Limelight Forums

Full Version: [In Game] Suggestion: Creativity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good day community, this suggestion comes after I have returned to the community after a near 8 month break and its sole purpose is to prove why the new map choice is not for those that have elaborate roleplay Ideas.
        I will keep this as short as possible in explaining my reasoning and I encourage you to read the entire post and see as to why it is viable. I thank you in advance for your time.

My suggestion, is for In-game and is simply a map change. Now I know what you are thinking; 'another map change,' 'the server only just changed over,' rockford is best suited' and of course, in part, I agree. Rockford is suited best for new roleplay individuals, that have clear marked buildings and a simplistic city layout and in many ways, rockford is more realistic than Evocity, that was run previous. But this is my main arguement and the main reason as to my suggestion being posted. The city lacks a 'canvas.'
          What do I mean by this? All the buildings have a specific purpose. The town hall is the government seat. The police station is home to the Rockford Police department. The Fire station, Medical centre, Hospital, all home to government officials. Now you're going to argue that there are buildings in the city that dont revolve around the government. Of course, there is the Rockford Customs building, with a specific target for mechanics. The tow truck garage, which is best suited for a, (you guessed it,) tow truck or towing company. With most buildings already being mentioned, lets move onto the apartment buildings, cinema, tavern and supermarket. My list could go on, heading up to the extremely large homes, but I'll save the word count.

If I would recall correctly, Evocity, it had a 'canvas.' shelled out buildings, no internal furniture, giving players the complete ability to fill them out as they wish. There was no clear police station, so me and friend made one out of the old AMPM. There was a main high street, that was home to many a shop made by players, giving them the incentive to do passive roleplay. I spent 45 minutes, with the same friend, flying around on the new map, looking for inspiration. We settled on an attempt at creating a more secure Police Station, but coming round to securing the compound, were faced with the fact that all the doors were owned by the world, removing the ability for an individual to buy them and lock them. So we moved on, attempting to find a location to set up a small coffee shop, we came to the conclusion that the only viable option, was the small shop space on Main St. and the only reason that we didnt even begin to build is because, it is constantly in use. Being the only free space in the city that actually draws attraction, at least in Evocity, everyone spawned in view of all shops and had to drive past all player made structures to leave said city.
          My only compliment that rockford may deserve, is the vibrant colouring of the buildings.

My suggestion, is for a map change. But, it is not for the immediate reverting back to Evocity. I would love to see a similar map to rockford, but it needs the space for players to create. Without the ability to create, roleplay would not exist.

The only reason that I have posted this here is because map change suggestions are not welcome in the suggestion forums. I would encourage the community, if you agree with me, to request a map change.
-Support

Rockford is bae and I really like it
-Support
-support

Just be creative and it will work
Guys, this isn't in the suggestion sub forum, therefore it's just simply a discussion about the suggestion. In some ways, I do agree with you on this. Whenever I now go on the build server to make something, I simply can't, due to the lack of space, the akwardness of the small amount of space you have. I can understand that the buildings which all have specific roles, will get boring: for example the car dealership, I've never seen it be used.
-Support

You have multiple empty storefronts to use.
You have multiple empty warehouses to use.
You have a whole outdoors ready to be built on.
You have a literal ravine just waiting for stuff to start in it.

We have a clearly marked FD, PD, and Hospital so we always know where the center of those will be, instead of it being an Outpost at US 76 or a HQ near the Town Hall. It will always be in one spot, making it easier for players to coordinate.

You don't need a new map or a "canvas" to be creative, you need inspiration. And if a few buildings with signs on them is going to stop you from having that creative thought, I don't know what to tell you.
Even though this is not a suggestion it still goes

Quote:Suggestions not wanted:

-Changes to the Staff, procedure or in-game administration system.
We handpick our staff, and believe we have a fair system. If you have issues with a specific staff member, use the Admin Abuse subforum to write a report.

-Map changes
If we believe a map change is needed, a thread will be made.

-Scripts not optimised for the gamemode
The developers have a lot on their plate without needing to rewrite code!

-More servers
If we believe a new server is a viable option, a thread will be made.
-Support
Rochford is completely fine.
Even though this isn't a suggestion, LET'S POST WHAT SUGGESTIONS WE DON'T WANT!!

This is on a discussion thread, and neither of you have discussed the topic.

I personally think that the majority of the buildings are already catered for it's purpose, it takes the fun out of using any inspiration. The main attraction in the city, is the little shopfront next to the PD. 9/10 it's a gunstore. The map in my opinion had been poorly planned out.

A third of the map is covered in bad foundations for building (trees, un-even terrain).
The main buildings have already been set out for a specific role, for example the bank, hospital, tacobell, cinema, quarantine realty, and pacific bar.

Those listed buildings are a great opportunity for new RP's, but unfortunately the buildings has been furnished.
That eye-sore building supposedly a car show room, is over compensating in size, such a waste of prime space.
That's why it's a discussion about his suggestion. He has already stated this.
(Aug 25, 2017, 11:38 PM)MrBonbon Wrote: [ -> ]Even though this isn't a suggestion, LET'S POST WHAT SUGGESTIONS WE DON'T WANT!!

This is on a discussion thread, and neither of you have discussed the topic.

I personally think that the majority of the buildings are already catered for it's purpose, it takes the fun out of using any inspiration. The main attraction in the city, is the little shopfront next to the PD. 9/10 it's a gunstore. The map in my opinion had been poorly planned out.

Again, their are plenty of empty shops to choose from, only one of the storefronts is furnished, and that's the clothing storefront near Taco Bell

A third of the map is covered in bad foundations for building (trees, un-even terrain).
The main buildings have already been set out for a specific role, for example the bank, hospital, tacobell, cinema, quarantine realty, and pacific bar.

Not to mention the countless amounts of props you can use to make a foundation for a building and use your creativity to make (Which players have already started doing.  I believe made a little hideout in the Ravine which looked wonderful). 

Those listed buildings are a great opportunity for new RP's, but unfortunately the buildings has been furnished.  
That eye-sore building supposedly a car show room, is over compensating in size, such a waste of prime space.

It's a waste of prime space if you don't use your creativity to your advantage. That building can be used for mostly anything. Saying it won't work just means you're not willing to make it work.
We never seem to have any issues with making creative dupes on Rockford.
Thank you!!

Your post inspired me to use my creativity to my advantage!
I made a restaurant with 34 tables and 136 chairs Smile

[Image: toypnh0.jpg]
I can feel the creativity escaping my mind!
Such a vast amount of space RIPE FOR THE TAKING!!

This time I made a laundramat with 403 machines! Smile
If anyone is interested in the dupe, please PM me. 

[Image: iWd2wWh.jpg]
(Aug 26, 2017, 12:06 AM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]We never seem to have any issues with making creative dupes on Rockford
I can relate, my friend Smile
[Image: pIXNCO2.jpg]
After a few hours building I've come to realise Rockford is full of potential, and open for new opportunity!

[Image: 7JFeSRh.jpg] - support out of sausages
Pages: 1 2