Limelight Forums

Full Version: Murdoch UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: (On behalf of) Murdoch Murdoch

Ban ID: N/A

Banned by: Dunno

Server: Forum

Ban Reason: Threatening Staff members, their homes, lives and family

Why should you be unbanned? (With evidence for formatting convenience and easier reading): First of all, y'all better start using that Oxford/Harvard comma.

Now, let's begin by stating the fact this post was OBVIOUSLY A JOKE. Originally, I had a little disclaimer at the bottom of the post originally which said this, and I have a screenshot of that here.

[Image: a0697d69ad37f6a24b2182d79d19dd68.png]

You can later see that I edited the post to remove this disclaimer.

[Image: b56c1dc1a57f2a7e17e03306c647a0b1.png]

The reason I did this is because I felt, as is the nature of disclaimers, that it takes away from the comedy value. This post is clearly satire. You'd have to be an idiot to feel seriously threatened by that. I was an admin myself too, once. I've had my fair share of threats from both friend and foe. But did it ever bother me? No, of course not. Because I've half the brain to recognise satire.

Sorry to whichever admin took offence to this, but perhaps you do need to grow a spine too.

Sincerely,
Murdoch

I don't plan on burning down people's houses any time soon.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Welker.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
You're an ex-staff member so you should be well-aware of the rules.
[Image: 30e003fe03abc86d78dafa05f413e51f.png]

You are in violation of our forum rules which are very clear about threats. Posting in a meme-thread does not mean that you can break these rules.
Posting on behalf of Lods/Murdoch Murdoch, from here on until mentioned otherwise:

Since each and every one of you are so eager to point it out, yes, I'm an ex-staff member. With that in mind, were it anyone else and I were still staff, I wouldn't have banned them for that. While we're on that subject, the other thing I'd like to note as an ex-staff member is competence. Does it seriously take you 7 days to reply to a post where you essentially re-iterate the words of the ban reason without any further input? Don't waste my time.

It took a day of that post being up before I was banned, during that time it was looked at by multiple staff members and yet it took a specific one of you who was creative and ballsy enough to ban me for it.

Given you're at liberty to repeat yourself, I'll take equal measure to reiterate, not surprisingly, the same thing I did to the original ban reason. It's a damn joke. It's not a threat.

While we're here, let's take a look at some other reasons why you want to keep me banned:

- I'm double accounting
Well, let me be the first to say that's not me. Want proof? Here you are.

[Image: 67512f093f219e07e109e1d21703c6c5.png]

Surpriiiiise. It's still Maniac.

- People are breaking the rules because of me
I don't control what they do. How could I? I'm banned. Keeping me banned is not going to change that for the better if it's already happening anyway. It's their own decision.

Needless to say, it doesn't help that you're not exactly treating them fairly. How can you expect them not to be angry about the fact they're being persecuted? But how could anyone think this, you ask? Your staff team is so unbiased and fair! Well I'm afraid it comes straight from the source. 2 sources, in fact.

[Image: 9ec28a86451108e9f74259dfb64e39f3.png]
[Image: a7d02b934a7cbdc67d917b3f431e3e72.png]
Generously contributed by who is free to post his input on the given evidence.

When your own staff openly admit to persecution and skewed judgement, is it really safe to assume that I, or any of these poor souls, ever broke the rules at all? After all, there is no rule which says "don't associate with people we don't like Sad"

Footnote: I'm aware of that rule which states don't post messages without permission, but how is one supposed to ask permission from someone to post evidence of them doing something bad? Seems unreasonable, so using my apparently superior ex-staff judgement I've decided to deem this void for this particular purpose.

- Your most favourite and esteemed companion, Murdoch Murdoch

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posting on behalf of myself, from here on until mentioned otherwise:

The 2 screenshots that I provided, I interpreted them as "If you associate with Lods, you're just as bad as him". I'd also like to point out that my demotion from contributor has no involvement in me producing those screenshots, I simply felt what was said is relevant to the this appeal.
The actual statement was "You know what a good way to get forum warnings is? Jumping on the maniac/lods meme-wagon and posting hitler related things on the forums". Don't really appreciate you trying to cut the important part of the sentence out to make your point.
(Nov 19, 2017, 05:56 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]The actual statement was "You know what a good way to get forum warnings is? Jumping on the maniac/lods meme-wagon and posting hitler related things on the forums". Don't really appreciate you trying to cut the important part of the sentence out to make your point.
Posted on behalf of Murdoch

