Limelight Forums

Full Version: UCP Error Upon Ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Server [US/EU]: Web
Map: N/A
Description: When banned, the UCP shows an error message "Failed to serialize user into session" when attempting steam login.
Bug is [In-Game/On Forums/Other]: Forums.
Since when have you experienced the bug? Tested today.
Additional Information N/A
Images/Screenshots: [Image: 2e1fd435d7eaac792f7befbdb24f7a2f.png]
[Image: 2e1fd435d7eaac792f7befbdb24f7a2f.jpg]

https://gyazo.com/2e1fd435d7eaac792f7befbdb24f7a2f
Burnett Wrote:THE USER CONTROL PANEL

Key facts:

+ The UCP is restricted to users/staff of Limelight. Players that haven't played on the server yet, are not allowed to log in. A friendly notification is shown when attempted.

+ Banned players are not allowed to log-in. If a session exists, it'll be destroyed.

+ Two versions of the UCP are available:  
Thanks for your report. Actually, banned players may not use the UCP. The error message itself is wrong. Instead, it should display "You are banned".

Gonna fix this very soon.
Additional notes:

Once again, Thank you very much for this report
I knew that something wasn't quite right with that ban-checking-procedure, when I released the UCP back in 2016. Today I spent one hour just to perform some extensive tests. Shortly after fixing the error messages, I catched a critical bug. Some legitimate users with blank ban record were unable to log-in. This has been fixed. In addition, I also improved the ban-checking code.
Cool cool. Marking as fixed and archiving.