Limelight Forums

Full Version: Advanced Material only visible to people if it is applied while they are on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ID: 5aae9a4e94da81439b2ab9f7

Server [Rockford/Build/Event]: Rockford/Build

Map (if not default): rp_rockford_v2b

Description: With the Advanced Material tool, only players who are online at the time the tool is used can see applied materials. This means every time a player joins, the material must be re-applied before they can see it.

Bug observed since: Only noticed after the switch to Rockford but may have happened before then

Images/Screenshots: 
What I see:
[Image: KhK1zz4.jpg]

What anyone else sees after joining:
[Image: XkmsU9n.jpg]

The plate prop's stretched RT screen material will not show up unless I re-apply the Advanced Material for players who have joined the server.

Another example:
[Image: Cg7iQoK.jpg][Image: 4Vjw9y4.jpg]
Thank you for your bug-report, Mark-the-Mushroom!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
Creator appears to have dropped support for the tool. Last update was in 2016.
A fix went live a few days ago, in Rev 8401.

Any chance of seeing if that fixed it please ?
(Sep 29, 2018, 01:17 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]A fix went live a few days ago, in Rev 8401.

Any chance of seeing if that fixed it please ?

Issue still ongoing, nothing fixed
Quote:Checking advanced materials
Running cache
Setting for [NULL Entity]
Entity did not exist yet.
Interesting issue. I was wondering if this issue already existed in the past? As far as I can tell this was not the case.
Internet provided a straightforward fix with #471, I'm just not sure if this issue existed in the past or if it got added with the latest Garrysmod updates
(Apr 12, 2020, 11:01 AM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting issue. I was wondering if this issue already existed in the past? As far as I can tell this was not the case.
Internet provided a straightforward fix with #471, I'm just not sure if this issue existed in the past or if it got added with the latest Garrysmod updates

I have seen this issue before aswell, It started early this year after the update I believe.
Yeah, not a clue tbh. Might be a delay, might be some changes.
I was pondering the idea of a quick fix being: A button that reapplies the textuers. But if you can do that then you could probably just fix the tool at that point. I can't find consistency with this bug. As it seems to affect most but not all players who join. Friend came on yesterday and my dupe was fully textured on their client, but two more people joined at it wasn't textured for them.
> I was pondering the idea of a quick fix being: A button that reapplies the textuers. But if you can do that then you could probably just fix the tool at that point. I can't find consistency with this bug. As it seems to affect most but not all players who join. Friend came on yesterday and my dupe was fully textured on their client, but two more people joined at it wasn't textured for them.

There's already a fix awaiting review in #471.
(Apr 13, 2020, 03:27 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]> I was pondering the idea of a quick fix being: A button that reapplies the textuers. But if you can do that then you could probably just fix the tool at that point. I can't find consistency with this bug. As it seems to affect most but not all players who join. Friend came on yesterday and my dupe was fully textured on their client, but two more people joined at it wasn't textured for them.

There's already a fix awaiting review in #471.

a dream came true.
Aaand approved! #471 is awaiting a merge request.