Limelight Forums

Full Version: How to Use the /customize Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What I hope to achieve: With this guide, I hope to help people understand how the /customize menu works. I also want to help new people that are just coming to the server, and help them learn how to use our advanced vehicle customization system in CityRP2.

Information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the '/customize' menu: The '/customize' menu is a menu that allows Mechanics, in-game, to permanently customize vehicles. The '/customize' menu is a menu that lets you save your vehicle's bodygroups to the server, so next time you spawn your vehicle, your bodygroups, color, and skin will be the same as before. 

The difference between permanent and temporary: The difference between permanent, aka perm, and temporary, aka temp, is quite simple. Permanent means that when the car is "parked" in the Evocity Garage/put back into inventory, the bodygroups that were modified are still on the car when the vehicle is spawned again. Temporary means that when the car is "parked" in the Evocity Garage/put back into inventory, the bodygroups that were modified aren't on the car when the vehicle is spawned again.

User Interface (UI)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to open the menu: Simple!! You must be looking at a vehicle or in the vehicle that you want to customize. Open your chat menu using your key bind (how to find this below), then type in '/customize' (without the quotes). 

Finding your chat key bind:
  1. Open "Options" in your gmod menu
  2. Go to "Keyboard" on the top sections (should be default)
  3. Scroll down and look for "COMMUNICATION"
  4. Find "Chat message" (look to the right for the key)
What you will see:
1. List of bodygroups, with drop down boxes
2. A 3D Image of the vehicle you are customizing( If you see an error, make sure to make a bug report here )
3. A color box
4. Skin drop down box

Usage

How to use it: 
From my experience, I would say to use the 'c' context menu before opening '/customize' unless you need the 3D view. If you use the 'c' context menu before you open the /customize menu, you get these pros: color presets, easier interface, and more bodygroup options; and these cons: no updated 3D view. After editing the vehicle using the 'c' context menu, open the '/customize' menu, change the color(move the pointer to your desired color), and then click 'Apply Changes' at the bottom right of the menu. If you don't use the /customize menu, your bodygroups, color, and skins will not save.

What will happen: 
After you use the 'customize' menu, your bodygroups will be saved. 

FAQ: 
Q1. Will everything that is not in the '/customize' menu save after editing it with the 'c' context menu?
A1. Yes, if you click 'Apply Changes' in the '/customize' menu.

More questions to be added as asked...

If any revisions or changes need to be made, please reply below.