Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Corgi

Ban ID: 352

Banned by: [L²] Soviethooves

Server: EvoCity

Ban Reason: [b]PRA (15296) - Fearp | Previous record of rule breaking involving aggressive actions (Extended due to current ban)[/b]

Why should you be unbanned?: That is absolutely stupid. Someone having a gun aimed at the floor and I should be under FearRP because 'disadvantage.' If I was at such a disadvantage, why did him and his entire force die? Oh, because he was at a disadvantage. He was the only one running after the vehicle. There is two heavily armed men in the vehicle. What disadvantage are we under? None. Just some 'FearRP' because his gun can shoot the floor. There isn't a weapon pointed at me but I need to follow his commands? 
"[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]#9
8 minutes ago 
Approved

Closing Notes: Fearp is applied as his weapon was in his hands and able to rise before you could exit the vehicle. You should felt threatened by a guy with a gun in his hands ready to raise and fire. In the game, you can't shoot while in a car, so you were at a disadvantage if he decided to start a firefight with you in the car."
[/font]

I've had encounters with Temar where I ran at his car with my gun on safety and he drove off. Why? There was NO FearRP applied because my weapon was aimed at the ground. He wasn't going to start a firefight with us in the car because we was out before his gun was even up. All of this 'disadvantage' nonsense is too subjective. I had better weapons and armour than him but i'm under the disadvantage? 

Evidence:
The staff-members have received your unban-request, McCorgi.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
For further clarification, this was quite awhile ago. Temar was in his FPIU and I ran towards his car on Nightingale Road with my SCAR-H equipped. However, it was on safety. I didn't notice this but he drove away. I challenged him in OOC and he said that it was on safety and there was no FearRP. But now i'm being given a McStupid ban + BL.

Can you like, all get what is and isn't ok straight? One admin says that, another says this. Every PR just relies on you getting a reasonable staff member to review it.
Sadly this is a breaking of Fearp. Fearp is when you must fear for your life in situations that call for it. A man with a firearm in his hands has a better chance of shooting you than you do being in the car, IRL and IG.

It doesn't matter if there is a weapon at his side, or if it's on his back, Fearp applies if you are at a disadvantage at any moment of time.

Outnumbered? Fearp
Flanked? Fearp
Enemy has weapon already out and ready? Fearp.

I apologies with that mixup with Temar, but if you want us to review our mistakes, we need evidence, not a person's word.
But it was facing the ground. When I got out, it was facing the ground. When it wasn't facing the ground, it shot me and any supposed FearRP would of been void. He told me to get out of my car, which I did.
(Apr 30, 2017, 09:36 PM)McCorgi Wrote: [ -> ]But it was facing the ground. When I got out, it was facing the ground. When it wasn't facing the ground, it shot me and any supposed FearRP would of been void. He told me to get out of my car, which I did.

It was down in his hands when you were in the car at Fearp. When you got out, you completely ignored the fearp you were under and began to run. The only reason it shot you was because you began to run away getting your weapons out.
Because I acted on what i've seen done by other members of staff, that a gun pointed to the floor on safety doesn't put you under FearRP.
Unless you can prove that you are being truthful, I won't be believing you and will stick to what I know about our rules.

Denied

Closing Notes: Player is seen breaking fearp by ignoring the advantage the officers have on him. If you wish to compare your actions to staff members to prove you haven't broken a rule, you won't see anything positive come from it.