Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR: Woxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Woxy

Ban ID: 5006

Banned by: [L²:M] Toxic

Server: V4B1

Ban Reason: Running from police in a tow truck as citizen without a valid RP reason other than - extended (Cameron)

Why should you be unbanned?: I understand the ban, it is just that many rules like these are not clearly stated so it is hard to know up to what point you can go to before it starts breaching the rules. I want to have a chance to redeem my self and to follow the rules by using common sense so situations like these will not occur. I have started roleplaying seriously on games like ARMA 3 about two months ago and I feel like my roleplaying skills have increased significantly to the point where I feel I could be very successful on Limelight servers.   

Evidence: N/A
The staff-members have received your unban-request, MrKat.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
You have had 12 separate bans as opportunities to read the rules, to exercise common sense, and to act within the server's clearly posted rules. You refused to do so, and you were issued a suspension accordingly. You say you understand the ban, but then go back and say that the rules are to blame because they aren't clearly stated. I believe the rules regarding FailRP cover it adequately, but to emphasize:

From https://limelightgaming.net/derma/rules.html

"The following rules are made to make clear what is allowed and what is not, this is required for any decent roleplay server. We expect you to read all the rules before playing. It may take a couple of minutes to read all the rules, but an average ban is a lot longer than that. It's almost impossible to cover every single detail with rules, so we expect that you use your common sense and won't do questionable things or search for loopholes. If you are not sure if something is allowed or not, ask an admin to clarify."

If you had been preemptive and had asked whether or not your actions would be permissible, perhaps a suspension could've been avoided.
I understand that but it is probably a bit mundane asking an admin every few minutes about something when they have a bit of a reputation where they are mostly busy. I know I am asking for my few dozenth chance now, it's just that this server is irresistible and I would really like to play on here. I know you don't care, I just want you to know how I feel about this. I don't really have anything to say other than that I feel like I have improved since last time as I was in serious roleplaying servers.
**Was involved during the ban being executed and the situation**

Well, If you think something is a bit iffy or unknown on something, you always have the /help commands also for support from the Teachers as that is what we were promoted to do for answering players questions and we have received a lot especially upon rules within the game. It is always an alternative if you feel you don't wish to waste Administrators time as I have actually heard this before from a few members.

About the Citizen thing, as Toxic does say - It is the first thing that is said in the rules is that "Your character is by default a functional member of society, so make your character behave realistically" meaning that if your a citizen, you wouldn't run/drive away from the police even if you are "suspecting" that they might arrest you because it could be different.
Another thing I have a problem is the citizen role. Everyone starts off as a citizen but then you can change the job name to things like 'thug' or 'street racer' are very iffy. The fact that you can change job name is iffy. I was told by Nacreas or Enzyme one of the two said that when being a corrupt police officer you do not need to change your job name to "Corrupt Police Officer".
This isn't a rant board, stay on topic please.
I'm not trying to rant, I am just saying it is hard to draw the line with what a citizen can and can not do with the different job name.
That's a rant. I'll be discussing your suspension with Cameron.
Approved.

Your ban will now expire in 5 days.