Limelight Forums

Full Version: My game randomly crashes when im playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason everytime im playing on Limelight i crash i was just in an shootout and my game just crashed this only happends when i play on Limelight please help me since i love this server

-Your regards Twan
Thank you for your bug-report, twanskull!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
This happens to me and  too we can't play for over 1 hour before my game crashes when I play on Limelight, I don't know if there's a fix for it, I don't think there is. Lots of content on the server, makes you drop in FPS and probably crash aswell. It's not that I got a bad computer either, I run GTA 5 Multiplayer on 60 fps.
I crash every 3 hours or so, it's just due to unoptimisation and there's not much we, as members, can do much about.
Not much the devs can do.
Give your MDMP files to Facepunch here: https://github.com/Facepunch/garrysmod-issues/issues or here: https://facepunch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
Typically, these issues are related to ram - How much ram do you have?
(Oct 28, 2017, 10:56 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Typically, these issues are related to ram - How much ram do you have?

One guy said he can run GTA so it looks like this particular issue isn't related to RAM (GTA V requires 4 GB of RAM, 32bit processes such as GMod cannot access more than 3-4GB of RAM)
Is there like a big group of shotguers firing at the same time? I get like 2fps and sometimes crash in that situation
(Oct 28, 2017, 11:01 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 28, 2017, 10:56 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Typically, these issues are related to ram - How much ram do you have?

One guy said he can run GTA so it looks like this particular issue isn't related to RAM (GTA V requires 4 GB of RAM, 32bit processes such as GMod cannot access more than 3-4GB of RAM)

I have 16GB of ram and I get GMod ram related issues
It's because GMod is a 32-bit game, therefore it only has access to 3-4gb of your RAM and not up to 8gb I believe it is like 64-bit games have. Therefore people have RAM issues quite often.
(Oct 28, 2017, 11:01 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]

Just checked, 8 GB of RAM & 64bit 
can you move this to help and support?
(Oct 30, 2017, 03:09 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ] can you move this to help and support?

You need a dev/admin to move it. We can't.
Well I got the same problem like every 1-2 hours.
These crashes have been a very common thing for everyone since the newest updates (at least from my own notice) however we have also had a high player count at high-time with highs of 60 to 70 players. I'm sure the Developers are working on finding what is going on. I think if some people could supply some Crash Reports when the issue occurs, we can send them to the Developers to support them in finding and fixing the issues that are making users crash their client.