Limelight Forums

Full Version: ZooM's Unban Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ban ID: 5614

Banned by: [L²]Soviethooves

Server: v4b1

Reason: Staff Harassment

Evidence: https://youtu.be/4N6tKPHOPcU

Why should you be unbanned?:

Alright, I don't really know where to start, but I let me start from the absolute beginning.

I detained a citizen who was ramming another citizen's car. I held a gun to his head because I was an FBI Agent, which means that I was not a cop or swat, so I did not have handcuffs or any kind of tool to stop him if he were to run. So I kept holding my gun to his head and was about to contact the police. Right before I was about to call a police officer, I saw a police car driving towards me. So I quickly turned to him and ran to him (Soviethooves were the officer). Sadly, I forgot to lower my weapon, but I had an FBI badge in my hand ready to show. While I was running towards him, I told him that I was an FBI agent and that I had detained a citizen. He then tazed me instantly so I fell to the ground. Once I got up, I explained everything to him. That I was an FBI agent and that my intention was never to point a gun at him. The officer then started to write a warrant while I was trying to talk to him. I told him what the detained citizen did and why I felt that I needed to detain him. The officer said "You were pointing a gun at an unarmed citizen". I responded with "Yes I know, but that was the only way I could have detained him". The officer didn't care about anything I said before he was about to arrest me, I asked if I could talk to the president about this (I did have a government pass, I talked to the president and I paid him for it). The officer did not care about anything I said, so he quickly hit me with the arrest tool and I went to jail. In jail, I asked if he could do that in OOC, and I talked about what happened (I know it was wrong, but I felt like I had been treated unfairly). Soviethooves warned me about talking in OOC, and because I knew it was wrong, I stopped. So instead, I PM'ed him to talk about the RP situation. I felt safe doing this because he is an admin and he should be able to explain why he did what he did and why it was right to do so. Instead, he warns me in PM to not talk about it, and that made me think that he maybe knew that he did wrong (I am not saying that he did wrong, just keep on reading). I decided to become an anarchist and roleplay as that instead (I did not intend to revenge or do anything like that). Once I spawned, I saw the same officer (Soviethooves) tazing an unarmed citizen. I quickly ran up to him to ask why he did that. He literally did the same thing that I did. Of course, he didn't want to talk about that so he simply tazed me and issued me an arrest warrant. So here I am in jail again. In jail, I wrote to admins that I wanted to talk to them about this. Because Soviethooves did the exact same thing that I did, and he wasn't corrupt. No admins responded. I served my jail time and got out of jail. 

I stepped back a bit, but I still asked him if we could talk about the situtation. And then he actually agreed, so I became happy for a second. He grabbed me with his physic gun and freezed me in mid air. He told Toxic to follow him. Right when I thought that we were going to talk about it, he started screaming very loudly to me. He said that he wanted to ban me. He didn't say that he would, because he hadn't found a reason to do so yet.  He went over the RP and told me that the guy he tazed were "dangerous to police officers". The citizen was literally driving his truck and he probably weren't "dangerous to police officers". I think that he came up with that because he wanted to justify his actions. Once he said that I felt that there is nothing I could do because another admin (Toxic) was also up there. So I knew that if two admins are against me, there is probably nothing I can do. So I stopped complaining. Soviethooves continued to scream to me (Which isn't very appropriate in an admin situation). He said that he were going to ban me for "harassment". The word harassment is being defined as "The offense of using threatening or abusive or insulting words within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be harassed. I personally think that what I did isn't anything that was mentioned in the definition. However, Soviethooves actually harassed me during the admin sit (1:58 in the video), which I really don't find appropriate. In an admin sit, an admin should discuss about what the rulebreaker did and why it is wrong, potenitally about a ban. I don't find insulting me or screaming very aggresive to me appropiate in an admin sit. Now, I did not record the whole conversation, but Soviethooves were even more aggresive at the start. I'd also like to add that when I said "I am gathering evidence", I meant that I was recording it all to try to prove that I didn't do anything wrong and that you did the same thing as I did. Not to make an "admin abuse" report on you. I didn't realize until half the admin sit had passed that I hadn't been recording anything at all. That's why I don't have the whole scenario.

