Limelight Forums

Full Version: My cousin's game is crashing when he joins.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

My cousin's game is crashing when he joins. We have done following things:
Download the necessary content beforehand 
-Manually delete and reinstall the content
-Disable other addons
-Change your game from 'Fullscreen' to 'Windowed'
-Disable custom content downloading (Options > Multiplayer > Allow custom custom content) 
-Verify Gmod Game cache
-Start a singleplayer game, and connect to the servers from there
-Reinstall Garry's Mod.

Still not working. 

We also have used these commands:
gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode -1
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

It would be nice if my cousin could join to the server.

If needed here is his Steam name and profile

Name: ⁶⁶⁶Kake40ツ
Steam profile: Kake40's steam profile
By manualy do you mean just disablying them from gmod?If yes try deleting them from the addons page in your steam foulder
(Jun 15, 2017, 04:33 PM)ICEKILLER_99 Wrote: [ -> ]By manualy do you mean just disablying them from gmod?If yes try deleting them from the addons page in your steam foulder

We tried that.
Try setting everything to high in settings.
(Jun 15, 2017, 05:35 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]Try setting everything to high in settings.

Already done
You should have a crash dump in:
DRIVE:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod
Should be named something like "hl2_170525_crash_2017_6_3T12_18_2C0.mdmp"
If you can upload this to something like dropbox please.
There is no crash file.

Forgot to say, the game crashes at "Downloading vote_yes.wav" part.
If the game suddenly exits out, then there will be a crash file. If you aren't seeing one, I suggest you repeat whatever steps you take to get it to crash until one is generated.

Could you please provide the specs of the machine? Ideally, a screen capture of the main page of Speccy will work. If you don't have that program, please find it at piriform.com/speccy

Also, a brief sidenote, forcing mat_queue_mode to it's default value (-1) won't do anything. -1 is the default value for that, and you don't need to set it manually.
Speccy screenshot (Open at new tab)

[Image: mvsqSIY.png]
It seems your running off two display adapters. Your 1050Ti and your onboard video. Would you be able to confirm whether GMod is running off your 1050Ti, rather than onboard video for me please? I suspect that currently it may not, and as a result is running out of VRAM/memory to run the game.

You can do this from Nvidia's control panel, then investigating more from there. A brief Google search will help you in finding what you need to ensure it's running off the 1050Ti instead.

Please let me know the results of this.
(Jun 16, 2017, 05:20 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]It seems your running off two display adapters. Your 1050Ti and your onboard video. Would you be able to confirm whether GMod is running off your 1050Ti, rather than onboard video for me please? I suspect that currently it may not, and as a result is running out of VRAM/memory to run the game.

You can do this from Nvidia's control panel, then investigating more from there. A brief Google search will help you in finding what you need to ensure it's running off the 1050Ti instead.

Please let me know the results of this.
It was crashing before he even installed the new Graphics Card
1. Alright, Is your game crashing or, are you getting the 'hl2.exe is not responding' by windows. If so, my best idea, would be to click 'Wait for Program to Respond' or its something like that. Let it sit for about 30mins. If nothing happens, you can try to close Gmod and retry. I also, "freeze" at that same spot. If you are not getting a dumpfile, Gmod is not crashing, Windows is closing it because Gmod is not responsive.

2. Also to try and get rid of any Launch Options for Gmod
How to:
1. Open Steam Library
2. Right-Click 'Garry's Mod' and Left-Click 'Properties'
3. Under 'General', Left-Click 'Set Launch Options...'
4. Delete anything in the text box

3. Make sure you have absolutely nothing you need running in the background, this includes going to your Task Manager. If you don't know if you need it, give it a quick google search.
How to open task manager:
1. Right-Click Toolbar
2. Left-Click 'Start Task Manager'

Let us know the results Smile
(Jun 17, 2017, 06:12 AM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]1. Alright, Is your cousin's game crashing or, are you getting the 'hl2.exe is not responding' by windows. If so, my best idea, would be to click 'Wait for Program to Respond' or its something like that. Let it sit for about 30mins. If nothing happens, you can try to close Gmod and retry. I also, "freeze" at that same spot. If you are not getting a dumpfile, Gmod is not crashing, Windows is closing it because Gmod is not responsive.

2. Also to try and get rid of any Launch Options for Gmod
How to:
1. Open Steam Library
2. Right-Click 'Garry's Mod' and Left-Click 'Properties'
3. Under 'General', Left-Click 'Set Launch Options...'
4. Delete anything in the text box

3. Make sure you have absolutely nothing you need running in the background, this includes going to your Task Manager. If you don't know if you need it, give it a quick google search.
How to open task manager:
1. Right-Click Toolbar
2. Left-Click 'Start Task Manager'

Let us know the results Smile

I just woke up, but now I can say that he isn't getting the "hl2 is not responding message". I check the other steps later today with him. Smile
(Jun 16, 2017, 09:36 PM)Vatipaa Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 16, 2017, 05:20 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]Snipped.
It was crashing before he even installed the new Graphics Card

It would do if what's happening is what I'm thinking of.

Please attempt what I said.
Now he is able to join. We just changed the screen. Thx for help Smile
Pages: 1 2