Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request Coupcake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: ♈ Coupcake ♈

Ban ID: 5454

Banned by: [L²] Soviethooves

Server: v4b1 

Ban Reason: General Mingery (Climbing to the Nexus roof via ladders to throw melons down. Uses his job title as an excuse) | Throwing melons off Nexus | Propkilling (Unintentional via the melons)

Why should you be unbanned?: 
General Mingery 

First of all, I think this isn't really fair to say. It was not general mingery, which I'd class as a continuous thing. It was not continuous and we were all RPing as a lovely happy family. Sure, it was sometimes a bit far fetched and a bit silly, but this is a semi-serious server, surely we can have a bit of fun without getting **** on. We arent robots.

Uses his job title as an excuse

No. 

Throwing melons off Nexus | Propkilling (Unintentional via the melons)

This is I think the main reason I was permanently banned. Like I've previously said, the prop kill was accidental and involved somebody that was in the RP, not just some randomer that had nothing to do with it, as for throwing melons off the nexus, sure. It was stupid, however I was not doing it just to shit on the rules, but just for a bit of fun and for a laugh. Its exam times, why cant we just have a bit of fun, and a laugh without getting banned or punished. We don't play games to stress about rules, but to have fun, otherwise it wouldn't be a game. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'd also like to raise the fact that I am an active member of the community, and probably will remain so even when you deny this. I've been playing for just over a year now and gathered 800+ hours, and only 10 bans which is good for me, especially since my FL days of 12 in 200 hours. 

Also, theirs the fact that I am placed on my last warning after 10 bans in 800 hours whilst others have 10 in around 200-300 hours and still counting. this isn't an excuse for my shitty behaviour at times, but something I'd like to know the reasoning behind. 

I've never broken any major rules that are game breaking or damaging to the server, and are mostly fearRP. 

I know I havnt always been the best player, but I dont maliciously break rules in spite, or just to fuck about, but more subconciously break them when I am trying to have fun, which surely the server is meant to provide. 

We arent robots that are meant to follow strict rules and laws, which it feels like you expect us to be and do. 

I have provided many RPs, dupes and fun whilst i've been here and I dont want that to end. When I'm in the mood for some more seriousRP, I am capable, its just that its rare around here, and Im not an aggresiveRP player. 

I'd also like to allow Wheatcake and Berries to provide input if they wish. 

Thanks, 
You true love, Chicken Coup. 
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Coupcake.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hello,

I'm Coupcake's friend with an original name and I think Coupcake should be let off this permanent ban, or at least reduced to a non-permanent ban as he does role play quite well when he wants to. Even though he did drop melons off of the Nexus which was a bit...stupid...he just wanted to have a bit of 'fun' and 'banter' seen as though its exam season and the server is almost empty all day. Even I admit this was a stupid thing to do, yet he does have 800hrs with 10bans and 10 REP.

My point is, this shouldn't be a permanent ban as the prop kill was accidental, which the player who was prop killed didn't have a problem with it too much and knew that it was an accident.

<3 Evidence Of Community Love <3
~Wheatcake
         An original name
Wheatcake, if you have actual evidence from the situation, please post it. If not, please refrain from posting here.

I will be writing my response in the morning.
(May 28, 2017, 02:29 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Wheatcake, if you have actual evidence from the situation, please post it. If not, please refrain from posting here.

What would "evidence" be? 

Also thanks Smile
(May 28, 2017, 02:35 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 28, 2017, 02:29 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Wheatcake, if you have actual evidence from the situation, please post it. If not, please refrain from posting here.

Also thanks Smile

Anything that can be backed up (Video, Photos, etc.) to assist in the investigation of this case. Not just some gameplay to make the accused look like he did nothing wrong.
(May 28, 2017, 03:06 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 28, 2017, 02:35 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]

Also thanks Smile

Anything that can be backed up (Video, Photos, etc.) to assist in the investigation of this case. Not just some gameplay to make the accused look like he did nothing wrong.

well I did throw melons, I'm not denying that, however there was an RP that I was involved in which I don't have video of.
(May 28, 2017, 12:47 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]Your Name: ♈ Coupcake ♈

Ban Reason: General Mingery (Climbing to the Nexus roof via ladders to throw melons down. Uses his job title as an excuse) | Throwing melons off Nexus | Propkilling (Unintentional via the melons)

General Mingery 

First of all, I think this isn't really fair to say. It was not general mingery, which I'd class as a continuous thing. It was not continuous and we were all RPing as a lovely happy family. Sure, it was sometimes a bit far fetched and a bit silly, but this is a semi-serious server, surely we can have a bit of fun without getting **** on. We arent robots.

We do allow fun within our rules, sadly Coupcake you can't just say "this is a semi-serious server" and expect to get a slide as you have tried in the past. And yes, lovely happy families regularly climb on top of the biggest building in their area and throw melons at people below. (That was sarcasm, don't take the sentence seriously)

No. 

You literally just said "we were all RPing as a lovely happy family." You used your job title (Presidents Autistic Grand Child or something similar) to have an IC reason to be up there and throw melons down at the people below.

