Limelight Forums

Full Version: [Video] Soviethooves on FearRP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Short clip from yesterdays recording, Soviethooves giving an explaination on FearRP scenario with more than two people.

This video was posted with the consent of  
Wait, isn't the ending situation just a hostage situation?
(May 26, 2017, 12:00 AM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, isn't the ending situation just a hostage situation?

As our rules for Fearp are written, if both parties have weapons out and ready (or at least are both at the same threat level) no one is forced not to shoot. Doesn't matter if you are outflanked, gunned, numbered, or have a hostage.
(May 26, 2017, 01:15 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 26, 2017, 12:00 AM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, isn't the ending situation just a hostage situation?

As our rules for Fearp are written, if both parties have weapons out and ready (or at least are both at the same threat level) no one is forced not to shoot. Doesn't matter if you are outflanked, gunned, numbered, or have a hostage.

[Image: tB91Ehv.png]

(May 26, 2017, 02:57 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 26, 2017, 01:15 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

[Image: tB91Ehv.png]

Those are 2 completly different scenarios.

What he is talking about here is how if you have someone under fearrp, and then someone comes behind you (or not within your "arch/angle" of fire) with a gun and puts you under fearrp, at that point fearRP no longer applies not anyone involved.

Source of your picture: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...#pid167607

In this case they opened fire/run away even though Sours had the upper hand by having a gun on safety on them before they could even exit the car. They were in a vulnerable position (driving a car and without guns on hand), when they exited the car they were unarmed for a short duration while Sours was next to them with his gun drawn and less than a second away from shooting them, whereas the masked man would need to reach his back and grab a gun, reach the trigger and then start shooting.

TL;DR?
If both parties already have their firearms out and none of them are in a significant disadvantage then none of them are put under fearrp.

If party "A" has their firearm out putting party "B" under fearrp but party "C" comes behind and puts him under fearrp , All parties are no longer under fearRP.

Keep in mind this is my perspective on the subject. I could be totally wrong.
If you haven't noticed, our rules on Fearp recently changed. I believe Overlewd made an announcement about it. 

If you wish to try and start something with me because of an outdated statement, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Here's some juicy source for you guys just to backup my statement: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-15399.html

"2.1 You must follow FearRP – Your character must act afraid of life-threatening situations or of any visibly armed people. You must follow orders of visibly armed people as long as they are able to harm your character at that moment. You cannot draw a weapon while you are in their line of sight and within effective firing range. The only exception to this is if you are also visibly armed. (Visibly armed = holding a weapon in hand, regardless of safety mode). "

i agree you had an armed suspect with gun directly on an unarmed person
that person would of not pulled a gun as the immediate reaction of gunman would be to shoot for that
so at this point is more of a hostage stand off, were the suspect makes 1 wrong move and hes dead but same could be said for the cop
so id say the cops can take action except the 1 in front of gun as his is still personally under FearRP due to having a gun in his face
(May 26, 2017, 08:59 PM)Temar Wrote: [ -> ]

i agree you had an armed suspect with gun directly on an unarmed person
that person would of not pulled a gun as the immediate reaction of gunman would be to shoot for that
so at this point is more of a hostage stand off, were the suspect makes 1 wrong move and hes dead but same could be said for the cop
so id say the cops can take action except the 1 in front of gun as his is still personally under FearRP due to having a gun in his face

Ah wait, yep. Yes he would still be under Fearp. Apologies, that was my mistake.

Where I am conflicted however is where in that scenario who would follow who's orders. The players behind him can counter whatever orders he gives the hostage, leaving his options extremely limited. What happens then?
From what I've gone by is the fact that if you know you can shoot the hostage taker dead with a pretty certain possibility like the situation their as two is behind, it's all good to shoot and once the first shot is fired the hostage can pull his weapon if he has one (if he is still living.)
(May 26, 2017, 08:45 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ] If you haven't noticed, our rules on Fearp recently changed. I believe Overlewd made an announcement about it. 

If you wish to try and start something with me because of an outdated statement, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Here's some juicy source for you guys just to backup my statement: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-15399.html

"2.1 You must follow FearRP – Your character must act afraid of life-threatening situations or of any visibly armed people. You must follow orders of visibly armed people as long as they are able to harm your character at that moment. You cannot draw a weapon while you are in their line of sight and within effective firing range. The only exception to this is if you are also visibly armed. (Visibly armed = holding a weapon in hand, regardless of safety mode). "
There has never been a rule in place that places you under FearRP if you are flanked, or if you are at a "disadvantage" only when a weapon is pointed at you, without having one out/pointed at the opposing force, about the weapon being lowered there was uncertainty, and that was clarified in the new set of rules.

As quoted from the update thread this was the only change made to the FearRP rules. 1)   Changed FearRP rule to reflect that it applies to guns on safety.
(May 26, 2017, 09:22 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 26, 2017, 08:45 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ] If you haven't noticed, our rules on Fearp recently changed. I believe Overlewd made an announcement about it. 

There has never been a rule in place that places you under FearRP if you are flanked, or if you are at a "disadvantage" only when a weapon is pointed at you, without having one out/pointed at the opposing force, about the weapon being lowered there was uncertainty, and that was clarified in the new set of rules.

As quoted from the update thread this was the only change made to the FearRP rules. 1)   Changed FearRP rule to reflect that it applies to guns on safety.

agreed
the rule isn't clear enough if u all are agreeing / disagreeing / discussing it in this thread
(May 27, 2017, 09:26 AM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]the rule isn't clear enough if u all are agreeing / disagreeing / discussing it in this thread

The rule has been made very clear, and it has already been cleared up, further clarification is not needed as long as everyone sticks to what we agreed on.
I don't even know why this is a thing, we shouldn't have to write 1000000000000000 rules in order to clarify the endless number of grey areas possible throughout our gamemode.

Fear RP:
If there's a gun that can shoot you, don't be dumb and listen to the gun-man.

VOILA.
I apologize for the amount of drama this thread generated, it was not the agenda.
If you strip FearRP down to its most basic form, doesn't it just mean you're supposed to be afraid when in a life threatening situation?
Like, you're not supposed to pull your weapon when someone already has a weapon on you.
I think advantages and disadvantages like in the video have a great part to play in whether FeaRP was broken or not, and I suppose that can be just be determined by an admin in case people start arguing.
Pages: 1 2