Limelight Forums

Full Version: Foojile's unban request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Foojile

Ban ID: 6068

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag.
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif][L²:M] Internet
[/font]

Server: Rockford

Ban Reason: [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]1.5, 1.9, 2.1. Not here to RP. Come back when you're willing to follow the orders of the armed officer, telling you to leave your vehicle multiple times. Multiple priors for failing to/avoiding RP.[/font]

Why should you be unbanned?: Internet did that thing cops do where they write in a bunch of synonyms for the law you broke so that it seems like it was worse than what it was and you go to jail for 15 minutes. How can I be banned for rule 1.5? How can I possibly break "[font=Lato, sans-serif]Listen to admin decisions; they aren't negotiable."? There was no reason for this to be a 7 day ban. I lagged (I think Leon is ddosing me) and recklessly drove so a cop pulled me over. I got out when we stopped and tried to run away. I tried to explain to Internet that I didn't see that I had a taser pointed at me and then he started talking about rule 1.9. Another reason for my ban was because of multiple priors for failing to/avoiding RP even though I only have one ban for breaking fearrp which happened around 7 months ago. Any other avoiding RP were a couple of disconnecting to avoid arrest which all happened at least 3 months ago. If he wants to ban me for breaking fearrp then go ahead but there was no reason for this to have been a 7 day ban.[/font]

Evidence: n/a
The staff-members have received your unban-request, foojile79.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Evening Foojile, thanks for the Unban Request.

(Oct 13, 2017, 02:52 AM)foojile79 Wrote: [ -> ]Ban Reason:
1.5, 1.9, 2.1. Not here to RP. Come back when you're willing to follow the orders of the armed officer, telling you to leave your vehicle multiple times. Multiple priors for failing to/avoiding RP.

Internet did that thing cops do where they write in a bunch of synonyms for the law you broke so that it seems like it was worse than what it was and you go to jail for 15 minutes. How can I be banned for rule 1.5? The addition of 1.5 is due to the fact that you continued to argue about the situation, despite the fact I had already told you how you had broken the rule. How can I possibly break "Listen to admin decisions; they aren't negotiable."? There was no reason for this to be a 7 day ban. I lagged (I think Leon is ddosing me) and recklessly drove so a cop pulled me over. You failed to get out the car, whilst weapons were aimed at you and your vehicle prior to getting out. I got out when we stopped and tried to run away. I tried to explain to Internet that I didn't see that I had a taser pointed at me and then he started talking about rule 1.9.The officers were behind you, within voice range (because I was floating in-front of you and I could hear them), repeatedly telling you to halt, that they had tasers and weapons. Your claim that you couldn't see them is a clear attempt the loophole the FearRP rule, which also states that FearRP is applied by persons "who is within microphone range of you". Another reason for my ban was because of multiple priors for failing to/avoiding RP even though I only have one ban for breaking fearrp which happened around 7 months ago. However, there have been a number of other situations where you have avoided RP. For instance, Permanent Warning #2963, Blacklist #72093 and Bans #5704, #5449, #5339 and #5158. Any other avoiding RP were a couple of disconnecting to avoid arrest which all happened at least 3 months ago. If he wants to ban me for breaking fearrp then go ahead but there was no reason for this to have been a 7 day ban.

Along with the points I have responded to, I should also note that I had to apply an OOC blacklist to you four hours prior. This, along with numerous warnings given prior for other issues with you in the server, combined with the multitude of chances I gave you during the situation and during the conversion after, led to my decision to issue a 7 day ban.

However, I do accept that I may not have been able to clearly communicate this to you at the time, due to the arguing with me about every point I made (please see my point on the 1.5 part of the reason).

Thank you again for posting this UBR, as it allows me to make my reasons for issuing the suspension clearer to see, as I am able to properly lay them out for you.

Yours,
Internet.
I wasn't arguing you asked why should you ban me right now and I was trying to tell you why. How could I have failed to get out of my car if I was running away? You say I failed to get out prior to getting out that doesn't make any sense. They may have been in voice range but when I'm running from the police my first thought isn't "well according to rule 2.1 fearrp is within voice range and if they're cops they're clearly pointing guns at me which means I need to stop but I'm already running which means have I already broken fearp? My best option would be to stop, surrender, and go to jail because I'm a good boy..." I'm not trying to say fearrp isn't a real rule but have you never watched cops? those blacks run away from cops with guns all the time it's how they get shot and riots start. Trying to explain that to you is not trying to find a loophole it's doing what you asked me to do. the Permanent warning and Blacklist you brought up have nothing to do with avoiding rp. The blacklist was for demoting someone as president (not avoiding rp since we weren't even in the same building or anything) and the warning was for a cdm which according to the rules isn't actual rp so driving away can't be avoiding it. The bans were all for d/cing to avoid admins/police which I haven't done for months now.

All of those things you listed had nothing to do with the current situation so there was no reason to bring all of that into this.

also "Thank you again for posting this UBR, as it allows me to make my reasons for issuing the suspension clearer to see, as I am able to properly lay them out for you." condescend at me again boy and i'll knock your teeth in......
Denied due to the banned user making threats towards a staff-member in the courthouse.
Signature has been removed and you will be issued a long ban if you continue this.

User warned.