After this, I got permabanned. I would like the SA's to review this very carefully.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, ZooM.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Due to an error on my part, I edited your whole report. I will reverse it right now.
Restored it. Sorry if the layout isn't exactly right. (I honestly though I pressed Quote)
(Jun 26, 2017, 09:41 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]Ban ID: 5614

Banned by: [L²]Soviethooves

Alright, I don't really know where to start, but I let me start from the absolute beginning.

I detained a citizen who was ramming another citizen's car. I held a gun to his head because I was an FBI Agent, which means that I was not a cop or swat, so I did not have handcuffs or any kind of tool to stop him if he were to run. So I kept holding my gun to his head and was about to contact the police. Right before I was about to call a police officer, I saw a police car driving towards me. So I quickly turned to him and ran to him (Soviethooves were the officer). Sadly, I forgot to lower my weapon, but I had an FBI badge in my hand ready to show. While I was running towards him, I told him that I was an FBI agent and that I had detained a citizen. He then tazed me instantly so I fell to the ground. Once I got up, I explained everything to him. That I was an FBI agent and that my intention was never to point a gun at him. The officer then started to write a warrant while I was trying to talk to him. I told him what the detained citizen did and why I felt that I needed to detain him. The officer said "You were pointing a gun at an unarmed citizen". I responded with "Yes I know, but that was the only way I could have detained him". The officer didn't care about anything I said before he was about to arrest me, I asked if I could talk to the president about this (I did have a government pass, I talked to the president and I paid him for it). The officer did not care about anything I said, so he quickly hit me with the arrest tool and I went to jail. In jail, I asked if he could do that in OOC, and I talked about what happened (I know it was wrong, but I felt like I had been treated unfairly). Soviethooves warned me about talking in OOC, and because I knew it was wrong, I stopped. 

Alright, so you were tased for this reason: I responded to what I saw was the FBI Agent openly swinging his weapon in front of unarmed citizens at AMPM. (Note: This wasn't the first time he was called for having a weapon openly pointing it around. We got a call a few minutes prior about an man in a suit open carrying his weapon before we found out he was FBI.) I responded with my lights on to make my presence known and pulled up behind the agent and the unarmed suspects. Once I pulled my weapon out, the agent swung his weapon in my face, causing me to scream for him to "put it on the ground" (Or something similar). Once he complied, he was tased and placed in handcuffs to detain the trained shooter without a hassle. By now, backup had arrived (Believed it was Doctor Internet) and was helping me detain the other suspects plus the agent. Once he was up, I warranted him, waited a little bit for a possible extension before I gave up on waiting and arrested him with the warrant he had. During the wait time, you kept stating a TV Show/Movie and how that was an excuse for your actions, stating something like "[Title of Show] depicts FBI very realistically".

So instead, I PM'ed him to talk about the RP situation. I felt safe doing this because he is an admin and he should be able to explain why he did what he did and why it was right to do so. Instead, he warns me in PM to not talk about it, and that made me think that he maybe knew that he did wrong (I am not saying that he did wrong, just keep on reading).

Very, very wrong. You contacted me via PM (Logs are below in "Logs") to which you asked what you should've done in that scenario. Instead of trying a second time to explain this to you, I decided to not waste my breath and tell you that you were warned in OOC and that I'm not going to try to to teach you something you won't listen to (As during your detainment at AMPM I did attempt to tell you what you did wrong but you refused to listen. Why teach someone something they don't wish to listen to?)

