Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban VVortex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Ban ID: 5310

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. [L²:M] Dig

Server: 51.254.57.133:27030 [EU]Limelight Serius City RP

Ban Reason: D/c to avoid arrest

Why should you be unbanned?: I was stopped by the police and i got out my car everything went fine.But that time it was really late for me so i had to leave but i wouldnt get arrested anyway becasue i would of gotten a fine or something.So it was really late for me and i needed to leave so im sorry..As im saying i probably would gotten a fine not an arrest.And i really really want to play because its been a while.

Evidence: Sorry.I got no evidence Sad

Posting on behalf of VVortex,
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Rocket.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Regardless of the citation you would of received or what the cops intended to do with you, whether that be giving you a fine or arresting you. The fact of the matter is that you disconnected during a role play situation that was taking place. You did not warn anyone that you would have to go soon or that it was late, you simply disconnected when you were cuffed.

In any case the ban has since expired and you may now rejoin the servers to play. The ban was valid in the sense that you did violate our rule about disconnecting to avoid a situation and in future reference when this happens it would be a good idea to inform the people trying to arrest you that you do have to leave, so they do not get the idea that you are trying to loophole your way out of an arrest.
Hello, Vortex.

Prior to the incident, I had been noticing your behavior on the Global OOC chat a little bit too much. If you would've told me in the Local OOC chat that you had to go, I would've taken it into consideration if you wouldn't have been doing that before.

Here are a few problems I personally have with your unban request:
- You never informed me or of your request for permission to leave the roleplaying situation due to the (late) time or a reason stating that you would have to go away;

- You, someone with quite some hours on your record (and anyone that would've read the rules) should know that without asking this or at least roleplaying the situation out, you're breaking the rules. Regardless of a citation talk or me telling you that you're going to be arrested for reckless endangerment (which I told you and your race buddy a few times);

- In my opinion, the excuse that someone ''suddenly'' has to leave because of the late time, a bed time, that their parents are about to set fire to their modem or any such reason in pair with committing crimes and racing around the city willingly and knowingly getting into a situation with law enforcement just seconds before that, is not an excuse but rather a lie (that has been used a little bit too much during d/c situations to avoid RP or staff situations);

- I can't remember exactly, but I am pretty sure you disconnected after I replied that you were going to be detained and then arrested for reckless endangerment after you asking ''yes officer?''. Meaning you knew this wasn't going to be a simple citation talk but an arrest to be made against you.

Of course, in the end, it'll be up to Dig to decide whether or not the ban will be cleared from your record. I personally think you knew better than to disconnect especially given your attitude on the Global OOC chat earlier that makes a small indication you might've taken that attitude into the roleplaying situation.

That's my side on it for now, in case Jompe wants to give his part.
I remember it as I were patrolling in the area and got told by Wesley to stop VVortex's car, due to street racing. I turned my sirens on and stopped VVortex's car at the side of the road. I then told him to exit the vehicle and to follow me up to Wesley's police car that were parked a few meters away, as he had more knowledge of the situation. I then put handcuffs on VVortex as Wesley already had handcuffed the other suspect that he had stopped.

If I then remember correctly Wesley were about to arrest VVortex when he directly afterwards disconnected without notifying us at all.
Asked the player on steam, player doesn't show any interest in replying to the thread as he is already unbanned.

Closed. Denied.