Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR: Foojile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Foojile

Ban ID: 5833

Banned by: [L²] Brynn

Server: v2b

Ban Reason: Bullying a player.

Why should you be unbanned?: Note, I am posting on Foojile's behalf because we are unaware if he has a forum account or not and double account ban or whatever you get the picture. Myself and several others were also speaking with Foojile when Leon began calling him and listened in on their conversation. Every word stated here has passed through his ears and he has given them the okay.

I would like to start off by saying that Toxic informed Foojile that Steam messages are not a reason to be banned from Limelight. I am, however, also aware that given certain circumstances exceptions to that will be made. The issue here is that Leon was also harassing Foojile by means of Steam's voice chat by calling him numerous times. Upon answering his calls, Leon informed Foojile that he was going to go yell at some admins about Foojile's whatever and because Foojile had called him. Surely you see the issue regarding this. If Leon believed Foojile was bullying/harassing him, he could have simply blocked him and sent the evidence to administrators. Instead, he decided to engage Foojile and threaten to report him and lied about Foojile having called him (I'm sure if a voice recording was sent the calling sound in the beginning will have been conveniently cut out.)

The issue here is that staff seems to have given Leon the role of server pet and as such he has been given an unfair advantage over the rest of the player base. When Leon goes around harassing every player he comes across with various out-of-character insults or just by screaming in their ears he earns himself a job at McDonalds. However whenever a player dares to say something in return they're met with warnings to cut it out because Leon is special (note, special as in unique not as in mentally challenged. I feel the need to specify this given the circumstances.)

But back on topic. Foojile should be unbanned because a permanent ban for engaging in a consensual conversation over a third-party platform wherein both parties "bully" each other is unwarranted. Leon elected to become friends on Steam with Foojile just as he elected to engage in conversation with him on numerous occasions. It was only after Leon having been banned that he felt retribution was necessary so he, I imagine given the threats he was making, doctored evidence to promote his false innocence and have Foojile unjustifiably banned.

Evidence: Logs from last night will show Foojile informing Toxic that Leon was harassing him over Steam. Somehow Foojile was stupid enough to close his steam chat as soon as Leon called him so that log is missing I guess I don't know.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, monk.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
For the record.

v2b [00:50:53] Foojile (STEAM_0:1:32272440) said: // toxic leon called me on steam and harassed me and threatened to report me
v2b [00:51:06] [L²:M][F.I] Toxic (STEAM_0:1:25930701) said: //i can't help you with steam, not my territory bud
v2b [00:51:36] Foojile (STEAM_0:1:32272440) said: // I just want to get a paper trail started just incase
Under review as the banning staff-member has resigned. Apologies about the delay this has caused.
Enzyme and me have reviewed the case and come to the following conclusion:

The reporter (Leon) has not taken the steps he could have taken to prevent the incident, namely, stopping the call, unfriending the reported (Foojile), and/or blocking him on steam.

Additionally, while we in no way condone the actions of Foojile, this incident is not related to LimeLight in any significant way, and so in this particular case we have decided that punishment is not appropriate.

Unban request approved, ban lifted and removed from record. Similar incidents will be judged on a case-by-case basis.