I decided to become an anarchist and roleplay as that instead (I did not intend to revenge or do anything like that). Once I spawned, I saw the same officer (Soviethooves) tazing an unarmed citizen. I quickly ran up to him to ask why he did that. He literally did the same thing that I did. Of course, he didn't want to talk about that so he simply tazed me and issued me an arrest warrant. So here I am in jail again. In jail, I wrote to admins that I wanted to talk to them about this. Because Soviethooves did the exact same thing that I did, and he wasn't corrupt. No admins responded. I served my jail time and got out of jail. 

Again, missing a lot of context. You arrived to a police investigation where 2 unarmed, but dangerous men were being placed under arrest. When my suspect exited his RV, he was tased and handcuffed (Like in your scenario). Now the difference from me doing that compared to what you were doing was you were aiming a lethal weapon at unarmed suspects. I was using a non-lethal projectile to knockout a known dangerous suspect (Previously reported to be assaulting officers with his RV) down to detain him without trouble. When you approached, you got right next to me (Mind you again, in the middle of a police investigation) and decided to rabble on about the previous situation I told you NOT to talk to me about. At this point in these sequence of events, I was losing my patience with you. You were told to back up, which you did the first time. Then you stepped closer once again, so you were arrested for "Disturbing a police investigation" (Or similar). 

Also, I just noticed your @ Call. I actually didn't notice it, but it proves your hostility towards me and is another piece of proof that you were trying to get to me:

v4b1
[20:45:51]
✔️ ZooM csgowitch.com
(STEAM_0:1:84841559)
said: @ I need an admin to talk to (Not soviethooves). Soviethooves is acting really really bad. You maybe saw my text in OOC.

I ran back to Soviethooves to talk about it. I wanted to know why he did the exact same thing as I did without even being corrupt. He said in a very angry tone "GET BACK!".

Again, disturbing a police investigation. Literally doing the same thing I just arrested you for. At this point I believe I was not alone and there were other officers on scene. If you were there, you can post what you saw yourselves.

I stepped back a bit, but I still asked him if we could talk about the situtation. And then he actually agreed, so I became happy for a second. He grabbed me with his physic gun and freezed me in mid air. He told Toxic to follow him. Right when I thought that we were going to talk about it, he started screaming very loudly to me. He said that he wanted to ban me. He didn't say that he would, because he hadn't found a reason to do so yet. 

So, again I brought Toxic as a witness to the whole scenario as he was on scene to most of the situations we were involved in with you. I started screaming at you as I was at the end of my rope and you really struck a nerve by pushing this situation after I:

-Warned you OOC to knock it off
-Warned you in PM
-Blocked you in PM

Also, you never asked to talk. I actually can't find a logged account of you saying anything close to that to me in LOOC. The only thing you did say during our final IC confrontation was: 

v4b1
[20:46:42]
✔️ ZooM csgowitch.com
said: .// haha I am getting evidence

After you were tazed by me.

One more note for this area, I wasn't thinking of permanently suspending you until I saw your record (Which is what you see me doing between Evidence Video Time: 0.09 - 0.39). Your record was actually passed its 10th ban, so seeing as you don't wish to learn from your mistakes and continue to break our rules matched with this, you were permanently suspended.

He went over the RP and told me that the guy he tazed were "dangerous to police officers". The citizen was literally driving his truck and he probably weren't "dangerous to police officers". I think that he came up with that because he wanted to justify his actions. 

Already stated this explanation 2 statements above this one.

Once he said that I felt that there is nothing I could do because another admin (Toxic) was also up there. So I knew that if two admins are against me, there is probably nothing I can do. So I stopped complaining. Soviethooves continued to scream to me (Which isn't very appropriate in an admin situation). He said that he were going to ban me for "harassment". The word harassment is being defined as "The offense of using threatening or abusive or insulting words within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be harassed. I personally think that what I did isn't anything that was mentioned in the definition. However, Soviethooves actually harassed me during the admin sit (1:58 in the video), which I really don't find appropriate. In an admin sit, an admin should discuss about what the rulebreaker did and why it is wrong, potenitally about a ban. I don't find insulting me or screaming very aggresive to me appropiate in an admin sit. Now, I did not record the whole conversation, but Soviethooves were even more aggresive at the start.

