Limelight Forums

Full Version: Reloading while on safety
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Server Rockford 
Description: I've seemed to be able to reload my gun while it is on safety.
Bug observed since: 26/8/17
Images/Screenshots: (Got none but it shouldn't be that hard to do.)
Thank you for your bug-report, AyeeAnonymous!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
How is this a bug? It's not hard to release the magazine and insert and new one whilst holding your weapon in that position.
(Aug 27, 2017, 07:18 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]How is this a bug? It's not hard to release the magazine and insert and new one whilst holding your weapon in that position.

There isn't an animation for it and apart from it being unrealistic, it can also have consequences in various role-play situations. (Eg. some police reloading on safety to get ready to shoot somebody without them knowing)
Depending on what firearm you were reloading whilst it was on safety, please do note that most firearms do allow for the user to reload and cock (ready) the firearm. It just doesn't allow the trigger to be pushed down or the hammer to fall down on the firing pin.
Ah I see what you mean, I thought he meant in the simple position of holding his gun in "safe" mode, I completely forgot about actually putting the gun on safety aha.
Not really a bug. I think all the firearms we have allow for you to eject and change the magazine without having to switch firing modes irl.
Even if you reload in safety mode, the sound will still be heard.
This is more a limit from Garry's Mod rather than anything. A custom animation could be made for this however that would take quite a long time and for what it is worth, not so much of an issue.
Closed. Intended behaviour.