Limelight Forums

Full Version: Shadowplay Broke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can't get this shit to work. It used to but now the overlay stops showing up even when I have it turned on.

Windowed, windowed borderless and fullscreen games all not working.

What do.

Pls help.
Live with it, same as i do
My shadowplay has been acting weird too. Might just be the most recent update.
Do you use spotify?
Yeah! Had recently problems with it not showing up. 2days ago in my 1v1 M24 vs Kar98 final cirkle beach battle. Shame that shadowplay didn't work even if I had it turned on -.-

Usally when it breaks for me I just update it
(Nov 7, 2017, 10:04 AM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]Usally when it breaks for me I just update it

Do you not think I updated it already

The update is what broke it

Will reinstall tonight
I'm sorry, I was only trying to help.
[Image: kM5W4PZ.png]

If you have spotify try turning hardware acceleration off
I recommend using OBS, it's much better IMO.

I know this didn't help but just giving some hints!
(Nov 7, 2017, 08:13 PM)Vatipää Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend using OBS, it's much better IMO.

Obs doesn’t have the features that shadow play does
(Nov 8, 2017, 09:26 AM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 7, 2017, 08:13 PM)Vatipää Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend using OBS, it's much better IMO.

OBS has all of the features which ShadowPlay has apart from the in-game automatic kill highlight recording for PUBG. It has replay buffer for any time you want (as long as you assign sufficient RAM for the temporary storage) and the quality is much better.

Due to the recording not being based on the overlay, you won't lose any recordings if your game suddenly crashes and force closes either, as you can simply save the recording from the desktop.
(Nov 8, 2017, 09:46 AM)Blazing Wrote: [ -> ]

recording from the desktop.

Does that mean I'll have to play all my games in borderless window
(Nov 8, 2017, 09:53 AM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: [ -> ]

No, what I'm saying is that OBS can save the replay buffer even after you've exit your game, whereas usually ShadowPlay can only save replay buffers when you're in-game (so if GMod suddenly crashes, you've lost your recording).

You can set OBS to game capture, desktop capture, window capture or region capture. It's the most versatile recording software, and you don't even need to fiddle with settings like most people think. In fact, the 'Indistinguishable quality' preset is better than most people's custom settings (as a lot of people fiddle without knowing what they're doing).

I also have the issue you have with ShadowPlay's overlay not working consistently, which is why I explored the option of OBS in the first place.
(Nov 8, 2017, 09:56 AM)Blazing Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 8, 2017, 09:53 AM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: [ -> ]

No, what I'm saying is that OBS can save the replay buffer even after you've exit your game, whereas usually ShadowPlay can only save replay buffers when you're in-game (so if GMod suddenly crashes, you've lost your recording).

You can set OBS to game capture, desktop capture, window capture or region capture. It's the most versatile recording software, and you don't even need to fiddle with settings like most people think. In fact, the 'Indistinguishable quality' preset is better than most people's custom settings (as a lot of people fiddle without knowing what they're doing).

I also have the issue you have with ShadowPlay's overlay not working consistently, which is why I explored the option of OBS in the first place.
Yeah well when I just want to save a quick highlight from a game it’s wayyyyyy easier in shadowplay
Pages: 1 2