Limelight Forums

Full Version: what happened to when everyone had a base
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
couple years ago, being a criminal, or law enforcement was more exciting because people made bases to make money and having big shootouts was fun, but now the best way to make money is hitting a tree for an hour. Miss the old days!
is this a discussion or a rant
Discussion bud.
think people stopped basing because wood is easier and you wont get shot by 7 cops with shotgun&kevlar and like 5 swat with ceramic and assault rifles.
(Jul 30, 2017, 07:23 PM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]think people stopped basing because wood is easier and you wont get shot by 7 cops with shotgun&kevlar and like 5 swat with ceramic and assault rifles.
Although i agree here woodcutting in general can be dangerous too like a person who woodcuts has or will experience being mugged 1 - 2 times a day but still it's safer to woodcut.
(Jul 30, 2017, 08:39 PM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 30, 2017, 07:23 PM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]think people stopped basing because wood is easier and you wont get shot by 7 cops with shotgun&kevlar and like 5 swat with ceramic and assault rifles.
Although i agree here woodcutting in general can be dangerous too like a person who woodcuts has or will experience being mugged 1 - 2 times a day but still it's safer to woodcut.

1000$ and you can do /holster
aggressive rp gets you banned
The economy is broken and everything is unbalanced.
I don't know where you've been but there's still some basing every now and then. Could be a bit more of it but oh well.
I haven't been online much the last few days, but I can't really say I've been experiencing problems with no-one doing anything criminal. I guess they just have to get used to the new map.
Well, i am confused with this map. I tried to do PoliceRP and i didnt know the locations, lel. Well, nowdays most of the people prefer to cut wood. There are serveral reassons. First of all, people cant really base since if they get reported to the police or spotted they will die by 99% since there are always cops and they have kevlars, weapons, not just a pistol. People are afraid to do criminal activities since they lose their weapons, they dont make profit and you know, its not funny trying to make money and if you see cops you will know that your chances to win them will be like 1%. Wood cutting is way easier and they dont lose guns or something at all, they cant go in jail for it, all they can lose is money(in case they get mugged) but still, it is a way easier way to make money. Another major disadvantage for making money are the FPS. As far as i can see, this gamemode is not too well optimized which results in very low fps untill you have a beast PC(See, the map change didnt affect the fps). You cant really kill people with 10 and 12 fps.
I think they should buff the income from illicit activities like contraband as it may develop into more interesting criminal RP and will let the government factions have a lot more to do, not only take down the emerging gangs but naturally also develop into more RP factions like Drug Enforcement Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Central Intelligence Agency and so on.

Same for criminals as they will have to team up to stand a chance against the government. Cartels, Mafia's, Yakuza's, whatever else you can think of - will be more prominent and have more underground roleplay involved due to finally having a reason to do so.

But that's just like, my opinion man.
(Aug 3, 2017, 03:04 PM)GreekAssassin Wrote: [ -> ]this gamemode is not too well optimized which results in very low fps untill you have a beast PC

Doesn't matter if you're playing on a dusty old macintosh or the Sunway TaihuLight, you'll still get around 20-30 FPS, I spend decades serarching far and wide, even into old archived posts of a community that shall not be named to find an answer to my 20 FPS on a 9 year old game with my current-date computer which should run it perfectly fine.

It's not the gamemode which is at fault - entirely.The map is extremely poorly optimized compared to the more compact one's we've played earlier, might also be the script's fault as the other community has had the same issues there before, especially since the script has just been updated with a ton of new content, but don't quote me on that as I have no idea if it actually causes performance issues, you got to ask Doc or some other dev that's been working with that for those answers.

I fucking hope the dev's manage to fix the FPS issues though, I'd be willing to sell my left nut for that shit.
In my personal opinion, Rockford has little to no room for creativity, every building on the map seems to have a purpose and people cannot bring themselves to furnish a building that already has furniture.

You can read a post I map suggesting for a revert or map change, here:

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-16925.html

I explained my point a lot clearer than I have here.