Limelight Forums

Full Version: Ban Appeal | Faustin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Faustin

Ban ID: 6903

Banned By: [L²] Enzyme

Ban Reason: PRA (16837) – Scamming/attempting to scam a player, blackmail.

Why should you be unbanned?:

Let me begin by explaining my situation.

As you are most likely well aware, Enzyme, I was banned exactly 49 days ago. I am also well aware that technically I should not be posting this as “I know I have broken the rules”, however seeing as the suspension was permanent I really see no other options.

Now, onto why I should be unbanned:

Looking back on the player report (https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-16837.html), and reading through the comments I now do understand how I was breaking the rules. However, as you can see from my comments on said post, when I broke said rules you will gather I did not know I was doing so. Now you may be thinking “But you have 800 hours, you should be more than experienced enough to know this is not allowed”, which is correct – I should’ve known. Part of my ban was allegations for “Blackmail”, which yes, I should not have done however myself and the accusing party are now – what I would consider to be – good friends.

As for the issue with me scamming Bananen. What I did was uncalled for, and I faced the consequences no doubt about it, however upon realising my mistake I would like to issue a formal apology to   for my actions against him. Whilst I know this may have little impact, you will find out by doing a few searches that, with the exception of this, I have only ever been issued 3 administrative punishments, all of which are over a year old (near enough). This is relevant as it shows my record is nearly clean, and all 4 times I have ever been punished I had no intentions of ever actually breaking the rules.

Now it did come to my attention you may start to wonder “Why would he appeal?” The simple answer to that question is “Why not?” The extended answer would be something along the lines of: I have been apart from Limelight for near enough 26 months now and spent the equivalent of just under 5 weeks straight playing on your servers. In addition to this, I have donated close to £50, whilst this is not me trying to get special treatment, this is me trying to prove I give a shit. I am also appealing as I still have very good friends here, and I always enjoyed RPing alongside others, especially considering LimeLight offers an RP experience like no other.

I also wish to be unbanned as whilst I have been suspended from the servers, I have still been making active contributions to the forums in order to remain apart of the community, which can be seen by viewing my recent posts. I have also been trying to keep in contact with a lot of my friends on Limelight.

I do fully understand my actions were wrong, whether or not I realised that at the time is irrelevant. I do understand why the staff team chose to issue the punishment it did and for that I apologise. I am not asking for complete forgiveness to whoever reviews this appeal, but simply for a second chance. To also re-assure you something like this will never happen again until the day I die.
I thank you for taking your time to review this and do sincerely hope you come to the right decision.

- Faustin
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Faustin.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Under Review.
Whilst not to seem impatient, or to bug the reviewing staff members, but it has been 11 days without a proper answer.

"If your unban request hasn't been answered for up to seven days, the case will fall in your favour."
Would you accept an unban if you agree that we wipe your whole inventory and money.
(Oct 21, 2017, 08:33 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]Would you accept an unban if you agree that we wipe your whole inventory and money.

Due to the shear amount of time and real money I have spent, I would rather not unless absolutely necessary.

Is this something that could be discussed or negotiated?
This is still under review.
Due to the serious nature of this case, I'm only willing to unban you if you accept a full wipe of your inventory and money. Then your ban-time would be reduced down to one month.

If you don't agree to these terms then you may appeal later in the future once you've served more of your time.
(Oct 22, 2017, 04:41 AM)Enzyme Wrote: [ -> ]Due to the serious nature of this case, I'm only willing to unban you if you accept a full wipe of your inventory and money. Then your ban-time would be reduced down to one month.

If you don't agree to these terms then you may appeal later in the future once you've served more of your time.

I personally feel, despite my actions, these sanctions are too harsh based on the sheer amount of money I have spent.

Therefore I am not willing to accept these terms at this time, feel free to deny this case.

However, as recommended by a member of staff I shall include what would've change my mind:

- Being allowed to keep my BMW i8
- Being refunded every 50k I have ever donated for either from membership status or money packs.

Thank you for this second chance, however I wish to sit on it for a while and hope you will change the terms later down the line.

Once again, thank you.
Denied.

User failed to accept the terms given for an unban to take place.