Toxic was their (A Moderator by the way. Not an Administrator.) again as a witness. Now the screaming and aggressive tone I had I will apologize for. Usually I refrain from those actions and I will take full responsibility for that. Now, at 1:58 I can understand how that sounded like an insult and I want to make this clear: It wasn't meant to sound like one. You weren't responding as fast as I hoped, so due to your suspensions, I assumed you had experience in the area. If you took it offensively, then I apologize.

On another note, my definition of harassment in this scenario was you repeatedly trying to get a rise out of me everytime I did something that made me look like I was contradicting myself just to get you suspended. You have to understand, if you did something stupid (For example) and someone bombards you by bringing up your stupid action over, and over, and over, and over again even after cutting all communication with him, it will start to feel like harassment. After a discussion with Toxic about it (As I wanted to make sure I wasn't going over my head) I decided to suspend you for it.

I'd also like to add that when I said "I am gathering evidence", I meant that I was recording it all to try to prove that I didn't do anything wrong and that you did the same thing as I did. Not to make an "admin abuse" report on you. I didn't realize until half the admin sit had passed that I hadn't been recording anything at all. That's why I don't have the whole scenario.

Choose your words carefully as from what you said in LOOC, it sounded like you thought finding me and messing with me was a big joke and ruining my fun limited time on the server was the highlight of your day.

After this, I got permabanned. I would like the SA's to review this very carefully.

Actually, the staff member giving the punishment reviews and concludes these, but I would like to see other staff members respond with their opinions once this gets a response from you. It will be an internal discussion, but rest assured it will be a fair discussion.
(Jun 26, 2017, 11:59 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 26, 2017, 09:41 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]Ban ID: 5614

Banned by: [L²]Soviethooves

I detained a citizen who was ramming another citizen's car. I held a gun to his head because I was an FBI Agent, which means that I was not a cop or swat, so I did not have handcuffs or any kind of tool to stop him if he were to run. So I kept holding my gun to his head and was about to contact the police. Right before I was about to call a police officer, I saw a police car driving towards me. So I quickly turned to him and ran to him (Soviethooves were the officer). Sadly, I forgot to lower my weapon, but I had an FBI badge in my hand ready to show. While I was running towards him, I told him that I was an FBI agent and that I had detained a citizen. He then tazed me instantly so I fell to the ground. Once I got up, I explained everything to him. That I was an FBI agent and that my intention was never to point a gun at him. The officer then started to write a warrant while I was trying to talk to him. I told him what the detained citizen did and why I felt that I needed to detain him. The officer said "You were pointing a gun at an unarmed citizen". I responded with "Yes I know, but that was the only way I could have detained him". The officer didn't care about anything I said before he was about to arrest me, I asked if I could talk to the president about this (I did have a government pass, I talked to the president and I paid him for it). The officer did not care about anything I said, so he quickly hit me with the arrest tool and I went to jail. In jail, I asked if he could do that in OOC, and I talked about what happened (I know it was wrong, but I felt like I had been treated unfairly). Soviethooves warned me about talking in OOC, and because I knew it was wrong, I stopped. 

Alright, so you were tased for this reason: I responded to what I saw was the FBI Agent openly swinging his weapon in front of unarmed citizens at AMPM. (Note: This wasn't the first time he was called for having a weapon openly pointing it around. We got a call a few minutes prior about an man in a suit open carrying his weapon before we found out he was FBI.) I responded with my lights on to make my presence known and pulled up behind the agent and the unarmed suspects. Once I pulled my weapon out, the agent swung his weapon in my face, causing me to scream for him to "put it on the ground" (Or something similar). Once he complied, he was tased and placed in handcuffs to detain the trained shooter without a hassle. By now, backup had arrived (Believed it was Doctor Internet) and was helping me detain the other suspects plus the agent. Once he was up, I warranted him, waited a little bit for a possible extension before I gave up on waiting and arrested him with the warrant he had. During the wait time, you kept stating a TV Show/Movie and how that was an excuse for your actions, stating something like "[Title of Show] depicts FBI very realistically".

