Limelight Forums

Full Version: Marvin Hampton Unban request.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: 

Ban ID:

Banned by: [L²] Soviethooves:
Server: Evocity Limelight. 

Ban Reason: 

FailRP (Joining PD right after being arrested for Corrupt PD RP (Also immediately unarrested friend as PD without any RP attempted) | Multiple Team killing without RP attempted w/ team

Why should you be unbanned?: 

Voidus and I were roleplaying as corrupt police, we were doing this with Zoom who seemed fine with the roleplay taking place, to cut a long story short we had him cuffed at the back of lake threatening him demanding he pay us whatever he felt his life was worth. When he said he needed his phone to connect to online banking we both knew he would contact the police, however, I decided the roleplay might be fun, so when he did just that,  we shot him leaving him injured so there was a chance of survival to continue RP. When the Captin (Docter internet) and a fellow officer (Fira) found them we went back to where they were.

This meant they were witnesses to our crime, our corruption, our murder. Now, of course, we weren't going to let these witnesses stitch us up, so we killed them, well tried to. We killed the Captin but the other officer got out alive and called SWAT to the now gun fight. When the VP came we all put our guns down, what followed was a long drawn out debate on the side of the lake to which they decided to arrest me and Voidus, without any court case or explanation from us. 

When in Jail we discussed what would follow, We would rejoin the force and slowly take down each member who put us there. The VP, The Captin, officers and so on. The first step was going to be me breaking Voidus out of jail once I got onto the force. Silly me forgot that it told everyone in chat that I broke him out. So, the Captain Demoted me, quite rightly. 

- Multiple team killings without RP reason -

There was an RP reason stated above.

- FailRP -

I do admit it isn't likely that I would be hired after such an incident, however, due to my already corrupt actions it isn't impossible that I would have found myself back in uniform after that. 

- Breaking my friend out of Jail -

Doing this is doggy, however, was roleplayed. Equally, there was a roleplay reason. 

Evidence:
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Marvin Hampton.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Evidence of the breakout being within RP.

"My friend I am gonna break you out of here ok?"

https://plays.tv/video/59484497560aa6dd65/sneaky
(Jun 19, 2017, 11:32 PM)Marvin Hampton Wrote: [ -> ]Your Name: 

Ban ID:

Banned by: [L²] Soviethooves:
Server: Evocity Limelight. 

Ban Reason: 

FailRP (Joining PD right after being arrested for Corrupt PD RP (Also immediately unarrested friend as PD without any RP attempted) | Multiple Team killing without RP attempted w/ team

Why should you be unbanned?: 

Voidus and I were roleplaying as corrupt police, we were doing this with Zoom who seemed fine with the roleplay taking place, to cut a long story short we had him cuffed at the back of lake threatening him demanding he pay us whatever he felt his life was worth. When he said he needed his phone to connect to online banking we both knew he would contact the police, however, I decided the roleplay might be fun, so when he did just that,  we shot him leaving him injured so there was a chance of survival to continue RP. When the Captin (Docter internet) and a fellow officer (Fira) found them we went back to where they were.

This meant they were witnesses to our crime, our corruption, our murder. Now, of course, we weren't going to let these witnesses stitch us up, so we killed them, well tried to. We killed the Captin but the other officer got out alive and called SWAT to the now gun fight. When the VP came we all put our guns down, what followed was a long drawn out debate on the side of the lake to which they decided to arrest me and Voidus, without any court case or explanation from us. 

When in Jail we discussed what would follow, We would rejoin the force and slowly take down each member who put us there. The VP, The Captin, officers and so on. The first step was going to be me breaking Voidus out of jail once I got onto the force. Silly me forgot that it told everyone in chat that I broke him out. So, the Captain Demoted me, quite rightly. 

"Multiple Team killing without RP attempted" is actually what it states. You had a reason, but did not RP it properly. Instead of doing something to fit the situation like drowning them or bringing them somewhere else to hide their bodies, you simply said something along the lines of "Well, we can't have witnesses" and began firing.

12.7 Police/SWAT may be corrupt, but only if it does not directly endanger the lives of officers or civilians.

- FailRP -

I do admit it isn't likely that I would be hired after such an incident, however, due to my already corrupt actions it isn't impossible that I would have found myself back in uniform after that. 

You immediately joined the same PD ran by the men who were completely against you. I find it hard to believe you would've stayed any longer on PD than you were if you didn't break your friend out immediately after spawning.

2.5 Do not do unrealistic things out of context (FailRP). This includes things such as anti-gravity bathtubs, unrealistic car colours, watermelon fights, etc. when there is no specific roleplay in which they would make sense (i.e. game shows or science roleplays). 

Doing this is doggy, however, was roleplayed. Equally, there was a roleplay reason. 

The evidence quite frankly is short atm as to the situation you were in (If there is a longer piece of the video, please upload it). From an ex-teacher and an experienced player I expected a bit of RP from your side. When releasing him I was expecting a fake transport of a suspect or an elaborate scheme otherwise to deal with his escape, but it was sadly just *wack*. 

As the evidence stands, this is how I see it:

2.6 Powergaming is not allowed (i.e. do not do "/me snaps the man’s neck, killing him" or similar). 

Evidence:

If you two could also share your side of the story to assist in this appeal's conclusion please do so soon. To avoid any feelings of bias judgement, these players are my friends, but that will not effect my judgement. Both parties' sides will be reviewed.

