Limelight Forums

Full Version: [BETA Release] - Evocity Stock Exchange V2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: kRFGfuc.png]

Welcome to the Grand Opening of the EvoCity Stock Exchange V2.0!

Countless hours have been invested into this project and we are confident for it's release! Clans and organizations can now make an Initial Public Offering (Costing $5,000,000 in which they receive 100% of the shares) to gain capital for their business!

This vastly improves clan role play, allowing for market strategies, financial warfare, alliances and provides a balance for the rich and poor to make a decent amount of money!

To start, go to https://limelightgaming.net/ECSENE/ and login, from here you'll see the ticker tape, the market graph, recent news stories and your balance in the top right. The stock market works as a separate wallet therefore you need to deposit and withdraw money under the page "Portfolio" (Please note: when depositing this process could take up to five minutes from when the money is taken in-game!)

The stock market won't be regulated too much by admins, but by "EMIC: Evocity Monetary Investment Corporation", lead by me and Jono.

Stocks will also change prices based off of in-game events made public through the roleplay forum and a unique tracking system made by .

Please keep in mind this is in beta and will be actively worked upon.

The markets are open, have fun!

On top of this update we are proud to announce a money-pack sale!

[Image: q8YmLlB.png]

Credits: front end/back end developer | developing the unique tracking system (CAW) | for creating concept art for the market | for providing in-depth and detailed knowledge on how stock market's work.
But, but.. we are at rockford now.
(Aug 2, 2017, 10:51 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]But, but.. we are at rockford now.

Yeah this was brought up however due to the fact that Rockford is a farming based down we didn't exactly think it made sense.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this but I can't shake the feeling that this is a step backward rather than forward from the previous market.

A big issue with the prior was that the stock market needed to be updated manually and from what I can see here this will be plagued with a similar issue.
(Aug 2, 2017, 11:02 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this but I can't shake the feeling that this is a step backward rather than forward from the previous market.

A big issue with the prior was that the stock market needed to be updated manually and from what I can see here this will be plagued with a similar issue.

Don't know how much information I can go into this however after a week or two, the market will use the information gathered from CAW it's self to work out the changes.
With these 4 companies, how are the values being updated? They aren't clans so they aren't based on the CAW.
(Aug 2, 2017, 11:12 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]With these 4 companies, how are the values being updated? They aren't clans so they aren't based on the CAW.

The four default companies that aren't clans are based upon a RNG and random events that can occur.
Guessing that you'll need to join in-game for the money to transfer once you've deposited as with the inventory manager?
(Aug 2, 2017, 11:27 PM)evilmat360 Wrote: [ -> ]Guessing that you'll need to join in-game for the money to transfer once you've deposited as with the inventory manager?

Yeah, once I've fixed a few things for ECSE I'll create a script that allows offline transfer.
could you go in detail as to how this is different from the old one?
It's been 15 minutes and I still haven't gotten my deposit. Is there something wrong?

It took the money from me but it isn't showing in my ECSE account.
Great job but I have no Idea what is the idea of this or how this works.
Finally guys!!! This is the most fun way to gamble! (Especially compared to trading cards)
Good job everyone involved!
Splendid work Paul!
Honestly this is great!
Pages: 1 2