Limelight Forums

Full Version: Escape from Tarkov
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are you fed up of little kids in PUBG? Are you sick of firing guns that feel like you're trying to kill someone with airsoft? Are you tired of feeling a lack of progression in your shooter? Do you like the idea of an immersive FPS with realistic, fulfilling gameplay? Then I've got just the thing for you!

[Image: 6cd5f8b0c7530c10659bf47f95c58590.png]
https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

Edit: Someone was confused about where you actually get the game so here's a direct link to the page where you buy it -
https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page

I'm not a professional journalist so if you want some real reviews you can find some here:
https://bit-tech.net/previews/gaming/pc/...preview/1/
https://www.dualshockers.com/escape-from...v-preview/

The more observant of you may have seen of heard of this game before, but it's unlikely you know much about it.

It's important to note that this is an early access preview however all those who pre-order any package of the game will have access to the closed beta currently, which has no signs of closing until release.

As a forewarning, this game is extremely realistic and if you're not willing to dedicate at least something to it, you're going to have a bad time. That being said, this game doesn't require extreme precision aiming skills like that of CSGO - if you manage to catch an enemy by surprise, they will die very quickly especially with no armour as long as you have a patient trigger finger and you're able to point and shoot; the skill comes in things like positioning, teamwork and communication (when you're not solo), and virtues such as patience. These skills are easy to learn, but require self-discipline to maintain. This game is very punishing on a lack of discipline. For a small Russian studio, these guys make an impressive game with frequent updates to keep things active.

Put simply, it's primarily a PVP game, but there are some AI known as scavengers or 'scavs' (which you also have the ability to play as occasionally).

The realism spans everything from ballistics, to injuries, to weather - yes, even the weather affects the ballistics of your gun (the effects are not drastic, in most cases they are so small you wouldn't even notice, same goes for a lot of things in the game, but the attention to detail is there nonetheless). There are different ammo types, you can load multiple types of ammo into your magazines, too. For example you could put tracers at the bottom of your magazine so you know when you're running out of ammo, since there is a limited UI.

The UI also shows your current movement speed (did I mention you can change that with the scroll wheel?) and stance, as well as when status effects are initially applied such as fractures or bleeding - because let's be honest, who wouldn't notice that. Even pain is a factor. Take for example you are shot in your arm and it is fractured. You are still able to use your gun, albeit much less accurately, and visual effects are applied that make it more difficult to see. You have no splint to fix the fracture but no matter - you have a morphine injector. Apply that and your worries are temporarily dealt with while you search for a more permanent solution.

This game has a massive appeal to gun nuts too. Every single gun is as it would be in real life, as well as a lot of the other gear and even tradable household items where copyright allows, with countless options for customisation. You can add all manner of things, and even remove certain things you probably shouldn't such as the dust cover (this seems to be very popular among the scavs irritatingly). Take for example a few of my weapons (inb4 someone criticises my mod configurations):

The objective of the game right now is fairly simple - survive, collect better gear, kill more people. There are no sleeper mechanics to worry about like games such as rust, you have a stash and each game is a server instance known as a 'raid' which lasts a maximum of 2 hours depending on the map. Everything you take into this 'raid' is at risk, but serves as a tool for you to kill more enemies, and acquire even better equipment. There are several tasks you can do for the traders in order to bolster your relations with them for discounts and the availability of better items, but in the current build of early access there's no larger objective yet. That doesn't detract from the game being enjoyable and fulfilling however.

Some of you may be wondering, why have I posted this in the looking to play section? Well that's simple - I want some people to play with. The game can be played solo, but it's extremely nerve-racking, which isn't always a bad thing, but it's about time I had somebody to watch my back before it gives me a heart attack.

There are several packages available when you buy the game, the default package being available for 34.99€/1600₽/$44.99 or your country's equivalent, conversion charges apply in most instances. Personally I have the top package which comes with the season pass as well as some other perks, but it's up to you which one you buy, if any. I encourage you to do your own research on the game as well, there is so much more the game has to offer, but I also want to make sure you have an informed and balanced opinion before buying.

