Limelight Forums

Full Version: I am banned from main server, but why can't I join the build server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, I am banned from the main RP server. In the meantime, I would like to build some stuff that I can use once I get unbanned (3h). I tried to join the build server and it says I was banned.

Why is this?
It is because the ban applies to all servers.
(Jun 19, 2017, 04:45 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]It is because the ban applies to all servers.

That doesn't make sense. If you are breaking rules while roleplaying, why would that apply to the build server? It's not like you roleplay there...
Rules can be broken in the build server also.  The rules aren't just about RP. Otherwise someone could load up the build server and shoot up everything and one in sight.

It is very simple.  When a ban or blacklist is issued, it applies to GMod. Any LimeLight provided service in GMod.
Then why does it ask for which server you got banned on in the appeal template?
(Jun 19, 2017, 05:33 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]Rules can be broken in the build server also.  The rules aren't just about RP. Otherwise someone could load up the build server and shoot up everything and one in sight.

It is very simple.  When a ban or blacklist is issued, it applies to GMod. Any LimeLight provided service in GMod.

You have god mode in the build server.
I dont see why you should be allowed on limelight services if you've broken the rules, for the duration of the ban you shouldnt be allowed to build. Just an opinion.
(Jun 19, 2017, 05:57 PM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]I dont see why you should be allowed on limelight services if you've broken the rules, for the duration of the ban you shouldnt be allowed to build. Just an opinion.

I don't see why not? If you have broken a rule that you cannot do in the build server (FearRP as an example), why should you be banned from the build server? The build server is there to allow people to build, not to roleplay. So if you didn't break any rules other than "Roleplay Rules" you shouldn't be banned on the build server.

I can understand if it is something like prop spamming and such, but not for simply breaking FearRP.
If someone was banned from our RP server/s then they've broken a rule and shouldn't be allowed on our server(untill the ban is appealed)

One of the reasons why it also applies to the build server is some people would become salty and they would go on the build server and try to grief and mess around or annoy the actual builders. I am sure your intentions are nothing like what I said but that is the one of the reasons why when you get banned you get banned on all our servers.
It asks what server you were on so that admins can pull up the correct information.  But again, the ban is for LimeLight, not just one map.
Also you have to understand, this is a punishment. You are being suspended from using our main attraction. You have to pay the consequences of your actions by not being able to RP or Build.
(Jun 19, 2017, 05:59 PM)ZooM Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 19, 2017, 05:57 PM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]I dont see why you should be allowed on limelight services if you've broken the rules, for the duration of the ban you shouldnt be allowed to build. Just an opinion.

I don't see why not? If you have broken a rule that you cannot do in the build server (FearRP as an example), why should you be banned from the build server? The build server is there to allow people to build, not to roleplay. So if you didn't break any rules other than "Roleplay Rules" you shouldn't be banned on the build server.

I can understand if it is something like prop spamming and such, but not for simply breaking FearRP.

Once you have been banned from the services it doesn't change for your liking. Yes, you may be able to use the Limelight Teamspeak but you have been banned from the game for a said reason. This shouldn't change, a ban is set, therefore you wait it out until your lesson has been learnt. You may not be roleplaying on the build server, but you can still minge on the server which is why your ban is handed out. In your case, your ban is for FearRP. So, as stated by the other staff members, the ban is handed out for a reason. You should not attempt to argue this case. 

Aswell as this, you state 'So if you didn't break any rules other than "Roleplay Rules" you shouldn't be banned on the build server.' The reason for your ban on the build server as well is so you don't go and break rules in anger. Bans are given to people who break rules, and breaking rules is clearly not allowed. If you wish to argue this case more, you could simply talk to . However, I highly doubt that this will change, maybe just think before breaking rules next time.
(Jun 19, 2017, 05:51 PM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 19, 2017, 05:33 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]Rules can be broken in the build server also.  The rules aren't just about RP. Otherwise someone could load up the build server and shoot up everything and one in sight.

You have god mode in the build server.

Despite having god mode, there is not prop pushing protection. Aswell as this, you can still equip guns and possibly annoy people.
The people above have answered all of your questions, do you have anything else that you would like to ask?
Thread closed, this is not a discussion thread. A suspension is issues to all our services upon infringement for the sake of it being a punishment, a lesson, as well as limit the chance of more rules being broken.