Limelight Forums

Full Version: Input Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Description: What basically happens is that at random times while driving a car at Limelight my input freezes and I cannot control my car. I was in the beginning believing that this was a clientsided or a keyboard issue but have now started wondering if it could be a serversided issue due to what happens in the Youtube video below. What happens in the video below is that my input first freezes and when I then have crashed, the car starts driving by itself in circles. The issue have made me crash my car multiple times and I have also heard someone else saying that they lost control over their car in a similar way.
I don't have anything that could help in resolving the issue but if someone else have experienced the same thing we may be able to gather sufficient information to resolve it.

Bug is [In-Game/On Forums/Other]: In-game

Since when have you experienced the bug? A week or two maybe.

Additional Information: Only happens in vehicles and on Garry's Mod.

Images/Screenshots: 
Thank you for your bug-report, Jompe!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
Can confirm. But my input has never frozen like yours, when I crash my vehicle sometimes the car will move in a continuous circle. I don't think the circle thing is anything to do with input, but maybe broken physics. I'm not 100% sure. Do you play your game in windowed or fullscreen? This is for your input freezing.
Fullscreen
This is very interesting. I will do some testing to try and replicate what happened. I play on windowed mode and sometimes the game will stop accepting input until I click on it again.
I can't seem to recreate this. After thinking about this, I might have come to a solution for the circle. As you know the tire angle is saved when you exit a vehicle. If you try and turn to avoid a crash, but you still crash, the wheel will lock in place and cause the vehicle to go in a circle. Your situation is different, there is definitely an input bug in your situation. As when I have this happen to me(circle), the car did eventually stop. Yours didn't, showing 0 signs of slowing down. It is interesting that your vehicle did continue to accelerate even after the car crashed. Some may think that the car wheels would get straight in the situation of accelerating. Not necessarily, the wheels are just what they are, locked. The wheel lock script is designed to lock the wheel's angle. That is also why you see a constant speed, the car is accelerating, why it doesn't decrease, and the wheels are also locked, preventing the car from straightening; therefore, preventing the car from speeding up. 

In the video, I did not see you turn before the crash, can you confirm? Also could not replicate without turning before the crash.

The input bug was probably temporary. Causes: Tabbed out, popup(background), or something that put another program before gmod.
I was trying to turn when my input froze but as you can see nothing happened until the car crashed where the wheels locked in the direction I was trying to turn. I don't think it's due to me tabbing out or another program because this have happened many times before and the input comes back after some seconds without clicking, etc.
(Jul 5, 2017, 10:48 AM)Jompe Wrote: [ -> ]I was trying to turn when my input froze but as you can see nothing happened until the car crashed where the wheels locked in the direction I was trying to turn. I don't think it's due to me tabbing out or another program because this have happened many times before and the input comes back after some seconds without clicking, etc.

Does this ever happen when your not in a vehicle? How often does this happen?
It only happens when playing Garry's Mod and when inside a vehicle.
I think this has been fixed? Atleast there haven't been any messages about that this has happened
Unable to reproduce.