Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR: Fealz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Fealz

Ban ID:  4793

Banned by: [L²] Sirwulf

Server: v33x

Ban Reason: Assisting in the moltoving an RP multiple times with no valid reason. Last chance was given prior.

Why should you be unbanned?: To begin with i never assisted in molotoving anyone's RP. I just sold the molotovs to the person who did it. I charged him for it like i would do to anyone buying stuff from me. So i didn't give it away knowing that he would use it for that purpose. If he would have told me that he was going to do what he did i would never sell it to him since i obviously was on my last chance. 

Evidence: Logs
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Fealz.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hello Fealz,

First of all, why did it take you over 4 months to put in this request? At this point everything is very fuzzy and not much documented evidence.

Which leads me to your evidence. Logs. Do you have any other evidence? Logs in general, let alone ones that are now over 4 months old are not a valid form of evidence.

Now, I'm the following comments strictly from memory. This is the only thing available to me at this time.

I remember watching you both during the first 1-2 times that the molotovs were thrown and were reported in. Now, if memory serves the transactions were done very low key. You two were both basically just hanging out, driving around and from what it looked, targeting that one business for fun. There was no RP involved in either the player throwing the molotovs nor your selling of them. From what I saw was that you were helping him grief. You weren't running a business and you were actually driving him around. As such, you were a part of it.
(May 29, 2017, 10:29 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Fealz,

First of all, why did it take you over 4 months to put in this request?  At this point everything is very fuzzy and not much documented evidence.

Which leads me to your evidence.  Logs.  Do you have any other evidence?  Logs in general, let alone ones that are now over 4 months old are not a valid form of evidence.

Now, I'm the following comments strictly from memory.  This is the only thing available to me at this time.  

I remember watching you both during the first 1-2 times that the molotovs were thrown and were reported in.  Now, if memory serves the transactions were done very low key.  You two were both basically just hanging out, driving around and from what it looked, targeting that one business for fun.  There was no RP involved in either the player throwing the molotovs nor your selling of them.  From what I saw was that you were helping him grief.  You weren't running a business and you were actually driving him around.  As such, you were a part of it.
To begin with: when I got banned from limelight I quit role playing or playing games at all. Now that I am starting to play again I figured I would post a ubr. That's why it took me 4 months to make it. All server logs are available from the server start so I don't see the problem finding the logs from 4 months back, (i don't know anything about Garry's mod servers or servers in general so correct me if I'm wrong) So I was just driving around on the map and taking to people and i meet this player. As i remember it we were just driving around in my new car for 10-15 minutes. After that he asked to buy weapons, I sold him some molotovs and we went up to Top Street where the RP was going on, he threw the first Molotov into the building and ran off. I think I told him not to use it like that in IOOC after he did it, so if I'm lucky I did use the chat and not my microphone. No I don't have any other evidence, I will check my action folder and get back to you. This is all I got for now.
Unfortunately log requests are not a valid form of evidence. Especially due to the timeframe that the ban occurred.

Do you have any other evidence at this time?
You probably used the logs as evidence before banning me so i think that i also should be able to do that.

And back to me selling the molotovs: I didn't give them to him, They were sold to him. I even overcharged for the molotovs because it was business. If you can find me selling the molotovs to him i think that will help me out a lot. I didn't throw any molotovs at the RP either, so i still don't see how i assisted in molotiving the RP more than sold the molotovs to him, This could happen to anyone.

For example: If a moderator sold molotovs to someone that wanted to buy it, Then that player breaks the rules and does this would it be assisting in molotoving an RP aswell? I think that the logs is the only evidence i need since it doesn't say anything about me throwing any molotovs in there. Only selling them for in-game currency.
I'll make a quote to one of the basic rules for the courthouse:

Quote:3. Evidence is a requirement, do not request log checks, include solid evidence for your report or do not post one.

What I remember was that you were driving him around.  That was the main red flag for me.  It seemed clear that you to were friends, you even dropped him off at the business.  As such, you were an accomplice.  Even if we threw out the selling of the molotovs, I'd still have an issue as you aided him in the crime.  And this wasn't a one time thing as I spent some time watching the bomber.
I wasn't expecting to be banned in that situation so I really don't have any evidence over what I have already said and the logs. I do understand that it takes time to get to those logs but please when you can take a look through them, I am certain that I did told him not to do that again. Also please keep in mind that at no point did I tell him to throw the molotovs at the buildings he did burn.
After a lot of thought I'm going to have to deny this. As there is no available evidence for the request. (Our logs don't extend for this long), there is nothing for any of us to go off of but memory.

Both of you had received a punishment for the violation. As you were seen as aiding him, you were an accomplice. And unfortunately you were already on your last chance.

It is one of those risks that you take when not recording at all times.

You are welcome to try again in 3 months after this first denial and hopefully things will change.

Take care.