Limelight Forums

Full Version: Game Crashes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yo, now happened twice today, I connect to server, load in, get the F1 Welcome Menu, game says HL2.exe has stopped responding, then crashes. 2nd time I connect it doesn't crash? wtf Big Grin
Do you have your model quality set to high?
When you open the F1 Menu check task manager sometimes it has a little leak and copy and pastes itself and causes the game to crash.
When you open your Gmod open your task manager and go to processes. Make sure awesomium_process.exe isn't taking a lot of resources when out of a map. If it seems normal, go ahead and join the server, if you have another monitor watch the task manager as you open the F1. If it overloads your resources and doesn't give hl2.exe enough resources to run, it will crash. Also can we know your CPU.
Steam > Library > RightClick on GMOD > Properties > Betas > dev - Development Branch
(Jul 4, 2017, 12:17 AM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]When you open your Gmod open your task manager and go to processes. Make sure awesomium_process.exe isn't taking a lot of resources when out of a map. If it seems normal, go ahead and join the server, if you have another monitor watch the task manager as you open the F1. If it overloads your resources and doesn't give hl2.exe enough resources to run, it will crash. Also can we know your CPU.

Intel Core i7 4790 
(Jul 4, 2017, 12:50 AM)Kahjo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 4, 2017, 12:17 AM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]When you open your Gmod open your task manager and go to processes. Make sure awesomium_process.exe isn't taking a lot of resources when out of a map. If it seems normal, go ahead and join the server, if you have another monitor watch the task manager as you open the F1. If it overloads your resources and doesn't give hl2.exe enough resources to run, it will crash. Also can we know your CPU.

Intel Core i7 4790 

Do this before you join the server!!!!

Place these 2 cfg files in your garrysmod/cfg folder:

mcore_on.cfg
mcore_off.cfg

Then to enable multicore rendering, just type "exec mcore_on.cfg" in console.
To turn it off (for whatever reason) put in "exec mcore_off.cfg".

Obviously if everything works for you, and there is no crashes, you're going to want to enable multicore rendering everytime GMod starts up. To do this, go into your autoexec.cfg (also located in garrysmod/cfg) and put in there exec mcore_on.cfg
Please keep us up to date if this is the same.
Has it continued to crash?
Its not been crashing at all anymore, restarted pc
Issue has been resolved. Thread archived.