Limelight Forums

Full Version: Changes to Moderator System!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Moderator System Revamp 

Hello community!

I'm writing this post to announce some changes that we've now made to the Moderator system.

Earlier this year, we asked you; the community for feedback. One of the complaints were that we didn't have enough staff-members online on our servers. You said that our admins were not active enough and that we need to promote more moderators. 
We've made some changes to our system which allows us to take in more staff-members as well as dealing with inactivity within the team. This change won't really affect you the public too much but there's no harm in explaining these changes to you.

The changes

Moderator Stage 1 has had their ban cap increased to 1 week and a maximum blacklist time of 8 hours. This is the same cap that the previous Moderator Stage 2 had. 
Moderator Stage 2 are not limited when it comes to ban and blacklist length. They have the same access, powers and tools as administrators, but their admin-powers are only ingame and not on the forum. They have access to all the admin-related features ingame.

Previously, we've been limited by how many staff-members we can take in because too many chefs in the kitchen can make a big mess. We've avoided taking in too many staff-members because of the delays that this would cause on the forum in votes, discussions etc. With this new system, admins will have to remain a lot more active on the forum and take a more active part in the discussions behind the curtains, otherwise they will lose their forum-access to sensitive topics. This allows us to clear up that spot and give it to someone else who'd be more qualified. 

So to put it simply, here are the different roles in the team explained in a nice and orderly fashion: 

Role restrictions and descriptions

Moderator Stage 1 are staff in training. They're learning how to administrate the server, read and handle situations. Their only task is to administrate the servers and all of their responsibilities are ingame. 
Blacklist cap: 8 hours
Bantime cap: 7 days
Ingame and TS symbol: [Image: af0ee9367f7fee5ea6463e9af46da913.png]

Moderator Stage 2 are staff who've completed their training and who are handed all the tools they need to keep the servers clean without the need of assistance from admins in order to handle situations. Their only task is to administrate the servers and all of their responsibilities are ingame.
Blacklist cap: Unlimited
Bantime cap: Unlimited
Tools and powers: Similar to Administrators
Ingame and TS symbol: [Image: 2998e5c647ba5bc39c739f02e7eea479.png]

Administrators are experienced staff-members with a vast knowledge of the server and everything concerning it. These staff-members are trusted with access to classified and sensitive topics. They are expected to actively engage in internal discussions and other topics. Their tasks are to administrate the servers as well as actively taking part in discussions and votes on the forum. 
Blacklist cap: Unlimited
Bantime cap: Unlimited
Admins are expected to actively take part in the Admin forum. Failure to do this despite several warnings over a bigger period of time will loose their access to Admin forums and discussions. They will keep the same powers ingame (granted they are active ingame). 

This update will hopefully make it easier for us to deal with inactivity as well as promoting more people without making it a logistical nightmare. There are more details regarding this change that will remain internal for now. 

I apologize if this seems a bit confusing. I've tried to write it out in a easy way for you guys to understand. Hopefully you guys will start seeing the effects of this program soon. 

Have a nice evening, everyone.
Seems good to me.
ok cool boss
This was probably needed.
Sexy I like it
#BamboForAdmin
IT: I like the changes... I never understood why mods can't increase your prop limit or place emitters. Mods are usually the most active staff members.
So, I take it this is going to take immediate effect on all current inactive staff?
(Jun 29, 2017, 07:37 AM)Rizion Wrote: [ -> ]#BamboForAdmin
IT: I like the changes... I never understood why mods can't increase your prop limit or place emitters. Mods are usually the most active staff members.

until they get promoted to admin
It is important for a community to have a strong, fast and effective leader or body of leaders who can make the best decisions as quickly as possible to lay the cobblestones of the path of progress. Hopefully this will allow that to happen.

Or, you know, the smaller administration becomes more elitist and overconfident, leading to laziness and as it shrinks it becomes harder and harder to let members go, while the pool of new candidates for administrator runs dry. Instead of having a larger team of some inactive administrators you end up with a smaller team of entirely inactive administrators. Perhaps the smaller decision making team will provide an easy breeding ground for a narrative of corruption. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

While you still technically have exactly the same power as you did before, it will be easier to make your voice heard and have a larger share of the vote in a smaller administration team. The position will also become a lot more prestigious perhaps than it was previously. Those who will be remaining administrator, don't let any of that go to your head.

These changes, while they might seem small really have the potential to make or break limelight. It's about time thinks started building up steam, now development can go right ahead with less hindrance a larger and more divided administration team brought.

Good luck boys. (and girl(s) if any join the team in future)

Oh also, this is killing me:

[Image: e12ab0afddea1f0fb83354172998ca17.png]

[Image: ff49bcdbb75c767436aeab411016259b.png]
Looks great!
Sounds good! Smile
So do moderators stage 2 get veteran?
The fact that the staff team decided to listen to the community and come with improvements is what makes me the happiest with this change. The actual change to the system is a plus according to myself.

Easiest way to explain my thoughts, in short: Good job! :D
I'm definitely agreeing to what Insert said here about being happy that staff members have been listening to the voice of the community regarding staff imput and what needed to be changed. 

Obviously, the in-take of moderators has been proving to be positive and the problems that started to arise during the hours at night as well as those that happened when no (visible) staff members were online have started to decrease. Though, they still continue to exist. It'll be something you can't ever completely wipe out from the community, sadly enough, so a continuous improvement on the staff members and in-take on moderators is required.

Great step forward with these improvements in the staff team and kudos to those who have been helping to get these updates pushed through. Smile
(Jun 29, 2017, 06:38 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]So do moderators stage 2 get veteran?

Stage 2 can get a veteran-tag, yes.
Pages: 1 2