I see great potential in this game, and it's already swallowed my attention up for Months since April (6 Months!) and I have no signs of getting bored of it yet. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who likes first person shooters but is bored of the standard model that gets released by every developer year in year out. I also just need some guys to play with because I'm gonna lose my marbles looking over my shoulder all the time.

Game looks nice as well which is pretty cool I guess, I'm just out of shit to write at this point.
Hmu on steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/MurdochMurdoch/

Game isn't on steam tho, has its own launcher
.. hot
I thought about preordering it, but I’d rather wait till the release.
(Oct 19, 2017, 05:16 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]I thought about preordering it, but I’d rather wait till the release.

I mean, it's not really a pre-order. It's more just like buying an early access title, in any other situation you'd get the full game upon release as well.
(Oct 19, 2017, 08:38 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 19, 2017, 05:16 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]I thought about preordering it, but I’d rather wait till the release.

I mean, it's not really a pre-order. It's more just like buying an early access title, in any other situation you'd get the full game upon release as well.

Sorry, by my definition at this point pre-order means buying an unfinished product, repeased early access or not. Still rather see how it does when it’s fully released before I buy it. Don’t know how will it do.
I have it. Pretty dope game. plays with your nerves. You don't want to go to Customs with an AK74, fort armor, a helmet, and lose it all.
(Oct 19, 2017, 09:24 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]I have it. Pretty dope game. plays with your nerves. You don't want to go to Customs with an AK74, fort armor, a helmet, and lose it all.

Add me im lonely
Big update yesterday

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/news/id/84

Shit is starting to get pretty hectic now after this. And now is a great time to start because the game just wiped since this patch is so large. Still enlisting help.
Concept seems cool. I am getting tired of the hole grimy grey look a lot of games still insist on having though. But I'll wait until it's out, and see then. Too many games coming out, not sure if this stands out enough, but it has the potential too.
(Nov 1, 2017, 12:01 AM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]Concept seems cool. I am getting tired of the hole grimy grey look a lot of games still insist on having though. But I'll wait until it's out, and see then. Too many games coming out, not sure if this stands out enough, but it has the potential too.

It's not all grey

Russian summer is green in places
Just got the game. Have no fucking idea what I'm doing but it's fun, camping in a room and blasting a guy with a shotgun as a scav or whatever 10/10.
Shit now I gotta spend money...
(Nov 1, 2017, 07:03 AM)Preditor Wrote: [ -> ]Just got the game. Have no fucking idea what I'm doing but it's fun, camping in a room and blasting a guy with a shotgun as a scav or whatever 10/10.

Sell shit to the traders so you can level them up

Also the tasks are important for influence

Don't be impatient, use the scroll wheel to minimise your sound. Some engagements can last for 15 minutes with no shots fired and then an explosion of about 4 shots and somebody drops. Bring plenty of meds too, they're cheap anyway.

Refer to this guide for what keys do https://forums.uwsgaming.com/topic/3871-...s-and-you/
(Nov 1, 2017, 06:41 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Nov 1, 2017, 07:03 AM)Preditor Wrote: [ -> ]Just got the game. Have no fucking idea what I'm doing but it's fun, camping in a room and blasting a guy with a shotgun as a scav or whatever 10/10.

Sell shit to the traders so you can level them up

Also the tasks are important for influence

Don't be impatient, use the scroll wheel to minimise your sound. Some engagements can last for 15 minutes with no shots fired and then an explosion of about 4 shots and somebody drops. Bring plenty of meds too, they're cheap anyway.

Refer to this guide for what keys do https://forums.uwsgaming.com/topic/3871-...s-and-you/

Yea I've survived two raids so far though I play way too careful with my ARMA SENSE. Though I tried buying stuff from traders and it says I don't have the money when I do :p
Pages: 1 2