Limelight Forums

Full Version: NLR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Apex

So, there is an issue I have noticed with the current NLR system and I just wanted some help with it, goes kinda like this:

Guy breaks the law and gets away, but is seen or recognizable in some way by the Police.

The police eventually catch him some time later, but they just say "I died, nlr lol" and thus void the situation.

Thing is, there is no way to prove they actually died, and some people actively abuse this in order to commit crimes and get away without punishment.
I always just cuffed them anyways and then either arrested them or waited for a staff member to confirm whether they've died in the past whatever minutes (back when I wasnt staff). You aren't going to be punished for NLR if you have no way of knowing it occurred.

Pref doublecheck with staff.

Apex

Usually I would wait for staff approval, as I do with most roleplays that are in a gray area; but the response times of staff IG are so high (Sometimes upwards of 15 minutes) it's not really worth calling them.
I'd say go with your gut. If it sounds like he is being honest, let him go. If not, put him in jail. If he has a problem with it, he can contact staff and we will deal with it from there.
(Apr 21, 2017, 11:52 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say go with your gut. If it sounds like he is being honest, let him go. If not, put him in jail. If he has a problem with it, he can contact staff and we will deal with it from there.

But then the person that arrested the presumably died person would be in trouble for NLR? Especially if the suspect typed it in and there's actual evidence of him saying he died.
(Apr 21, 2017, 03:49 PM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 21, 2017, 11:52 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say go with your gut. If it sounds like he is being honest, let him go. If not, put him in jail. If he has a problem with it, he can contact staff and we will deal with it from there.

But then the person that arrested the presumably died person would be in trouble for NLR? Especially if the suspect typed it in and there's actual evidence of him saying he died.
He cant know said person is lying/telling the truth. Probaly wont matter.
(Apr 21, 2017, 04:58 PM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 21, 2017, 03:49 PM)Coupcake Wrote: [ -> ]

He cant know said person is lying/telling the truth. Probaly wont matter.

Admin can check logs and instantly see that you arrested a person that died. Therefore you're breaking NLR. 

Most staff aren't going to exactly take your word for it when there's "evidence" of that person telling you, and informing you that it would be NLR.
Has your question been answered, ?
Also, does anyone have any questions about this topic?

Apex

I mean, not really; cause the question remains that is it possible for someone to be punished for arresting someone that claims to have died, and for it to turn out they actually died. (Without any proof given to the arresting officer)
(Apr 21, 2017, 07:12 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, not really; cause the question remains that is it possible for someone to be punished for arresting someone that claims to have died, and for it to turn out they actually died. (Without any proof given to the arresting officer)

(Apr 21, 2017, 10:21 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]I always just cuffed them anyways and then either arrested them or waited for a staff member to confirm whether they've died in the past whatever minutes (back when I wasnt staff). You aren't going to be punished for NLR if you have no way of knowing it occurred.
You won't be punished if he is tell the truth.

Apex

(Apr 21, 2017, 07:19 PM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 21, 2017, 07:12 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, not really; cause the question remains that is it possible for someone to be punished for arresting someone that claims to have died, and for it to turn out they actually died. (Without any proof given to the arresting officer)

(Apr 21, 2017, 10:21 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]I always just cuffed them anyways and then either arrested them or waited for a staff member to confirm whether they've died in the past whatever minutes (back when I wasnt staff). You aren't going to be punished for NLR if you have no way of knowing it occurred.
You won't be punished if he is tell the truth.

In that case, yes my question has been answered.
[Closed and Archived]
User's question has been answered.

[Notes]
Players aren't going to be punished for NLR if you have no way of knowing of them dying. It is recommended to speak to a member of staff if available but you may continue otherwise.

Sours
LimeLight Assistant