This is I think the main reason I was permanently banned. Like I've previously said, the prop kill was accidental and involved somebody that was in the RP, not just some randomer that had nothing to do with it, as for throwing melons off the nexus, sure. It was stupid, however I was not doing it just to shit on the rules, but just for a bit of fun and for a laugh. Its exam times, why cant we just have a bit of fun, and a laugh without getting banned or punished. We don't play games to stress about rules, but to have fun, otherwise it wouldn't be a game. 

Everyone plays on our server to have fun and most can do it without getting in as much trouble as you. Why is that? They have control and know that their is a difference from having fun and just being ridiculous. And this wasn't the main factor. It was more your history of doing mingy things for a long time, and you doing this wasn't far fetched from what we usually see you do.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'd also like to raise the fact that I am an active member of the community, and probably will remain so even when you deny this. I've been playing for just over a year now and gathered 800+ hours, and only 10 bans which is good for me, especially since my FL days of 12 in 200 hours. 

Congratulations.

Also, theirs the fact that I am placed on my last warning after 10 bans in 800 hours whilst others have 10 in around 200-300 hours and still counting. this isn't an excuse for my shitty behaviour at times, but something I'd like to know the reasoning behind. 

Don't compare yourself to others like you usually do to attempt to get out of trouble.

I've never broken any major rules that are game breaking or damaging to the server, and are mostly fearRP. 

Those are damaging and game breaking to the players that are forced to deal with your poor choices.

I know I havnt always been the best player, but I dont maliciously break rules in spite, or just to fuck about, but more subconciously break them when I am trying to have fun, which surely the server is meant to provide. 

Already stated this above about how most are able to have fun without breaking server rules.

We arent robots that are meant to follow strict rules and laws, which it feels like you expect us to be and do. 

Again, you repeat this a lot. Most players are able to follow our rules and have a great time, unlike you who believes breaking rules is mandatory to have fun.

I have provided many RPs, dupes and fun whilst i've been here and I dont want that to end. When I'm in the mood for some more seriousRP, I am capable, its just that its rare around here, and Im not an aggresiveRP player. 

Sadly, I believe it has ended.

They can if they have evidence to assist in this case (Video, Photos, etc.) No personal opinions on the matter.

Thanks, 

You have 48 Hours to respond with your final argument before a decision is made.
(May 28, 2017, 10:46 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 28, 2017, 12:47 AM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]Your Name: ♈ Coupcake ♈

General Mingery 

We do allow fun within our rules, sadly Coupcake you can't just say "this is a semi-serious server" and expect to get a slide as you have tried in the past. And yes, lovely happy families regularly climb on top of the biggest building in their area and throw melons at people below. (That was sarcasm, don't take the sentence seriously)
I'm well aware that I cant just say that, but when its people I know and am playing with, and nobody else is effected, why does the rules have to be restricted so harshly? Its like if I want to jerk one off in my own house, do my super religious neighbours need to know or take action, it doesnt effect them or anyone else 

No. 

You literally just said "we were all RPing as a lovely happy family." You used your job title (Presidents Autistic Grand Child or something similar) to have an IC reason to be up there and throw melons down at the people below.
Good point, but that isn't really how I meant it. 

Everyone plays on our server to have fun and most can do it without getting in as much trouble as you. Why is that? They have control and know that their is a difference from having fun and just being ridiculous. And this wasn't the main factor. It was more your history of doing mingy things for a long time, and you doing this wasn't far fetched from what we usually see you do.
Everyone plays for fun and everyone isn't perfect. There's times where people disconnect from these extremely strict rules for a goof and a gaff. And again,  this was something everyone on the ground was involved with, and it wasnt an innocent player crushed to death by a falling melon so I don't see why that has to be restricted so harshly. I can understand stuff like prop spamming a friend because it effects everyone, but if you're wacking your mate in a dark street for a laugh, does it really need to be enforced as this big ATTEMPT RDM stuff? 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Congratulations.
Thanks sweetie. :* 

Don't compare yourself to others like you usually do to attempt to get out of trouble.
How can you enforce rules if they aren't the same for everyone? 

Those are damaging and game breaking to the players that are forced to deal with your poor choices.
Yeah, but on this occasion it doesn't effect people that weren't involved in the fun. Its nice sometimes to have a RP that isnt taken seriously, and this was one of them. 

Already stated this above about how most are able to have fun without breaking server rules.

Again, you repeat this a lot. Most players are able to follow our rules and have a great time, unlike you who believes breaking rules is mandatory to have fun.
I don't believe that, I just zone out sometimes. The amount of rules expected of us to follow to have a "great time" is a bit over the top. 

Sadly, I believe it has ended.
You've made your decision already I see. :* 

They can if they have evidence to assist in this case (Video, Photos, etc.) No personal opinions on the matter.

Thanks, 

You have 48 Hours to respond with your final argument before a decision is made.
"Sadly, I believe it has ended.
Denied

Closing Notes: User has failed to give a sufficient reason for this to be appealed before the allotted time of 48 Hours.