Limelight Forums

Full Version: i need good game ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm bored as fuck and I wanna get a new game. 

Requirements:
1. Can be continuously played
     A. What I mean by this is like I don't want a story mode, then the game ends. I want something that I can play for hundreds of hours            and still be good
2. No MOBAs
3. Cheap (less than 30 USD)
4. Decent Reviews
5. Can be steam, origin, uplay, whatever
6. No fighting games
7. No old ass arcade games
I've enjoyed RimWorld recently. But you'd have to enjoy that style of game to really get into it. Though it can be quite challenging and harsh. I got about 60 hours and I'll definitely replay it at some point. Give it a look maybe
https://store.steampowered.com/app/294100/RimWorld/

I've been playing M&B Warband too which is pretty fun tho quite old at this point. But again you'd have to enjoy that style of game to really get into it.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/48700...e_Warband/
(Oct 21, 2017, 05:37 AM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]I've enjoyed RimWorld recently. But you'd have to enjoy that style of game to really get into it. Though it can be quite challenging and harsh. I got about 60 hours and I'll definitely replay it at some point. Give it a look maybe
https://store.steampowered.com/app/294100/RimWorld/

I've been playing M&B Warband too which is pretty fun tho quite old at this point. But again you'd have to enjoy that style of game to really get into it.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/48700...e_Warband/

I've seen gameplay for rimworld and it seems pretty slow. Not my type of game. 

Warband doesn't seem too good personally, but thanks for the suggestions
Insurgency?
CS:GO, TF2...?
Papers, Please?
Reigns?
Spelunky?
Super Meat Boy?
One Finger Death Punch?
Lethal League?
Rocket League?
Geometry Dash?
Bit Blaster XL?
GTA V LSPDFR or many of its spin offs such as EMS, FD, Towing services, etc.

PUBG is pretty fun, but you need friends to have the best experience IMO.

Cities Skylines is a calming game with enough freedom to keep you interested for a while.
(Oct 21, 2017, 05:58 AM)Fly Wrote: [ -> ]Insurgency?
Have it, don't like it
CS:GO, TF2...?
Rather not get AIDs
Papers, Please?
Have it, boring and the storyline ends
Reigns?
Not my style
Spelunky?
No
Super Meat Boy?
No
One Finger Death Punch?
Seems like I could find better on a free flash game website
Lethal League?
Fighting games are bad
Rocket League?
Have it, not fun
Geometry Dash?
Rather not rage to shit
Bit Blaster XL?
Old ass arcade game, not fun.
(Oct 21, 2017, 06:02 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]GTA V LSPDFR or many of its spin offs such as EMS, FD, Towing services, etc.
I have GTA V so I can add the LSPDFR mod, but it just got annoying. No vehicles wanted to work when I tried.

PUBG is pretty fun, but you need friends to have the best experience IMO.
Seems like it can be fun, but I would only really be able to play it when others are on. Going solo seems hard as hell.

Cities Skylines is a calming game with enough freedom to keep you interested for a while.
Have it. It just got annoying with the random ass issues. "Everyone shits 500 times a day now so your sewers are overflowing even though yesterday was OK"
Have you already taken the EU4/CK2 pill, assuming you like strategy games?
(Oct 21, 2017, 07:26 AM)Dig Wrote: [ -> ]Have you already taken the EU4/CK2 pill, assuming you like strategy games?

I'm a hearts of iron guy. Havent played eu4 or ck2 or any civ games.
Witcher 3 with both expansions, few hundred hours of content there, great story, great characters, and i can still go back to it now and find new stuff i never have seen before.

https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_w...ar_edition

50% off right now, gives you all 3 soundtracks and a ton of other goodies.

If you get Witcher 3, DO NOT get it on steam, get it from GoG, because thats the companies own thing, AND its DRM Free

Plus, should you ever actualy finish the main quests after 100hrs, it has Newgame Plus, so you can boot it up later, come back to it, and have all your badass gear and abilitys for the next run, and the game has tweaked its difficulty to account for the fact your now NG+

(Oct 21, 2017, 07:42 AM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 21, 2017, 07:26 AM)Dig Wrote: [ -> ]Have you already taken the EU4/CK2 pill, assuming you like strategy games?

I'm a hearts of iron guy. Havent played eu4 or ck2 or any civ games.

well despite all the paradox bullshit you're probably already well aware of having already played HOI4... EU4 and CK2 are definitely as replayable if not a little more than HOI4 in my opinion. Also considering HOI4 deals with just WW2 and CK2/EU4 deal with entire time periods I'd say there is a lot more content.
Only bummer is the amount of DLC you have to purchase like every other paradox game.
No mans sky
Stardew Valley
(Oct 21, 2017, 01:30 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]Stardew Valley

Boiiiiii he might aswell play farmville on facebook

Nah but get PUBG tho, most people turn pretty active once they start playing it.
Therefore it really shouldn't be much of an issue to find friends to play with due to so many people owning it.

The Witcher 3 was also a v good suggestion by Blackdog.
Rainbow Six siege, 1k hours not board
Pages: 1 2 3