So instead, I PM'ed him to talk about the RP situation. I felt safe doing this because he is an admin and he should be able to explain why he did what he did and why it was right to do so. Instead, he warns me in PM to not talk about it, and that made me think that he maybe knew that he did wrong (I am not saying that he did wrong, just keep on reading).

Very, very wrong. You contacted me via PM (Logs are below in "Logs") to which you asked what you should've done in that scenario. Instead of trying a second time to explain this to you, I decided to not waste my breath and tell you that you were warned in OOC and that I'm not going to try to to teach you something you won't listen to (As during your detainment at AMPM I did attempt to tell you what you did wrong but you refused to listen. Why teach someone something they don't wish to listen to?)

I decided to become an anarchist and roleplay as that instead (I did not intend to revenge or do anything like that). Once I spawned, I saw the same officer (Soviethooves) tazing an unarmed citizen. I quickly ran up to him to ask why he did that. He literally did the same thing that I did. Of course, he didn't want to talk about that so he simply tazed me and issued me an arrest warrant. So here I am in jail again. In jail, I wrote to admins that I wanted to talk to them about this. Because Soviethooves did the exact same thing that I did, and he wasn't corrupt. No admins responded. I served my jail time and got out of jail. 

Again, missing a lot of context. You arrived to a police investigation where 2 unarmed, but dangerous men were being placed under arrest. When my suspect exited his RV, he was tased and handcuffed (Like in your scenario). Now the difference from me doing that compared to what you were doing was you were aiming a lethal weapon at unarmed suspects. I was using a non-lethal projectile to knockout a known dangerous suspect (Previously reported to be assaulting officers with his RV) down to detain him without trouble. When you approached, you got right next to me (Mind you again, in the middle of a police investigation) and decided to rabble on about the previous situation I told you NOT to talk to me about. At this point in these sequence of events, I was losing my patience with you. You were told to back up, which you did the first time. Then you stepped closer once again, so you were arrested for "Disturbing a police investigation" (Or similar). 

Also, I just noticed your @ Call. I actually didn't notice it, but it proves your hostility towards me and is another piece of proof that you were trying to get to me:

v4b1
[20:45:51]
✔️ ZooM csgowitch.com
said: @ I need an admin to talk to (Not soviethooves). Soviethooves is acting really really bad. You maybe saw my text in OOC.

I ran back to Soviethooves to talk about it. I wanted to know why he did the exact same thing as I did without even being corrupt. He said in a very angry tone "GET BACK!".

Again, disturbing a police investigation. Literally doing the same thing I just arrested you for. At this point I believe I was not alone and there were other officers on scene. If you were there, you can post what you saw yourselves.

I stepped back a bit, but I still asked him if we could talk about the situtation. And then he actually agreed, so I became happy for a second. He grabbed me with his physic gun and freezed me in mid air. He told Toxic to follow him. Right when I thought that we were going to talk about it, he started screaming very loudly to me. He said that he wanted to ban me. He didn't say that he would, because he hadn't found a reason to do so yet. 

So, again I brought Toxic as a witness to the whole scenario as he was on scene to most of the situations we were involved in with you. I started screaming at you as I was at the end of my rope and you really struck a nerve by pushing this situation after I:

-Warned you OOC to knock it off
-Warned you in PM
-Blocked you in PM

Also, you never asked to talk. I actually can't find a logged account of you saying anything close to that to me in LOOC. The only thing you did say during our final IC confrontation was: 

v4b1
[20:46:42]
✔️ ZooM csgowitch.com
said: .// haha I am getting evidence

After you were tazed by me.

