Limelight Forums

Full Version: What happened to rockford?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 2c3dd466fc919e81c6c6673e293e7ab0.jpg]

[Image: 7af98504ab20bf89bd2ea26cfb06025b.png]

2 years and still nothing?
This is infact incorrect, at the time of the video rockford was released on a server hosted in California, USA. However this server was since deemed as not profitable and therefore was shut down - hence why the rockford map is no longer in use.
(Jun 19, 2017, 06:22 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]This is infact incorrect, at the time of the video rockford was released on a server hosted in California, USA. However this server was since deemed as not profitable and therefore was shut down - hence why the rockford map is no longer in use.

Oh okay. But is the map Rockford coming to the EU server?
(Jun 19, 2017, 06:23 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 19, 2017, 06:22 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]This is infact incorrect, at the time of the video rockford was released on a server hosted in California, USA. However this server was since deemed as not profitable and therefore was shut down - hence why the rockford map is no longer in use.

Oh okay. But is the map Rockford coming to the EU server?

Yes it is!

Gotta get that $$$
(Jun 19, 2017, 09:00 PM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]

Gotta get that $$$

It more the fact that the server would peak at 3-5 players daily. People just liked to stick with evocity for some reason.
(Jun 19, 2017, 09:30 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]

Gotta get that $$$

It more the fact that the server would peak at 3-5 players daily. People just liked to stick with evocity for some reason.
It was the fact, that european players had a +300 Ping and American players did not want to play on an empty server.
The development/staff team will announce more information as soon as and when it becomes available.
(Jun 19, 2017, 09:50 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]The development/staff team will announce more information as soon as and when it becomes available.

I'm watching Announcements everyday, waiting da Rockford post ;D
I'm waiting for the Impala Sad

Gotta get that $$$

I'm aware, I just found your phrasing weird.
It is assumed to be from the Map Change voting, but it will take time if it does happen. Internal Discussions prove the biggest problem is possible loss of playerbase. I can't give details atm, but I can say that it is being regularly discussed and hopefully coming to a conclusion soon.

(I want me a US Rockford first. Yall can have Dark RP maps Wink)
pls downtown minecraft edition

Gotta get that $$$

Early on, there was a group of EU players who threw a fit that the US server had a better map, (this was done in an attempt to jump start the US server) and refused to play it. Even still, the US server was gaining ground, with 10-20 active US players on in the (US) evenings. Then the problems began- Map improvements to Rockford came out, but it was decided to keep the server map on the outdated, no longer available version, which meant people had to go out of their way to download the map. This chased away most of the new players the server had gained, and left a small group of dedicated US players, most of whom were around before the US server came out. In addition, some fancy gamemode updates weren't being implemented on the US server, only the EU server. While the gamemode was identical, it was impossible to access them on the US server. This also drove people away from Rockford. By the time these problems were both taken care of, it was too late. Existing players didn't want to bother playing on the "dead" server, and the new players the server had originally brought in had long since been chased away.
(Jun 20, 2017, 12:05 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]It is assumed to be from the Map Change voting, but it will take time if it does happen. Internal Discussions prove the biggest problem is possible loss of playerbase. I can't give details atm, but I can say that it is being regularly discussed and hopefully coming to a conclusion soon.

(I want me a US Rockford first. Yall can have Dark RP maps Wink)
Do you know how many players already left Limelight because you didn't change from EvoCity to Rockford? 
Most often that are the high-hour players who are experienced and push RP to a new level. You have to risk something - if you loose players you can still change back in hours. 
*smh*
Pages: 1 2