"Multiple Team killing without RP attempted" is actually what it states. You had a reason, but did not RP it properly. Instead of doing something to fit the situation like drowning them or bringing them somewhere else to hide their bodies, you simply said something along the lines of "Well, we can't have witnesses" and began firing.

[font=Lato, sans-serif]12.7 Police/SWAT may be corrupt, but only if it does not directly endanger the lives of officers or civilians.
[/font]

[font=Lato, sans-serif]I did make some attempt at stopping them from attending to the body by stating on the radio that I alone would go deal with the body however on arrival they were already there about to call more people to the crime which would have been fatal. [/font]

- FailRP -

You immediately joined the same PD ran by the men who were completely against you. I find it hard to believe you would've stayed any longer on PD than you were if you didn't break your friend out immediately after spawning.

[i][font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif][font=Lato, sans-serif]I have stated that I joined PD to directly take down these people. I would have, my plan was to create confusion in the force and make the Captin look like a terrible leader to which I would contact the president and have him demoted I would do the same with the VP.  You will struggle to find a time where I don't take on matters like this using PassiveRP to achieve my goal (Apart from today... xD ) What I was doing was well within the realms of the real world. [/font][/i][/font]

[font=Lato, sans-serif]2.5 Do not do unrealistic things out of context (FailRP). This includes things such as anti-gravity bathtubs, unrealistic car colours, watermelon fights, etc. when there is no specific roleplay in which they would make sense (i.e. game shows or science roleplays). 
[/font]

The evidence quite frankly is short atm as to the situation you were in (If there is a longer piece of the video, please upload it). From an ex-teacher and an experienced player I expected a bit of RP from your side. When releasing him I was expecting a fake transport of a suspect or an elaborate scheme otherwise to deal with his escape, but it was sadly just *wack*. 

[i][font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif][font=Lato, sans-serif]I admit there could have been more roleplay in terms of the actual breakout. But I do not feel what I did was power gaming. [/font]

[/i]As the evidence stands, this is how I see it:

2.6 Powergaming is not allowed (i.e. do not do "/me snaps the man’s neck, killing him" or similar). [/font]
(Jun 20, 2017, 12:24 AM)Marvin Hampton Wrote: [ -> ]- Multiple team killings without RP reason -

[font=Lato, sans-serif]12.7 Police/SWAT may be corrupt, but only if it does not directly endanger the lives of officers or civilians.
[/font]

[font=Lato, sans-serif]I did make some attempt at stopping them from attending to the body by stating on the radio that I alone would go deal with the body however on arrival they were already there about to call more people to the crime which would have been fatal. 

[font=Comic Sans MS]We made an EMS call, not a backup call. You hadn't said you'd deal with the body, as we were already on scene.
[/font]
[/font]

- FailRP -

[i][font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif][font=Lato, sans-serif]I have stated that I joined PD to directly take down these people. I would have, my plan was to create confusion in the force and make the Captin look like a terrible leader to which I would contact the president and have him demoted I would do the same with the VP.  You will struggle to find a time where I don't take on matters like this using PassiveRP to achieve my goal (Apart from today... xD ) What I was doing was well within the realms of the real world. 

[font=Comic Sans MS]You joined the PD to unarrest your friend. As a man with a criminal record, for corruption in the force, there is no way that you'd have been hired after that.
[/font]
[/font]
[/i][/font]

[font=Lato, sans-serif]2.5 Do not do unrealistic things out of context (FailRP). This includes things such as anti-gravity bathtubs, unrealistic car colours, watermelon fights, etc. when there is no specific roleplay in which they would make sense (i.e. game shows or science roleplays). 
[/font]

[i][font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif][font=Lato, sans-serif]I admit there could have been more roleplay in terms of the actual breakout. But I do not feel what I did was power gaming. 

[font=Comic Sans MS]You joined the force, and first thing you did was break your friend out of jail. Even if you don't believe it was powergaming, it seems like it, from my perspective, and the perspective of the other units in TeamSpeak at the time.
[/font]
[/font]

[/i]As the evidence stands, this is how I see it:

2.6 Powergaming is not allowed (i.e. do not do "/me snaps the man’s neck, killing him" or similar). [/font]
"We made an EMS call, not a backup call. You hadn't said you'd deal with the body, as we were already on scene."

We were already on route to the lake before the ems call as the VP stated someone should check it out .

https://plays.tv/video/594911e795259e305...-the-scene-
You can see that I did attempt to stop others from going to the Crime.
Any chance of the entire video, from the killing to the banning? Might make it a bit easier for the rest of us.
(Jun 20, 2017, 05:30 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of the entire video, from the killing to the banning? Might make it a bit easier for the rest of us.

The whole video will be required, yes. 

Please upload within 24 hours.
I believe this is all I have recorded.

https://plays.tv/video/59498724c4eeb2c11c/the-shooting
(Jun 20, 2017, 10:43 PM)Marvin Hampton Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this is all I have recorded.

https://plays.tv/video/59498724c4eeb2c11c/the-shooting

Excellent. I will review this and conclude it tomorrow.
Just reviewed the footage. I require the evidence after those actions. The situations involving the teamkilling and the full part of switching jobs back to police and breaking your friend out.
(Jun 21, 2017, 05:21 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Just reviewed the footage. I require the evidence after those actions. The situations involving the teamkilling and the full part of switching jobs back to police and breaking your friend out.
If either of you have the full uncut footage of the situations after the footage already given by Marvin, please post it within 24 hours.
Denied

Closing Notes: Required more uncut evidence to complete investigation. Players didn't wish to respond with whether they had it or not.