Limelight Forums

Full Version: [Request] Card Refund
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Posting this on behalf of an error that I made regarding which prize to claim

Selected the claim option for the Foil Rewards pack assuming that was to receive the limited edition vehicle only to find out that a new category called Complete Rewards Pack was added into this card event which was the one I apparently needed to claim from. 

Not sure why this new category was added due to the nature of Foil cards already being extremely hard to come by and how easy it is for someone to have a complete set of normal cards. 

Just hoping I can get my cards back because I didn't see any information on the F1 Card menu that explained that I needed to claim from the new category as previous card events dropped the rare prize from the Foil prize pool only and if I had know this I would've claimed the complete set as I have been continuously claiming the prizes for the normal sets..
Moved to correct subforum.

Do you have a screenshot or something to show that you claimed the Foil option?
Is there nothing that logs what is being taken out of my inventory? I wouldn't have taken a random screenshot of my console because I just assumed that I was one of the unluckiest people ever

Might have a ShadowPlay saved though, I'll have to check on my PC
Could you give an accurate-ish time of when you claimed the prize?

Nvm pretty sure I found it from your expression in OOC :3
Incorrect time given, but yeah you probably saw my rant in OOC lol
A dev will check to see if they can find the relevant log.
Alright much appreciated!
Thanks to for finding the log.

I've taken the outdoorsman you got from the rewards as well as 6x of normal cards (naturally 1 of each).

I'll have to refund you the i8 via a command in-game.
Been completed yesterday.

Closed and archived.