Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR: Quantum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of Player: L2:RP Quantum

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:56347744

Server: Evocity V33X I think

Time: (In UTC+0) yesterday, around 20:00 :?

Summary: I pulled him over, as he was speeding. Then he decided to drive off, I had my gun already out of my holster so I steadied my aim and aimed for his tires. He kept driving (whilst usually that falls under Fearrp I believe). After that, in the end, he also kills me, and u can see it on the video, he wanted to drive off (there were standing officers with shotguns) U can see that the officers shot him, and he continued driving. Then a admin picks him up, and he "Timed out". Coincidence.

Evidence: https://youtu.be/H0Oy7GdYwF4
Thank you for your player-report, Ping-Hotel.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, the accused player and witnesses may reply to this report.
Alright, hey there! I apologize for any inconvenience that had caused you to feel the need to post this PR, however, I will explain my side of the story.

I'd just like to state, for the record, my job was set to Mentally Unstable Maniac during all of this.

So, essentially what happened is that this was like the 4th time you pulled me over. And during the time right before that, you told me if you stopped me one more time, I would get arrested. And obviously, me being a dumb ass driver fucks up, and here you roll up. I had recognized your car and remembered what you had said to me about one more time or else getting arrested, so I was only pulling over so I could buy time to drive off.

As for FearRP, to be honest I did not see the Glock in your hand. Due to the fact that you had a shotgun, and it was still on your back, it was sort of like a mental click that you were unarmed. So when you stepped over to my side and asked me to step out, I drove off. Now, I believe after firing your weapon, FearRP goes out the window. FearRP is about fearing for your life, and then when you decided to shoot at me, that put my life in danger. There was no reason I had to stop.

And I don't see why it is a problem that I shot at you. I'm a mentally unstable maniac who's just been shot by a police officer.  I retaliated and shot you back. And when I drove off, the road was pretty clear. The only problem was that there was your car and some spikestrips, and as soon as I went through your car, this Ford Explorer comes around the corner and rams me head on. Right at that point my game just froze, and then crashed.

Your first instinct was also to shoot at me. You broke 12.12b by shooting at me, even though I wasn't "armed and dangerous" (at the time), and all I did was drive away from a traffic stop. You gave me a reason to shoot back by firing your weapon at me initially. You claim you "aimed" for my tires but the video shows otherwise, it shows you just 
pointed the gun towards the back of my car and instantly started shooting. You were nowhere near the tires. 

12.12b - You can shoot at fleeing vehicles only if the drivers are armed and dangerous or if they are clearly a threat to citizen/officers with the way
they are driving.
(Jun 30, 2017, 04:38 PM)Quantum Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, hey there! I apologize for any inconvenience that had caused you to feel the need to post this PR, however, I will explain my side of the story.

I'd just like to state, for the record, my job was set to Mentally Unstable Maniac during all of this.

So, essentially what happened is that this was like the 4th time you pulled me over. And during the time right before that, you told me if you stopped me one more time, I would get arrested. And obviously, me being a dumb ass driver fucks up, and here you roll up. I had recognized your car and remembered what you had said to me about one more time or else getting arrested, so I was only pulling over so I could buy time to drive off.

As for FearRP, to be honest I did not see the Glock in your hand. Due to the fact that you had a shotgun, and it was still on your back, it was sort of like a mental click that you were unarmed. So when you stepped over to my side and asked me to step out, I drove off. Now, I believe after firing your weapon, FearRP goes out the window. FearRP is about fearing for your life, and then when you decided to shoot at me, that put my life in danger. There was no reason I had to stop.

And I don't see why it is a problem that I shot at you. I'm a mentally unstable maniac who's just been shot by a police officer.  I retaliated and shot you back. And when I drove off, the road was pretty clear. The only problem was that there was your car and some spikestrips, and as soon as I went through your car, this Ford Explorer comes around the corner and rams me head on. Right at that point my game just froze, and then crashed.

Your first instinct was also to shoot at me. You broke 12.12b by shooting at me, even though I wasn't "armed and dangerous" (at the time), and all I did was drive away from a traffic stop. You gave me a reason to shoot back by firing your weapon at me initially. You claim you "aimed" for my tires but the video shows otherwise, it shows you just 
pointed the gun towards the back of my car and instantly started shooting. You were nowhere near the tires. 

12.12b - You can shoot at fleeing vehicles only if the drivers are armed and dangerous or if they are clearly a threat to citizen/officers with the way
they are driving.

12.12B Doesn't count, as you were clearly a threat to citizens the way you were driving,  thats why I called for wreckless driving aswell.

Secondly, we cannot confirm that your game had crashed or not. I just feel you broke fearrp.
(Jun 30, 2017, 04:44 PM)Ping-Hotel Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 30, 2017, 04:38 PM)Quantum Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, hey there! I apologize for any inconvenience that had caused you to feel the need to post this PR, however, I will explain my side of the story.

they are driving.

12.12B Doesn't count, as you were clearly a threat to citizens the way you were driving,  thats why I called for wreckless driving aswell.

Secondly, we cannot confirm that your game had crashed or not. I just feel you broke fearrp.

There were no citizens, and the fact that I pulled over just makes it that I'm less of a threat. If you were a police officer in real life, and you pulled over a vehicle, and right after you got out the driver drove off, would your first instinct be to shoot at the car and the driver? No, it wouldn't. This would mean that every single time a pursuit happens, the cops would always always be allowed to shoot the fleeing vehicle because technically "they're driving recklessly" and they can just say "he was reckless and endangering civilians". There were no civilians at the scene. Industrial was empty. But your first instinct was to shoot which is in my opinion FailRP.

And you can confirm that my game crashed. I had timed out. I had also consulted Sours about this situation regarding firing shots and FearRP, and this is what he had to say:

[L²:RP][F.I] Lieutenant Sours: Once someone has stated they are going to shoot, execute or kill you - FearRP is off. Once the action has commenced, FearRP is then off. If it was a Warning Shot, for to say, shooting upwards into the sky, FearRP is still ON. If he was purposely indending to shoot you to disable you or the vehicle, technically yes. FearRP should be off.

I know he is not an admin, however, he is a server teacher. I'm sure we can take his word for it.
I shot on the tires to disable your vehicle, so fearrp was off, but I shot as you were endangering citizens before.
The video doesn't make it look like you went to shoot for my tires. It looks like you just frantically shot at my vehicle in an attempt to kill me.

I don't believe that is valid, shooting me for "endangering citizens before". I had pulled over for you 3 times before, and taken the fine. I wasn't endangering anyone because all these traffic stops were outside the city (where it is almost empty), not inside. There was no one who was actively in danger yet you still proceeded to shoot as a first instinct.
I just remembered that I recorded my point of view - but I was using Shadowplay, and due to the fact that my game crashed at the end, all the gameplay is black, and the only thing recorded is audio. It did, however, capture the game crash thing, and I can upload it (a screenshot of the game crash pop up, or the entire video) if requested.
Approved

Closing Notes: Although not seeing the weapon is understandable, you have to be aware of your surroundings at all times. The only thing wrong you did in this scenario was break Fearp. The reasoning for shooting back is fine and the reasoning for the officer to fire on you when you drive off is valid as once you begin to evade officers, you are considered a threat to pedestrians, other drivers, and officers in your pursuit.

Player will be issued a 1 Day Suspension.