One more note for this area, I wasn't thinking of permanently suspending you until I saw your record (Which is what you see me doing between Evidence Video Time: 0.09 - 0.39). Your record was actually passed its 10th ban, so seeing as you don't wish to learn from your mistakes and continue to break our rules matched with this, you were permanently suspended.

He went over the RP and told me that the guy he tazed were "dangerous to police officers". The citizen was literally driving his truck and he probably weren't "dangerous to police officers". I think that he came up with that because he wanted to justify his actions. 

Already stated this explanation 2 statements above this one.

Once he said that I felt that there is nothing I could do because another admin (Toxic) was also up there. So I knew that if two admins are against me, there is probably nothing I can do. So I stopped complaining. Soviethooves continued to scream to me (Which isn't very appropriate in an admin situation). He said that he were going to ban me for "harassment". The word harassment is being defined as "The offense of using threatening or abusive or insulting words within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be harassed. I personally think that what I did isn't anything that was mentioned in the definition. However, Soviethooves actually harassed me during the admin sit (1:58 in the video), which I really don't find appropriate. In an admin sit, an admin should discuss about what the rulebreaker did and why it is wrong, potenitally about a ban. I don't find insulting me or screaming very aggresive to me appropiate in an admin sit. Now, I did not record the whole conversation, but Soviethooves were even more aggresive at the start.

Toxic was their (A Moderator by the way. Not an Administrator.) again as a witness. Now the screaming and aggressive tone I had I will apologize for. Usually I refrain from those actions and I will take full responsibility for that. Now, at 1:58 I can understand how that sounded like an insult and I want to make this clear: It wasn't meant to sound like one. You weren't responding as fast as I hoped, so due to your suspensions, I assumed you had experience in the area. If you took it offensively, then I apologize.

On another note, my definition of harassment in this scenario was you repeatedly trying to get a rise out of me everytime I did something that made me look like I was contradicting myself just to get you suspended. You have to understand, if you did something stupid (For example) and someone bombards you by bringing up your stupid action over, and over, and over, and over again even after cutting all communication with him, it will start to feel like harassment. After a discussion with Toxic about it (As I wanted to make sure I wasn't going over my head) I decided to suspend you for it.

I'd also like to add that when I said "I am gathering evidence", I meant that I was recording it all to try to prove that I didn't do anything wrong and that you did the same thing as I did. Not to make an "admin abuse" report on you. I didn't realize until half the admin sit had passed that I hadn't been recording anything at all. That's why I don't have the whole scenario.

Choose your words carefully as from what you said in LOOC, it sounded like you thought finding me and messing with me was a big joke and ruining my fun limited time on the server was the highlight of your day.

Actually, the staff member giving the punishment reviews and concludes these, but I would like to see other staff members respond with their opinions once this gets a response from you. It will be an internal discussion, but rest assured it will be a fair discussion.

Not really much else to say, but I would like to point out that after my 9th ban, I did decide to entirely stop breaking any rules. As I got banned for "harassing", when I didn't really "harass", I would consider this as not breaking the rules. I might have made you mad, but I never intended to do so. You were ignoring me all the time so I wanted to talk to you face to face about it, that's why I ran up to you. I did contact other admins (It was pointless I know) but I really only wanted to speak to you about the situation, to learn anything from you if I really did something wrong.

I believe that it was your anger that made me get permabanned, and I understand that. But now when you are most likely chilled down, I would like you to rethink a bit.
This is what I'm willing to offer.

Your ban will be not be permanent, but this is your 11th ban and under my discretion do not believe a player past 10 should even be on our servers. Not to mention you are known for your hostility and argumentative attitude towards our players and staff.

It will be brought down to a month suspension, but this will be your last chance. Do you understand?
I accept the offer.

Thanks.
Closed
We're having trouble editing your ban. Apologies for the delay.