Limelight Forums

Full Version: Monorail/Tram
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I decided that I could maybe build a monorail/tram dupe. But then these questions came in to my mind:

1. Would anyone use it, is it worth to build that if no-one uses it?
2. Route ideas?
3. How should I execute the dupe?
4. Does someone want to help me with that?

Feel free to post your thoughts below.
1. Every roleplay build idea should be built, as you never know when you might need it or use it. There might be instances which it might come in handy, can be even used to give a tour of the map if executed nicely.

2. Between the layers of the city, the top part and the bottom or the ocean/lake and the city. (The latter will give new players and lazy people an easy transport to the main fishing destination.

3. Use materials that make sense, don't make it chunky, have it properly and realistically supported, Use the advantages of rockford, using another method besides elevator allows you to go in multiple ways.

Also, having built a monorail or tram dupe does not mean staff will almost always give you permission for it, they at times give or not give permission based on the activities going on in the server. I'd suggest you to not constantly message them about it, or ghost it continuously.
This one was made on LL ages ago but it would be wise to link up each section of the city with popular areas, for example, Villas, Main City, Industrial.

(Shameless "self advertisement", suck ur mum)
(Nov 19, 2017, 02:04 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]1. Every roleplay build idea should be built, as you never know when you might need it or use it. There might be instances which it might come in handy, can be even used to give a tour of the map if executed nicely.

2. Between the layers of the city, the top part and the bottom or the ocean/lake and the city. (The latter will give new players and lazy people an easy transport to the main fishing destination.

3. Use materials that make sense, don't make it chunky, have it properly and realistically supported, Use the advantages of rockford, using another method besides elevator allows you to go in multiple ways.

Also, having built a monorail or tram dupe does not mean staff will almost always give you permission for it, they at times give or not give permission based on the activities going on in the server. I'd suggest you to not constantly message them about it, or ghost it continuously.

^

Not to mention the RPs that this could open up. Like Transit Police RPs
With this, we could also have street-cars as well as dedicated streets for trams, buses and monorails only
I love the idea of a monorail and this map has a seemingly higher and more accessible ceiling to avoid issues with ground vehicles.

As much as I would like the idea of having ground based transit systems, I think it would be hard to pull off without restricting road access for cars, which generally not a great idea with all the frequent wrecks from the "on ice" cars we have.
   and did awesome job yesterday with their monorail! It was awesome
(Nov 21, 2017, 11:33 AM)Vatipää Wrote: [ -> ]   and did awesome job yesterday with their monorail! It was awesome

Does anyone have a screen or video of this.  It could be useful to generate ideas of how to pull this task off, perhaps they would even be willing to assist in this effort as they've already proven they can do the job.

Also, I wanna see it because yalls grasp on how to use some of the tools amazes simple jacks like me
Started build one with we already got route , everything its done , we just didnt had time or i didnt have time yet to go on live and place it for fun

This is all i can think of when I see a monorail
(Dec 10, 2017, 02:24 AM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]Started build one with  we already got route , everything its done , we just didnt had time or i didnt have time yet to go on live and place it for fun

I saw you building it and it looks great
(Dec 10, 2017, 02:24 AM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]Started build one with  we already got route , everything its done , we just didnt had time or i didnt have time yet to go on live and place it for fun

But when me,  and  placed ours Vimpto complained and made us remove it...
didn't make you remove it, just said it gave me lag. And i wasnt the only one that got lag from it aswell.

The route me and rock decided to do shouldnt make as much lag because there is alot less props etc.
(Dec 10, 2017, 02:40 PM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]didn't make you remove it, just said it gave me lag. And i wasnt the only one that got lag from it aswell.

The route me and rock decided to do shouldnt make as much lag because there is alot less props etc.

Nope, you convinced the server that it was laggy
So, how many props is it if I may ask?
Pages: 1 2