Limelight Forums

Full Version: AA: [L²] Daley and [L²:M] Bambo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: [C3] Sourlemon

SteamID: [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]STEAM_0:1:34190735
[/font]

Time/Date: Right now, 8 July.

Name of Administrator: [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif][L²] Daley and [L²:M] Bambo[/font]

Evidence: Rule broken was rule 6.7:[font=Lato, sans-serif] You may get up to rooftops if you have a valid RP reason to do so. You may only use the ladder tool to reach rooftops  [/font]and the act must be roleplayed out (no magic ladders out of nowhere mid-raid, for example). You may build on rooftops, [font=Lato, sans-serif]however defensive fortifications or contraband are not allowed. [/font]

[font=Lato, sans-serif][Image: J8ibCYR.jpg][/font]

[Image: Ub4r4cE.png]
[Image: ozKp0dV.png]

[Image: dvNqOC3.jpg]

[Image: 2UXVJUL.jpg]
Here is the rest of the screenshots with short descriptions 
https://imgur.com/a/fy6Yn
That particular roof never counted as a "roof" even before the revised rule. Nobody was ever punished for building on it even when all building was disallowed. (Part of penthouse).

Also, those are a few barrels and a billboard.

Also there is no evidence of bambo being involved at all, or owning any of those props. My bad here, missed last screenshot. Previous argument still stands.
roof

noun
the structure forming the upper covering of a building or vehicle.

You can't say it isn't a roof, unless of course you are still in the first grade, also one of the screenshots show bambo had props on the roof as well. Paticularly the first one.

They were using the objects as a fortification, as shown in the screenshots, to take cover from police officers shooting at them, I think that would qualify as a fortification, as they served no other purpose on that roof other then cover from bullets.
I strongly suggest you change your tone.

By your "definition", the penthouse part that is outside the door is also the upper covering of the building and would also be considered a roof, but it's not.

A parked car can be used as a structure to hide behind but that doesn't instantly make it a strategically placed defensive fortification.
Yes, but they spawned in the props there are were using them as a fortification, they served no other purpose, unless you can tell me why they need a stack of tires and a bunch of barrels on the roof of a building Wink Also the portion that is connected to the penthouse would be considered a balcony, the part they were on was the roof of the next building.
I'll leave it at that it was always allowed to build and climb up to that particular roof even when the rule read:

6.7 Do not try to get on to rooftops; do not build on them either.
If you would have taken a look at the rest of the apartment, it was all decorated. Those props where not there for the soul purpose of fortification, and even if they where, as Overlewd mentioned, building on that roof has been allowed in the past, prior to the rooftop rule being added.
(Jul 8, 2017, 09:06 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]If you would have taken a look at the rest of the apartment, it was all decorated. Those proper where not there for the soul purpose of fortification, and even if they where, as Overlewd mentioned, building on that roof has been allowed in the past, prior to the rooftop rule being added.

Ok so you agree its a roof, thanks. Also i have no idea what purpose a bunch of barrels and tires are doing on a roof, just doesn't make sense to me. You have like a mechanic shop on the roof?????????????
Building on that particular rooftop has been allowed for over 6 years, with zero restrictions besides normal base rules in that time, im not exactly seeing the issue here as the policy change in question was to enable the building on rooftops that require a custom ladder or elevator to gain access to, not a prebuilt area of the map you can simply walk to
Rules do not state that any rooftops are excluded, it plainly states rooftops, so if that's the case the rules so be amended to state that exception.
I don't really see what the issue is here. Even a player wouldn't be punished for this.

'Rules do not state that any rooftops are excluded, it plainly states rooftops'

Umm, actually as you yourself posted:

"You may only use the ladder tool to reach rooftops and the act must be roleplayed out (no magic ladders out of nowhere mid-raid, for example)."

This platform does not require a ladder at all, you can walk up to it without any need for props.

Again, I don't understand what the issue is here. If they had made a fort on the rooftop above that area, then we'd have a case. But where they were is a publicly accessible area. I just had a @ call yesterday for someone roleplaying in that same spot, I gave him permission to use the roof above to aid in his roleplay as long as he didn't shoot anyone up there. None of us were concerned with the area below, which you are making a case over.
Concluded.

I will not be taking this AA any further, as I do not see enough rule breakage to have to talk to the administrators in question. If you look at the rules, it'd be classed as a roof. But after years on years its been a grey area and hasn't been clarified whether you're allowed on that roof top. I do not see enough to punish these administrators. This will be brought up in the staff area and we will get this grey area concluded.

Many thanks,

Brynn.