Limelight Forums

Full Version: Player Report | Rydolph - RDM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of Player: Rydolph

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:38039917

Server: rockford_v2b

Time: 17:55 UTC +0 (18:55 BST)

Summary: I went AFK for a bit as I needed quickly do something in real life (which would take like two or three minutes, not worthy of moving to the AFK job) so I moved towards the bush. When I came back, I found myself dead and checked the DVR footage.

Upon checking the footage, I found out that I had been mugged, yet the mugger hadn't applied fearRP due to a lack of weapon being used and he was no threat to my safety. He gave me 10 seconds to give him some money whilst I wasn't under fearRP, then he took his knife out and backstabbed me for giving no money.

Furthermore, the footage shows that these guys had seen me AFK in the bush for nearly 60 seconds, which leads me to believe that their intention was to kill me all along whilst they thought they could get away with it.

Evidence: https://youtu.be/6w91iJjsI2c
Thank you for your player-report, Blazing.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, the accused player and witnesses may reply to this report.
Immediately before this you were cutting down trees next to me, so there's no way for me to know that you was AFK. That being said, it shouldn't really matter how long you were AFK for, switch your job.

Considering you were facing the opposite direction to me, under rp rules there would be know way for you to know that I would/wouldn't have a knife to your back; same applies to whether I have a pistol or not. So realistically, you would've been under fearrp, as would anyone else in real life after being told from behind that they were being mugged.

I had not "seen you AFK in a bush for nearly 60 seconds" - In your video you can see that I first noticed you at 0:29 and then actually mugged you at 0:50 which is 21 seconds (nowhere near "nearly 60 seconds"), plus the majority of those 21 seconds were spent with me making sure that there were no witnesses to see me mug you, because why would I stare at you for that long to just mug you.

Plus, you must've been AFK for much longer than "two or three minutes", considering you decided to speak to me about it hours later when I rejoined the server, instead of talking to me after those "two or three minutes".
(Aug 17, 2017, 11:03 PM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]Immediately before this you were cutting down trees next to me, so there's no way for me to know that you was AFK. That being said, it shouldn't really matter how long you were AFK for, switch your job.

Considering you were facing the opposite direction to me, under rp rules there would be know way for you to know that I would/wouldn't have a knife to your back; same applies to whether I have a pistol or not. So realistically, you would've been under fearrp, as would anyone else in real life after being told from behind that they were being mugged.

I had not "seen you AFK in a bush for nearly 60 seconds" - In your video you can see that I first noticed you at 0:29 and then actually mugged you at 0:50 which is 21 seconds (nowhere near "nearly 60 seconds"), plus the majority of those 21 seconds were spent with me making sure that there were no witnesses to see me mug you, because why would I stare at you for that long to just mug you.

Plus, you must've been AFK for much longer than "two or three minutes", considering you decided to speak to me about it hours later when I rejoined the server, instead of talking to me after those "two or three minutes".

I don't have to switch my job to go AFK for a temporary period, and you don't have the authority to tell me if I should do that or not either. Either way, that was just a bit of background behind the fact.

You're missing two major points here (as well as the fact that I wasn't facing the opposite direction to you, but rather facing in a direction where I had my back turned). First of all, a player report is out of character and the fact is that you didn't put me under fearRP whilst 'mugging' me so it wasn't a valid mug in the first place; if you want to talk about rules then you should learn what the rule of fearRP actually is. Secondly, this is a semi-serious server and in real life nobody would take you seriously if you were mugging without any kind of weapon (or gun, as Bambo confirmed here: https://i.imgur.com/0Dysm87.png).

Once again, the main point isn't that I was AFK whilst doing this. Even then, your assumption is completely nonsensical and wrong. I spoke to you hours afterwards because I went AFK for a longer period of time shortly after coming back, I needed time to review the footage so that I could find out what happened, and I wanted to ensure that you saw the player report after making it.

To me, it simply looks like you're fishing for excuses, going to extreme lengths and making wild theories to try to justify your actions which you know were wrong.
Approved.

1) That's not how FearRP works on the server. If there is no weapon, there is no FearRP. Even if he was not AFK and flat out refused to give you money because you didn't have a weapon in hand, killing him would still be RDM/FailRP.
2) A mugger's objective is getting the money, not murder. You could at least TRY to justify your kill by roleplaying that you were grabbing his wallet/watch/phone from him after you stab him but no, you just stabbed him and ran away.
3) Having someone who was staring in one direction and not moving keep staring in that same direction and not move as you approach them and talk to them is kind of a giveaway that they are AFK.