Limelight Forums

Full Version: City RP Server or Ban RP Server (NOT SHITPOST)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which one is it? I keep forgetting if I am meant to RP, or get Shadowplay out and put PR's on players when the RP doesn't go my way Sad

Help admin?!

I was told to make this not look shitposty....Anyways, what is your opinion on the server's state? Right now it's less RPing and more "Mom! Get the Camera! He's breaking Fearp!"
People seem to fail to accept that failure is an integral part of unpredictable RP.

I mean if it's a REAL RP it's not even like you lose much, but people are more focused on their contraband, guns and money rather than what you're actually supposed to use them for - roleplay.
(Oct 11, 2017, 01:20 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Which one is it? I keep forgetting if I am meant to RP, or get Shadowplay out and put PR's on players when the RP doesn't go my way Sad

Help admin?!

I guess on one end it's going to Shadewplay bullcrap as in another parallel universe, You are indeed meant to RP
I do agree that as it stands right now players are very happy to just scream 'You Broke a Rule' than try and deal with it in a IC fashion. Most of the reports that we get could have been resolved peacefully. And it is a shame.

It is also part of why we toned down the rules a bit, to allow for more freedom to RP and hopefully encourage less blame games.

Recording alas is also important in the case that a major violation is caught on film. It is a good just in case. However I do believe that it shouldn't be used to report a new player that accidentally walks backwards when an officer has him at gunpoint, or a player lags out and drive over a player, or someone calls another player a bad word in OOC once. Those minor violations really aren't worth the overall effort unless the players repeatedly does the same thing over and over again.

What I'd like to see players do is think first, "How can this be handled IC?", and if the answer is 'It isn't possible', then pull out the @ or PR card. And even then, it might be worth talking to the player first as sometimes they don't even know they aren't breaking a rule.
(Oct 11, 2017, 02:06 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]I do agree that as it stands right now players are very happy to just scream 'You Broke a Rule' than try and deal with it in a IC fashion.  Most of the reports that we get could have been resolved peacefully.  And it is a shame.

Agreed

It is also part of why we toned down the rules a bit, to allow for more freedom to RP and hopefully encourage less blame games.

It’s gonna be a while till that plan works out. We still have a ridiculous anount of rules that deter RP and just plainly put, intervene and prohibit very nice roleplays.

Recording alas is also important in the case that a major violation is caught on film.  It is a good just in case.  However I do believe that it shouldn't be used to report a new player that accidentally walks backwards when an officer has him at gunpoint, or a player lags out and drive over a player, or someone calls another player a bad word in OOC once.  Those minor violations really aren't worth the overall effort unless the players repeatedly does the same thing over and over again.

Agreed. Small, accidental or unknowing players doesn’t hurt and can even spice of the game.

What I'd like to see players do is think first, "How can this be handled IC?", and if the answer is 'It isn't possible', then pull out the @ or PR card.  And even then, it might be worth talking to the player first as sometimes they don't even know they aren't breaking a rule.

Agreed.
Cba to quote out from that but the rules are already a lot less restrictive.

For example, you can finally defend your own gun store as a gun dealer workout rule ambiguity, and furthermore all the vendors are able to base and work with crime gangs, allowing for lucrative and more relevant/appropriate crime rackets, which actually have control over something profitable.

The more lenient rules are on the path of setting things back to how they used to be, integrating roleplay as part of the game mode rather than tossing it aside like an optional package.
that's why PUBG was made, so people go from cancer csgo and gmod to it Wink

JK
S e r i o u s R P p l s
(Oct 11, 2017, 05:38 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]S e r i o u s R P  p l s

As much as it has a place, that's not really something I'm in favour of.

I never really reached a final ground on how I thought of this - until now.

The fact is, sometimes I'd like to formulate a character who's already established in his role to play as, but not have it be shitty DarkRP. That's where semi-serious comes in.

I don't want the SeriousRP process of having to rise from nothing every single fucking time I want to play as a new character - or every time I die. It's annoying, it's arduous and it's not what most people are here for.
(Oct 11, 2017, 07:22 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: [ -> ]

The fact is, sometimes I'd like to formulate a character who's already established in his role to play as, but not have it be shitty DarkRP. That's where semi-serious comes in.

I don't want the SeriousRP process of having to rise from nothing every single fucking time I want to play as a new character - or every time I die. It's annoying, it's arduous and it's not what most people are here for.

That is how most seriousRP servers are. You start from nothing and just grow from there. SantosRP for example. They ID as serious but they have a vaguely similar NLR system to ours. You keep the stuff you stow and lose equipped items.
(Oct 11, 2017, 07:26 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

That is how most seriousRP servers are. You start from nothing and just grow from there. SantosRP for example. They ID as serious but they have a vaguely similar NLR system to ours. You keep the stuff you stow and lose equipped items.

But I just said I don't want that
(Oct 11, 2017, 07:47 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: [ -> ]

But....you keep your progress regardless of death or making a new character...which is what you said you wanted
(Oct 11, 2017, 07:57 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 11, 2017, 07:47 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: [ -> ]

But....you keep your progress regardless of death or making a new character...which is what you said you wanted

Oh cool then
For over a month now, I've kept tabs on player reports, who doesn't.

It honestly seems to me that most of the PR's that are placed now are of people 'Insulting' others in OOC..

And not only that, its the people that break the most rules, dont Roleplay and generally minge about that are placing them on players that have gotten frustrated at them ruining their roleplays.

Player reports should only apply to complete Gross Misconduct, items that are not suited for In-character resolution.

Since when has 'Dickhead' ever been an insult that an individual can honestly turn around and say that they are offended by.
how about we disallow player reports on insulting if you are not the 'insulted' person to prevent white knights from report everything.
Pages: 1 2