Limelight Forums

Full Version: My game is broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I logged onto LimeLight today, when I spawned I realised all my money was gone and I had a $0 salary so when I went into the the f1 menu I couldn't click the jobs or my inventory tab.. and I realized anytime I clicked f1 it would say something is creating script errors... so my game is broke
I think its something with slow internet, mind doing a speed test and posting a result?
And try restarting the game and do what said. I'm having that error sometimes too, I just restart the game and it's fixed
That means your connection is slow, that happened to me before. You should wait for 3-4 minutes when you joined the game, try closing all the tabs before you join the server and as said please run a speed test and post us the results. Hope that will help you with solving the problem mate!
Waiting on a response. Please don't post unless you have something to contribute. Don't repeat something, as it is not needed. Thanks!
(Jul 14, 2017, 12:22 PM)TheDarkLord Wrote: [ -> ]That means your connection is slow, that happened to me before. You should wait for 3-4 minutes when you joined the game, try closing all the tabs before you join the server and as said please run a speed test and post us the results. Hope that will help you with solving the problem mate!
Browser tabs won't have a significant impact on browser performance.
Bacoon, assuming you've upgraded to Windows 10 you can see network usage in task manager
[Image: 7mbljIH.png]
I would say anything over 0.3 Mbps in that right-hand column would be significant enough to impact GMod and should be closed or paused.
If none of that helps then please post the script errors you're getting
I usually have about 10 chrome tabs open and still get decent fps for limelight, so thats not the issue.
Potentially addon's are corrupted somewhere, so best thing to do is fully unistall garry's mod then reinstall and see if the issue has fixed its self
(Jul 16, 2017, 06:16 PM)John(SMTL) Wrote: [ -> ]Potentially addon's are corrupted somewhere, so best thing to do is fully unistall garry's mod then reinstall and see if the issue has fixed its self

That wont help as the Addons are still on the Computer.

1. Unsubscribe from all addons.
Delete everything in the addons folder
 C:\ or D:\ steamapps\username\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons
or
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons
(Jul 16, 2017, 05:14 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 14, 2017, 12:22 PM)TheDarkLord Wrote: [ -> ]That means your connection is slow, that happened to me before. You should wait for 3-4 minutes when you joined the game, try closing all the tabs before you join the server and as said please run a speed test and post us the results. Hope that will help you with solving the problem mate!
Browser tabs won't have a significant impact on browser performance.
Bacoon, assuming you've upgraded to Windows 10 you can see network usage in task manager
[Image: 7mbljIH.png]
I would say anything over 0.3 Mbps in that right-hand column would be significant enough to impact GMod and should be closed or paused.
If none of that helps then please post the script errors you're getting

I would say having your browser open could affect your game and internet performance due to your browser often taking up a lot of RAM as seen on the picture. If the computer runs out of ram it becomes slower because Windows will start using virtual RAM from your storage device which is ALOT slower.

Also, it depends on how good internet you have when it comes to how much data other programs send. For me 0.3mb/s would be nothing but for some it may be causing your internet speed to slow down.

Is there anything else than the VGui that is laggy or do you experience any other lag?
(Jul 16, 2017, 07:45 PM)Jompe Wrote: [ -> ]I would say having your browser open could affect your game and internet performance due to your browser often taking up a lot of RAM as seen on the picture. If the computer runs out of ram it becomes slower because Windows will start using virtual RAM from your storage device which is ALOT slower.

RAM is not going to be a huge deal. GMod is 32-bit so it can't recognize more than 2/4GB of RAM.
If you have <= 6 GB RAM in your PC then that might be an issue but for most systems it should not be.
(Jul 17, 2017, 05:44 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 16, 2017, 07:45 PM)Jompe Wrote: [ -> ]I would say having your browser open could affect your game and internet performance due to your browser often taking up a lot of RAM as seen on the picture. If the computer runs out of ram it becomes slower because Windows will start using virtual RAM from your storage device which is ALOT slower.

RAM is not going to be a huge deal. GMod is 32-bit so it can't recognize more than 2/4GB of RAM.
If you have <= 6 GB RAM in your PC then that might be an issue but for most systems it should not be.

RAM could be a huge deal for GMod. Lets say your using more than 4GB of RAM of a total amount of 6GB of RAM. GMod only has 2GB to work off of. When using any visuals with GMod, RAM is used. It will store the data of the visual, until the visual is not needed.
(Jul 17, 2017, 06:25 AM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]RAM could be a huge deal for GMod. Lets say your using more than 4GB of RAM of a total amount of 6GB of RAM. GMod only has 2GB to work off of. When using any visuals with GMod, RAM is used. It will store the data of the visual, until the visual is not needed.

Yeah, that's why I said it would not be an issue unless you have <= 6 GB :P

I would consider that an edge case, modern machines should have a minimum of 8GB of RAM especially if you plan on playing games.
, Are you still having the issue? You have not commented in reply since the opening of the thread. Please, could you update us if the issue is still the same, different or gone?
It has been fixed
Pages: 1 2