Limelight Forums

Full Version: Problems with connecting to the server.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Whenever I try and join the server, I either get disconnected with the messages: Lost connection to the server, Constrictor timed out or the 'Auto disconnect in <....>.' 

I've tried restarting, but that didn't work. I've also tried joining from both the website and through someone on steam. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Constrictor.
How much space you have left on your PC? That could be the problem if you don't have allot of space.
Were your friends able to join the server as usual?
Do you have enough space left on your hard drive / ssd? (as SirApex said)
Did you blacklist Garry's Mod in your Firewall by accident? - Are you able to join other servers?
I tend to get the same issue multiple times in a day, usually it is either to your internet connection being disrupted while loading in or when your computer allocates too much resources to other stuff and the connection somehow drops because of that.

So my questions to you are.
What are your computer specs?
Do you have a STABLE connection?
Ethernet cable or WiFi?
Do you do anything else while loading in?
Are you on fullscreen, borderless or windowed mode?
(Oct 9, 2017, 08:49 PM)SirApex Wrote: [ -> ]How much space you have left on your PC? That could be the problem if you don't have allot of space.

I have 113 GB left.
(Oct 9, 2017, 08:53 PM)roxas Wrote: [ -> ]Were your friends able to join the server as usual?
Yes.
Do you have enough space left on your hard drive / ssd? (as SirApex said)
113 GB
Did you blacklist Garry's Mod in your Firewall by accident? - Are you able to join other servers?
Yep, I can join other servers.
(Oct 9, 2017, 09:06 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to get the same issue multiple times in a day, usually it is either to your internet connection being disrupted while loading in or when your computer allocates too much resources to other stuff and the connection somehow drops because of that.

So my questions to you are.
What are your computer specs?
https://gyazo.com/d5fb7ceef7d5505d62e4bbe00cf49da7
Do you have a STABLE connection?
Yeah.
Ethernet cable or WiFi?
WiFi
Do you do anything else while loading in?
I just go on google chrome
Are you on fullscreen, borderless or windowed mode?
Fullscreen
huh... how is your internet connection? That could be the problem.
How much ram do you have? Having to many tabs open in the background can fill up your ram space and cause you to crash.
(Oct 9, 2017, 09:26 PM)SirApex Wrote: [ -> ]huh... how is your internet connection? That could be the problem.

19.5 Mbps download
7.03 Upload
(Oct 9, 2017, 09:27 PM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]How much ram do you have? Having to many tabs open in the background can fill up your ram space and cause you to crash.

8GB Single-Channel DDR3
When joining try having just steam and gmod open, it happend before on my old mac and having everything closed in the background sometimes worked
(Oct 9, 2017, 09:28 PM)Constrictor Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 9, 2017, 09:26 PM)SirApex Wrote: [ -> ]huh... how is your internet connection? That could be the problem.

19.5 Mbps download
7.03 Upload

well that ain't bad... so I don't really know how to help you further as I currently have no idea what could be causing the problem. Sry
(Oct 9, 2017, 09:30 PM)SirApex Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 9, 2017, 09:28 PM)Constrictor Wrote: [ -> ]

19.5 Mbps download
7.03 Upload

well that ain't bad... so I don't really know how to help you further as I currently have no idea what could be causing the problem. Sry

Alright, thanks for the help Big Grin
(Oct 9, 2017, 09:30 PM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]When joining try having just steam and gmod open, it happend before on my old mac and having everything closed in the background sometimes worked

I think it's just let me join, but if it crashes again I'll try that.

EDIT: I'll try that now
Pages: 1 2