Limelight Forums

Full Version: Scamming a Scammer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scamming a Scammer!

So I just got in contact with a guy claiming to have 5.2 million USD that he wants to send to me. I want to hear some suggestions for what i should write in my response, i'll update the post regularly.

Original Mail
Quote:My Name is Captain Perez Haggard, I'm an American Soldier Serving Under the Multinational Base Tarin Kot capacity and Peace keeping force deployed to Afghanistan from Iraq. Can you be trusted my friend?. I have some important items to ship to you for safe keeping as long as i am assured that this items will be safe in your care till i complete my service here. Please get back to me as per for more information through my private email(p.haggard@foxmail.com). I will be more detailed when i get a response from you.

Yours in service,
Cpt. PEREZ Haggard
In God We Trust

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

My Response
Quote:Hi,

I recently came across your mail on the phone, and I have a lot of space that i'd be happy to use for your items. I'm on a sort of "sabbath" year at the moment, but I can have my assistant take care of the items at my address. I'll check a few times a day for your response.

Thanks for your service!

Sincerely,
(REMOVED)

Obviously at first i didn't really care much for making a proper response, so i just smashed some bs together. I didn't expect to get further responses, but he contacted me on his private mail again a few hours later.

His Response
Quote:[font=Gungsuh, serif]Thanks for your swift response to my email and sorry for responding to your email a bit late.  

Please accept my sincere apology for contacting you in this manner despite the fact that we haven't met in person. I got your email contact details after an extensive on-line search Via Network Power Charitable Trust for a reliable person whom will assist me in receiving my items, with all trust and sincerity.

My dear friend,  I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of  $5,200,000.00 (Five Million & Two Hundred Thousand United State Dollars) to you for safe keeping, as long as I am assured that this funds will be safe in your care until I complete my service over here in Afghanistan to come over to your country for pick up.

I was born in Rhode Island to a family of Four, Dad and Mom, Myself and my younger brother Russell. My Dad died when I was only 7 he was an FBI and Mom later died when I was 12 she had a terrible accident and died three days after in New York as she was working as a nurse in Lenox Hill hospital in New York. I passed through the rank (Captain) at the Newport station in Rhode Island before I was deploy to Afghanistan from Iraq. I would have trusted this kind of project/deal in the hands of my wife who was my closest confidant, but I lost her during child birth on 22ND April 2014, 10 months after we got married, and my only brother has ruined his life with hard drugs and presently in a rehabilitation home in Dallas. This and other reasons has prompt me to seek for your assistance. Please note that there shall be no financial requirement from your side till this funds is delivered to you for safe-keeping.

SOURCE OF MONEY:
Some money in various currencies was discovered concealed in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunition at a location of insurgent hide during a rescue operation over here in Afghanistan, and it was agreed by all party present that the money be shared among us. This was quite an illegal thing to do, but I tell you what? No compensation can make up for the risks we have taken with our lives in this hell hole. The amount ($5,200,000.00) was given to me as my share, but to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me. But with the help of a German contact working here, whose office enjoys some immunity with the US Army, I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the package, he believes the package belongs to an Asian American who died in an air raid and before giving up, trusted me to hand over the package to his family.

There is a secured way of getting this package (funds) out to a safer country for you to pick up. I do not know for how long I will remain here but hopefully before the year runs out. I will discuss this with you when I am sure that you are willing to assist me. One passionate appeal I will make to you my friend, is not to discuss this matter/issue with a third party. Should you have reasons to reject this offer, do not hesitate to destroy this mail as any leakage of this information will be too bad for me.

I have survived 2 suicide bomb attacks by the special grace of God Almighty, this and other reasons I mentioned above has prompted me to reach out for help from you. I will agree to offer you a reasonable percentage (30%) when you are agree to help me in safe keeping my funds, (10%) will go for Charity and the balance (60%) of the total amount should be kept for me to pick up upon arrival in your country. Please you have to accept this sharing pattern from the total sum of the funds in this transaction.

I will want you to kindly forward to me your Name in Full, Valid Telephone numbers, Preferred Delivery Address, Present Occupation, Age and any means/form of identification, so that I know the person I am dealing with in this transaction/deal.

The above requested information's, will help in facilitating the arrival of the package, and with your co-operation in this deal, I know the package (funds) would get to you in less than 10 days. Please get back to me with the needed information's. I count on your understanding,

I await your swift reply to this email as time is not on our side to execute this deal, everything we need to do, needs to be done as fast as possible.

God bless America.

Yours in service,
Cpt. Perez HAGGARD
In God We Trust.[/font]

My Response
Quote:*Not Done*
He's clearly using google translator lmfao

say

give me ur money or ill find u