Limelight Forums

Full Version: Steam problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks,

since today my steam is bugging around as hell. Every time I start my steam it works fine for like 10 seconds after I logged in and then it freezes and therefor I am not able to make anything. It was completely fine five hours before. I already re-installed steam.

Anyone got ideas or had the same problem?

Thanks in advance.
Had the same issue, just closed down steam in my task manager a couple of times and it worked out after like 3 times.
I had this issue, what fixed it for me and a bunch of other people was deleting the web browser cache.
(Steam - Settings - Web Browser - Delete Web Browser Cache)
(Jul 25, 2017, 12:23 AM)GRiiM Wrote: [ -> ]I had this issue, what fixed it for me was
Steam - Settings - Web Browser - Delete Web Browser Cache

Problem is that its really hard to go into the steam settings whilst steam is frozen.
I would like to add that Steam worked fine after I re-installed it but after I restarted steam the same problem came back as before.
If you click the steam menu no drop-down shows at all if you wait?
There are a few other possible fixes in this reddit thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/...e_both_of/

Although it does appear for most of them, that it will return if steam is restarted. It's down to valve fixing this at their end by the looks of it.
(Jul 25, 2017, 12:37 AM)GRiiM Wrote: [ -> ]If you click the steam menu no drop-down shows at all if you wait?

Steam is actually not frozen. The overlay is just REALLY slow. Its like having 1 fps but in the steam overlay.
If that is the case, your PC seems to be over working. There are multiple causes of your system being over worked, but in your case it sounds like a leak of some sort. Something may not be restricting the usage of your hardware, therefore over loading it. Which cause the 1fps? If you could, check you TM when you open Steam. If only lags in steam then what I said is false. As said, we can't do much about it, this sounds like a Valve situation.
Try deleting the file ClientRegistry.blob from your Steam file, found under Program Files (x86). I'm not sure if it persists through reinstalls or not, but worth a try.

Also, please check to see if there's anything which could be causing your components to overheat, such as faulty/non-functional fans, dust filters being packed, anything that could restrict airflow to your PC.
alot of people had slow and frozen steam yesterday, seems like steam had some problem.
(Jul 25, 2017, 08:56 AM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]Try deleting the file ClientRegistry.blob from your Steam file, found under Program Files (x86). I'm not sure if it persists through reinstalls or not, but worth a try.

Also, please check to see if there's anything which could be causing your components to overheat, such as faulty/non-functional fans, dust filters being packed, anything that could restrict airflow to your PC.

Na, my computer is fine. It's a steam problem. Many of my friends had the same issue yesterday. Just started steam right now and it seems working so I re-installed it for nothing c:

Gotta look if it keeps working.
Are you still receiving issues with this, ?
(Jul 27, 2017, 02:11 PM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]Are you still receiving issues with this, ?

I do not have any issues anymore. Thread can be closed  

Thanks for all the help!
Closed and Archived.

No problem. Enjoy your time on LimeLight.