Limelight Forums

Full Version: Macca/ UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Macca

Ban ID: 5247

Banned by: [L²:M] Bambo

Server: v4b1

Ban Reason: Killing the president as SWAT. Was on last chance

Why should you be unbanned?: Prior to my permanent suspension I was given a ban and a last chance due to something that was out of my control as I never initiated the encounter, I was banned for 2 months without the accuser posting video evidence of context and my "involvement" in the altercation. Due to the person who submitted the ban request being favored by a group of staff I decided not to fight the ban and just take a break from the gamemode
Alas, a warning in which I took seriously and changed my behavior, questioning my actions before I took them by, using the /help command to make use of teachers or simply ignoring confrontation. 

On to the reason of my suspension. I can only apologize for allowing another person to play on the server on my behalf, me knowing or not. There really was no way I could have prevented it, me not even being near my PC at the time.

All I know of the altercation was that my brother was playing on my account at the time as SWAT, he unlocked his vehicle and somebody jumped into it and he asked him to get out with a weapon pointed at the man, instead of shooting which he was in his right to do so, he pursued the car, caught up with it and pointed the gun again and asked him exit the vehicle, he ignored and attempted to drive away and was killed. He had no idea whom was in the car as the person decided to break FearRP and ignore/evade him. Please if you think this is malicious and it could've been dealt with in another manner, do tell. Us players are not like the people who hold judgement over our decisions, we can not pick somebody up with out physgun and give them a punishment, the FearRP rule is there to protect both parties in situations like this yet I/he was punished for acting in the way everybody on the server who doesn't wear the [L²:M] / [L²] tags.  

I personally changed my behavior on the servers after receiving a final warning, played 4 months without causing any bother. 

I have changed in my personal life after a change of lifestyle in which LimeLight aided in, being able to be a new person everyday in an alternate world from a chef to a mob boss, my new path as an actor has required my to drop my attitude in person and online as it can bite me further on in life when taking on roles. I can say I have truly changed from the person I was last year when suspensions were handed out. 

So LimeLight, I am asking you for another chance on the servers and to be re-accepted into the community we all helped to build, a community I took for granted and have had to pay the price for that. 

Evidence:
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Macauley1999.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
I am afraid that our policy is that if it's your account; then it's your responsibility. The account was used for breaking the rules and said account was punished for that.

[My two cents on the matter]
Hello Macca,

I have some points to bring up when comparing with your previous UBR, https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-15034.html

"On to the reason of my suspension. I can only apologize for allowing another person to play on the server on my behalf, me knowing or not. There really was no way I could have prevented it, me not even being near my PC at the time."

While you said that, the situation that happened in-game and admitted in the UBR was different.

Quoting my post from that UBR,

"3- When I told "him" that he sounded like you meaning, Macca, you came and started using the mic in a short amount of time."

Your response:

"when i found out he was getting took into an admin sit i went straight to the computer and of course we are going to sound alike after all we are twins and share the same pc as his name in steam is declan and mine is macca and if u would like photo evidence of this i could provide you a pic of this you might of heard ooo it was my brother alot but that dosent mean that other people who are telling the truth should get the same treatment as them all im saying i am really sorry for what he has done and fair enough if u dont want to unban me but all i am saying since my last ban was my last chance i have been following the rules and not had any other bans since then and i have donated alot cause i knew i wasnt gonna get myself banned !"

So you were able to prevent it, and also you were near your computer.
No my brother shouted me and said an admin has took me just because i came to the computer in a short amount of time dosent mean anything and yeah our voices sounded the same big deal we are brothers ?? even though i have done bad in the past why cant i have a second chance in redeeming myself and showing the community that im here to roleplay and not minge and break rules ive had a good 3 months away from the server i think that is enough time to have thought through and read the rules over and have a fresh start its abit unfair if you dont give me a chance to redeem myself and prove it towards you
and how am i supposed to prevent someone going onto my pc whilst im not around murder them so they cant its abit hard if its a shared pc ?? and i cant exactly say oh dont go on there which i have done but my brother wouldnt listen ,what am i supposed to say .. like you havent really asked any questions
It's not our concern how or if you decide to protect your account against unauthorized use. You could do this by having separate user-accounts on the PC, or by you logging out of your Steam-account when you're not using it. As I've said already: we've punished the account that was used for breaking a rule.

You also need to understand that we've heard this excuse quite a few guys, and that we can't take your story as the truth.
so because other people have uses a so called 'excuse' i cant be trusted , this isnt my pc i use my brothers pc so i cant exactly go on a different account because i use his steam and games so why should i have to protect my account from my family its just stupid if you think about it and even if the account has broke a rule i dont see why u cant forgive it as it has been 3 months ?
It doesn't matter if the steam-account belongs to him or you. We've banned the steam-account involved in breaking the rules. It doesn't matter if only one of you use that account or GMOD or if both use it. If that account is involved in a rule breakage then that account will be banned.

If you were afraid he'd come on GMOD to mess up your stuff, then you could have gotten a separate Steam-account and requested everything to be transferred. That is however a bit too late now though.
Concluding the UBR with denial due to following reasons;

Showing no interest in continuing the UBR.
Not providing a reason for the ban to be raised.
Denied.