That's just how Tails sent me it. I can't help that, so don't put it on me. [font=Whitney,]Regardless, they're connected by an 'and' so in the view of standard English they exist as separate entities. It doesn't exactly change much. It's unlikely this was cropped with the intent to deceive.[/font]
(Nov 19, 2017, 06:20 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 19, 2017, 05:56 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]The actual statement was "You know what a good way to get forum warnings is? Jumping on the maniac/lods meme-wagon and posting hitler related things on the forums". Don't really appreciate you trying to cut the important part of the sentence out to make your point.
Posted on behalf of Murdoch

That's just how Tails sent me it. I can't help that, so don't put it on me. [font=Whitney,]Regardless, they're connected by an 'and' so in the view of standard English they exist as separate entities. It doesn't exactly change much. It's unlikely this was cropped with the intent to deceive.[/font]

I felt the end part of the quote was irrelevant when i sent it (originally i sent it with no intentions of it being used as evidence, it was simply part of a discussion between me and Murdoch), and just coincidence the same image was used as evidence.

Full convo between me and Overlewd so Enzyme doesnt think im leaking:[Image: NerZ3]
[Image: Bd5ysLJ.png][Image: NerZ3]
At the end of the day. I am the admin that made the final ban.

The reason is due to previous warnings and of course the threat. Joke or not this is not something that should be encouraged. You have been warned in the past and you continued to move forward with it. I did not see any disclaimer when I read it.

I do take things seriously regardless of the subject. Why? Because it is part of my job. Now, usually this would warrant a small warning or message to inform the player on why such a message or statement is inappropriate. However in this case you had already been warned. This was the last call.

All said and done, I will not tolerate threats to my house, my real job, or my three kids and wife. You threaten my families lives simply because I'm a staff member, joking or not, there will be some form of consequences.

Why should that not be taken seriously?
Written on behalf of Lods/Murdoch Murdoch

Also can someone reply for now and say
That I'm sick and might not be able to reply for a couple of days
And that I request all proceedings are halted until I'm not sick anymore
I can't even think coherently right now let alone write a UBR reply
Yes we can hold.

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Rest up.
Alright boys,

I have returned to the land of the living

Here to dish out justice to the innocent

Let's get started.

Don't fool around, clearly you haven't taken it that seriously. Firstly, you wish well on me, someone you claim to have threatened your livelihood and family. You wouldn't wish well on someone if you genuinely believe that. So no, it shouldn't be taken seriously, because it's a joke and you damn well know it is because you did just that.

Also, the post is still there. You didn't delete it or edit it in any way. Clearly you're not that worried about it if you didn't even bother to do that, or if you meant to, didn't bother to check.

[Image: a0bbb50f6e759fe8b3bb825522eb733c.png]

And if it's oh-so-serious, better go ahead and ban the 2 people that liked it too. They must be rallying to the cause, ready to strike at any moment.

But that sounds ridiculous, right? Because the fact is, it is, pardon my French, fucking ridiculous. The post means nothing. It's an attempt at humour. It made 2 people laugh enough to bother to like the post. It's a reasonably successful attempt at humour.

Your house, job, kids, and wife are safe.

The fact is, when something's a joke, it is inherently not a threat. That's why interaction rule 4 is irrelevant. My post is no different to when someone says "oh my God kill yourself" etc. and people are never so much as warned for that.

Par exemple:

[Image: c697dcf039a89d514df5a1cf5bc907d4.png]

This ban is absurd, and as much a joke as my post. It's time to put an end to the joke.
Welcome back.

I'll start at the top. There is no fooling, I do take it seriously. A rally cry to cause RL damage to players or staff is not acceptable, joke or not.

Yes, there are those that make comments to kill yourself, I don't agree to that personally but it is common, plus there is a difference between making that snide remark and creating a detailed rally cry to cause harm.

As for me wishing you well. Why wouldn't I? At the end of the day I don't want anyone to be sick or hurt, including those I might not agree with. I will wish people well despite how I feel about them.

I didn't delete the post as I like to keep things clear. If I went around deleting and editing everything it just makes research harder for all.

One does not arrest people for clapping at a subject that went off on an officer. They themselves did not do the crime, clapping or agreeing with it does not make them guilty unless they act on it.

I agree with you, let's put this to an end.

Denied. Player continued to break the rules after being warned. With the player's hours and history, he should know better. Joke or not, it is still a violation.