Limelight Forums

Full Version: Why so laggy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just wanted to know why the server is so laggy, even though there aren't many people on the server?

Is it the cars being used?

Many thanks
So, if it's rubber-banding lag (Server lag a few call it) then it means that something is wrong with your internet due to the server not experiencing issues like this. If all people on the server experience this however, then it means the server is being DDoS'd and is normal to rubber-band in this situation.
If only you are experiencing this rubber-band feeling, it simply means you're having issues with your internet.
If using wireless, I'd recommend switching to ethernet!

If it's FPS lag, try closing a few background processes, turning down the resolution for GMOD.
There are a few console commands you can do too however I cannot remember them at the moment, so I guess you'll have to wait for someone who has them to reply

If it's FPS lag and the two above don't work, Task Manager > Garrys Mod (Right click) > Set Priority
If all of these still don't work, it simply means your PC is unable to run Gmod at a sustainable rate > You need a new PC basically
Quote:  

Thats from the latest Gmod update.

Queued (Multi-Core) Rendering

This isn’t finished yet, but queued rendering should be pretty robust now. Any changes in performance are entirely dependent on your hardware and the scene being rendered.

You can enable it by running a few commands when you launch the game (press Shift+Escape to open the console): 
gmod_mcore_test 1
mat_queue_mode -1
cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

Original post: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-11108.html

This should boost your fps.
Okay cheers guys!

Ill try those commands later
Any more questions you need answered ?
urn no I think that's it thanks
No worries!

Please PM me or another Teacher to have this reopened.

Closed & Archived