Limelight Forums

Full Version: unban request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Insurgent Devran (then) Kurdayet[font=sans-serif]î (now)[/font]

Ban ID: 6114

Banned by: 
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif][L²: M] Nightmare
[/font]

Server: CityRP 

Ban Reason: [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]R/C to avoid RP sit with prior on record for d/c to avoid staff, minor FearRP.[/font]

Why should you be unbanned?: Because there was a misunderstanding. I had been banned for two days because of a minor FearRP (Which I did) but I did not disconnect, I crashed. I lacked evidence, so I wanted to show an example of how it looked like. So then I did an un-ban request and showed an example of how my game looked when it crashed. Daley thought it was a fake evidence, so he made the ban to 30 days but it was just an example. Big misunderstanding but it was also my fault for being unclear. I have waited for too long, I don't want to wait more and I love playing on that server. 

We have one week off from school in Sweden (called höstlov) and I have nothing else to do, please unban me. I should have waited 2 days but I had to wait 17 days and now it's 13 days left. Like I said before, I'm sorry for being unclear but I just wanted to show an example, not a fake evidence taken from google.

Evidence: -
The staff-members have received your unban-request, stakkacz.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hi there ,

As Daley extended the punishment for me, as I was only Stage 1 at the time, I'll discuss this with him when we're both free and I'll update this when I can.

Thank you.
Thank you for your fast response, I hope I will get unbanned as fast as possible and I have been waiting for too long for a minor thing I did.

Kindest Regards,
Kurdayetî
Hey ,

I've discussed this over with Daley, and we've came to the conclusion that the image you posted as evidence, was a version of GMOD from a long time ago. Limelight will not allow connections from older game clients, as the versions need to match up for compatibility.

It was also reverse image searched, and the exact same image was found also. Not only this, but the client as shown in the screenshot seems to of crashed on the main menu, not our server.

Can you explain?
I'm not explaining the background, I just want to explain what it says when it crashes as you asked for it in my first unban request. That is the error message and I'm sorry if I'm unclear. I think that waiting 17 days for my mistakes is enough and 13 more days is too much. Like I said, I have nothing else to do as I have "höstlov" (1 week off) from school. All Swedish schools have that.

Kindest Regards,
Kurdayetî
You had it extended by a month because you lied in the Courthouse, something which is normally met with a much more severe punishment, in some cases it tends to be permanent.

If we look back at the first UBR you made...

Your disconnect reason was different than the usual "Steam Auth ticket has been cancelled" or "Timeout" message that we usually see when someone has crashed, I even took a screenshot of it when it happened.

[Image: 9068d6e03c.png]

Additionally, it was a very convinient timing for you to crash, considering you were surrounded by officers trying to arrest you. As stated in the original UBR:

Quote:It's very convenient timing for your game to of crashed, considering I was watching over the entire situation as it unfolded. You were being chased around by 2-3 officers, attempting to arrest you for a hit & run accident. You were constantly moving around without any breaks or interruption, and the President authorised the officers to deploy a taser. As you fell to the ground tased, you then disconnected.
Yes, the screenshot I gave was meant to be fake evidence and I apologize for that I will not do that again but please do not be this harsh. I know my mistakes now, I will not repeat them but 17 days is too much and I can't wait 13 days more. I really miss the server and I can't wait to go in and play. I should have just waited two days, It was just something stupid I made. This will not happen again and I would be very happy if I could be unbanned now.
Lying in the courthouse is a very severe offence, and isn't taken lightly. You broke the rules of The Courthouse, and had your punishment extended because of it. If I were you, I'd be very fortunate that it wasn't any longer. As stated in the Appeal Rules thread, any falsely provided evidence will lead to a permanent suspension.

Do you have anything else to add?
So this means that I will not get permanent banned, right? If it does, I'm happy but I'm just asking for mercy. I didn't think when I did that stupid unban request. Am I safe from perma ban?
You were already punished for the offence with a month's extension to your current ban, so you won't have it extended to a permanent ban based off this event, but if it happens in future, a permanent ban will be issued, as noted by Daley in your other unban request.
This will definitely not happen in the future, but could I please get a unban? I have nothing else to do this week as I have one week off from school like all other Swedish students. Of course, I'm happy for not being permanently banned, but an unban would make my week!

Kindest Regards,
Kurdayetî
Thank you for your unban request, but on this occasion, it has been denied.

As per the Appeal Rules I linked above, appeals shouldn't be made if you know that you broke the rules.

[Image: 29b1feada1.png]

I have explained above that you should be fortunate not to of received a permanent ban, and I'll leave it at that. Whilst I appreciate your patience, I can't lift this ban for you as the severity of the offence you commited is extreme, and the punishment should reflect that.

I hope you enjoy the week off, and we'll see you when you come back!

Cheers,
[L²:M] Nightmare
Server Moderation Team.