Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR: Soviethooves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Name of Player: Soviethooves

SteamID:  [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]STEAM_0:1:40454676[/font]

Server:  V5P RP 

Time: 5:00PM 29/08/2017

Summary: Shooting an officer as a supposed corrupt cop.

Evidence: 

[Image: uRXXLn1PS4qx_mp8y9zD_g.png]
[Image: 34F254293FAFF24A11EA64E2D6D59F09FCF7E6B0]

Any admin which will check logs can see him shooting me, and  admitted to shooting me himself. As shown here, before I do i'd like to post a friendly reminder of rule  12.8 as it states You may kill/injure other government members, but only if they are an immediate threat to your life , the lives of innocent people, or if it is your only valid option while on-duty. Do not injure/kill for revenge, personal gain, grudges, etc.The Secret Service may never attack the president.

None of these things gave  a valid reason to injure me in any way.

[Image: MNf5tKc8RumZkfJIXRVVcg.png]
Thank you for your player-report, ExoticHoe.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, the accused player and witnesses may reply to this report.
I forgot to add in the original post, but him apologizing for doing it does not make it ok.
Moved to Staff Reports.
So 1. I apologized to you as you seem frustrated, not because it would make you feel better. It's just common courtesy. I like to take responsibility for my actions on occasion.

2. Using a less lethal weapon in the situation would've been acceptable, however it didn't do its intended purpose by not knocking you out on the 1st or 2nd hit. After I realized I put 4-5 shells into you, I immediately refrained from firing at you again and move to a non-lethal approach of Taser. I should've used the taser in the beginning, but sadly I continued to use the Beanbag Shotgun as I used it to force you out of the car (After you attempted to break Fearp)

3. I wouldn't consider this an intent to kill you, but I do agree that I knew what may happen if the shells were unsuccessful and I knew that possibility of harm when I used my beanbag shotgun. As the Corrupt RP would've gone, you would've taken a beanbag to the chest, I would've thrown your character into an alleyway, and then I would've began to enact some physical harm to set the mood of my character's corrupt actions. Sadly however, it seems our rules forbid physical harm, even as a corrupt individual (Something we will have to fix after this is Approved or Denied).
It was an attempt to kill me on my part. and the rule simply states kill or injure
(Aug 30, 2017, 05:27 PM)ExoticHoe Wrote: [ -> ]It was an attempt to kill me on my part. and the rule simply states kill or injure

I'm the one who was using the gun so I believe I knew what I was attempting to do with the less lethal weapon...The rule simply states kill or injure. I injured you, but I didn't put you in the injured state.
However, you didnt have a reason to shoot me as i posed no serious life threat to you or any citizens
(Aug 30, 2017, 07:44 PM)ExoticHoe Wrote: [ -> ]However, you didnt have a reason to shoot me as i posed no serious life threat to you or any citizens

I did have a reason and a well thought out Corrupt RP background for what would happen, yet I did not attempt to shoot or injure you. I attempted to knock you out. Sadly it seems our rules have a big error in them as corrupt cop players have been causing the same actions long before the rule was altered. Something (Again when this is Approved or Denied) we need to deal with.
about 3 minutes after the server restarted this happened and the only reason you can shoot a government member is if the player poses a LIFE THREAT to it, so your reason is quite invalid
(Aug 30, 2017, 09:11 PM)ExoticHoe Wrote: [ -> ]about 3 minutes after the server restarted this happened and the only reason you can shoot a government member is if the player poses a LIFE THREAT to it, so your reason is quite invalid

In RP sake it was not life threatening and was not meant to be, however decide how you read that as you like. We currently allow officers to abuse citizens or other officers as part of Corrupt RP within valid reason, so I would assume this falls under the same principles as my goal wasn't to kill you, but to subdue you into my custody which would follow through with a few beatings and threats IC. But sadly, you broke Fearp and now well, here we are.

I've given my responses, and you've given yours. I'll answer any questions brought up by a 3rd party in this investigation (And I don't understand why it is here. I never abused my powers. All players can deal damage to others via the Beanbag Shotgun).
staff reports arent just for abuse, i originally posted a player report but it was moved here.
From the staff report instructions:

The following points are abuse:

Using admin powers to RDM, i.e. godmoding and firing RPGs at people.

Using noclip or teleport to help some friends in a raid.

Demotes someone solely in order to claim the job.

Using noclip or teleport to avoid RP situations (unless admin situation).

Bypassing arrest mechanism (unless admin situation).

Unfairly refunding himself free items for no reason.

Abuse of admin powers against people, i.e. random !slay, !ignite

Using godmode/heal during a raid solely to give himself a fighting advantages

Teleporting his friends into an active raid in order to help out

Using admin tools and constructs for an unfair agressive advantage unless previously agreed upon by all parties involved for an RP situation.

Breaking rules himself solely because he is an admin
Messing around, for example killing other admins or using punishment commands for the fun of it, etc.
Like i said, it was moved here by overlewd
I'm not questioning you, I'm questioning HR. If a staff member breaks a rule, I don't see why it shouldn't stay in Player Reports. If not, then we need to make a section for Staff Reports that don't involve abuse of power.
Pages: 1 2