Limelight Forums

Full Version: Garry's Mod taking up 1/8 of my hard drive space
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ello, so basically garry's mod is taking up a stupid amount of hard drive space (125gb). The downloads folder contains most of the big stuff but all the file names are like 536457457.gma. 

https://gyazo.com/cc920d3c6100e4e3ff7886213226d2dc

I'm guessing this is server content from servers i've joined, but i'm wondering more about what's safer to delete without messing up materials since i cannot be bothered to go through fixing materials if i reinstall haha

Cheers
(Oct 10, 2017, 11:04 PM)Klinex Wrote: [ -> ]ello, so basically garry's mod is taking up a stupid amount of hard drive space (125gb). The downloads folder contains most of the big stuff but all the file names are like 536457457.gma. The downloads folder contains .gma files downloaded from the workshop when you connect to a server. They should all be safe to delete, due to the fact they'll be re-downloaded if required. However, this may increase your connection times.

I'm guessing this is server content from servers i've joined, but i'm wondering more about what's safer to delete without messing up materials since i cannot be bothered to go through fixing materials if i reinstall haha Any file in download is safe to delete. However, materials and such will be re-downloaded when you connect if required, increasing your connection time.

Cheers
(Oct 10, 2017, 11:24 PM)Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 10, 2017, 11:04 PM)Klinex Wrote: [ -> ]ello, so basically garry's mod is taking up a stupid amount of hard drive space (125gb). The downloads folder contains most of the big stuff but all the file names are like 536457457.gma. The downloads folder contains .gma files downloaded from the workshop when you connect to a server. They should all be safe to delete, due to the fact they'll be re-downloaded if required. However, this may increase your connection times.

I'm guessing this is server content from servers i've joined, but i'm wondering more about what's safer to delete without messing up materials since i cannot be bothered to go through fixing materials if i reinstall haha Any file in download is safe to delete. However, materials and such will be re-downloaded when you connect if required, increasing your connection time.

Cheers

Thanks babe x 

can be closed
Closed and Archived.
(Oct 10, 2017, 11:36 PM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]Closed and Archived.

definetly closed
Done.