Limelight Forums

Full Version: CDM with a valid reason?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello people, today someting else than shitposting.

What do you think about CDM with a valid reason? In my opinion it should be allowed. But I don't know because people would just run people over for example if you point someone with a gun.
Its a bit overpowered, like you leave the handbrake off and bump into them and that's them fucking bamboozled. If someone points a gun it you it would take only a couple seconds to use your car as a fucking steamroller and turn them into a pancake

If cars weren't like giant billion caliber bullets then maybe
Make a realistic car damage system, then we do it. Cops run armed people over all the time. Its a valid form of defense. We should be allowed to do it here too
(Oct 8, 2017, 04:35 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]Make a realistic car damage system, then we do it. Cops run armed people over all the time. Its a valid form of defense. We should be allowed to do it here too

Exactly. The CDM rule is something real stupid (in some situations)
For the love of god, update vcmod (We've been waiting too long. It would bring life back to Mechanic Shops and vehicle conflict) and then alter the rule to allow for RP Reasons.
Well.. perhaps vehicles should knock people over and not injure them.. ever became unconcious from a car that hit you with 2 mph ?
Yeah it wouldn't really work out... SWAT would just run every suspect over in there unstoppable bulletproof van... In my opinion it would also be overpowered since you are not putting any inventory item at risk (Like a weapon) but rather just putting your character at risk which doesn't really matter.
(Oct 10, 2017, 08:52 AM)Oliver Burke Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it wouldn't really work out... SWAT would just run every suspect over in there unstoppable bulletproof van... In my opinion it would also be overpowered since you are not putting any inventory item at risk (Like a weapon) but rather just putting your character at risk which doesn't really matter.

How does your character being at risk not matter?
(Oct 10, 2017, 08:59 AM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 10, 2017, 08:52 AM)Oliver Burke Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it wouldn't really work out... SWAT would just run every suspect over in there unstoppable bulletproof van... In my opinion it would also be overpowered since you are not putting any inventory item at risk (Like a weapon) but rather just putting your character at risk which doesn't really matter.

Lets be honest, almost nobody cares when their character dies because all it does is employ the NLR cycle. Also the person with the gun is putting their life at risk.
(Oct 10, 2017, 09:01 AM)Oliver Burke Wrote: [ -> ]

Lets be honest, almost nobody cares when their character dies because all it does is employ the NLR cycle. Also the person with the gun is putting their life at risk.

I care my character has died.
i just think its annoying af, so ima pass thx.

Approve Nevy's character creation menu thx
I think it'd be a logical move to allow CDM for defense purposes, especially since FearRP no longer applies to melee weapons. Having to tip-toe around somebody hitting your vehicle and avoid running them over makes no sense to me.
(Oct 10, 2017, 09:02 AM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]

I care my character has died.

Thats what lots of people say but it is never true.
I care if my character dies. I gotta wait for NLR, I lose my gear, and I lose my car. It's more of a hassle than a tragic event.
Pages: 1 2