Limelight Forums

Full Version: Using Chat Wildcards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what are chat wildcards?

Chat wildcards are a nifty little feature added in revision 1717 of CityRP 2, which allow for the replacement of a string in the chatbox with a predefined variable. In layman's terms, you can write things such as %mid for example to print out your own ID to chat. This might be helpful when writing up /me's and /it's or whilst writing notes. There's quite a lot that are in place, so I thought to write this guide so people knew how to use them! Simply choose a wildcard from below, write it into chat as you would normally, and boom!

Thank you to , and for letting me use them as guinea pigs for the target-based wildcards!

Wildcard: %msname
Output: [Image: 7be7af55a6.png]
Used for: Printing Steam name to chat.

Wildcard: %mname
Output: [Image: 11e4a6f4fe.png]
Used for: Printing in-character name to chat.

Wildcard: %mid
Output: [Image: 49de52032b.png]
Used for: Printing ID to chat.
Additional Notes: If you intend to use ID's in /teamname, then use #id instead of %mid. You can use %mid for /job.

Wildcard: %mc
Output: [Image: bfcdc67a34.png]
Used for: Printing clan name and rank to chat.

Wildcard: %mj
Output: [Image: 4d8c995d6d.png]
Used for: Printing job title to chat.

Wildcard: %md
Output: [Image: fa0ec22613.png]
Used for: Printing character description to chat.

Wildcard: %l
Output: [Image: 2c9e5698bf.png]
Used for: Printing location to chat.
Additional Notes: If you're using %l in an advert or request, use /ladvert and /lrequest instead.

Wildcard: %sp
Output: [Image: a87f5768cd.png]
Used for: Printing last scanned plate to chat.
Additional Notes: If you need to report in a pursuit, use /pursuit instead. It'll also include the location too!

Wildcard: %tsname
Output: [Image: 70df13fc76.png]
Used for:
Printing a target's Steam name to chat.
Additional Notes: The wildcard will not complete unless you're hovering over another player. Else, it'll return %tsname.

Wildcard: %tname
Output: [Image: 80358f837a.png]
Used for:
Printing a target's roleplay name to chat.
Additional Notes: The wildcard will not complete unless you're hovering over another player. Else, it'll return %tname.

Wildcard: %tid
Output: [Image: 151ce0072b.png]
Used for: Printing a target's ID to chat.
Additional Notes: The wildcard will not complete unless you're hovering over another player. Else, it'll return %tid.

Wildcard: %tc
Output: [Image: 4f9ad74440.png]
Used for:
Printing a target's clan name and rank to chat.
Additional Notes: The wildcard will not complete unless you're hovering over another player. Else, it'll return %tc. If you try doing the wildcard on it's own and the user isn't in a clan, then your message will be blank.

Wildcard: %tj
Output: [Image: 284d7fa8a5.png]
Used for: Printing a target's job name to chat.
Additional Notes: The wildcard will not complete unless you're hovering over another player. Else, it'll return %tj.

Wildcard: %td
Output: [Image: d3ed1bf9f3.png]
Used for: Printing a target's description to chat.
Additional Notes: The wildcard will not complete unless you're hovering over another player. Else, it'll return %td.
Awesome guide!

Now I don't have to spend 3 minutes trying to type in my gov. job title.
Thanks!
This is nice, as always !
was glad to be your lil pet
Amazing Work!!

Pat

Never actually knew this was a thing Tongue