Limelight Forums

Full Version: Roleplay Enhancement Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Limelight Roleplay Enhancement Guide

Make your roleplay command texts (/me, /it) even better.
Below I'll share some tips, examples and questions to make your roleplay as maxed out as possible.
Before reading this guide, make sure to know the basics of how the commands work.

Here is another guide that showcases just that:

I'll assume you've either read this thread or know the commands. Right, let's proceed.

The RP - /me

There are alot of ways a player can develop/enhance their RP (/me's and /it's) . Dupes, Vehicles, Clothing, etc.
Some people forget about the core, the commands themselves.

Here is an example:
*Lucas "Insert" Mainz picks up the phone.*

This is a simple /me, let's make it more advanced by asking ourselves some questions and more follow up questions:
What? Where? How (physical and mental)? Why?

What does Lucas pick up (We already know this...)? A phone. What kind of phone? A Nokia 1130/A dusty old phone.

From where does Lucas pick up this phone? The table. What kind of table? The brown mahogany table.

How does Lucas pick the phone up (mental)? Calmly. How does Lucas pick up the phone (physical)? Using his left hand.

Why does Lucas pick up the phone? To answer it.

Let's use these answers to develop our previous /me.
Example:
*Lucas "Insert" Mainz picks up the Nokia 1130 from the brown mahogany table using his left hand to answer it.*

You might have noticed that some questions have multiple answers, in our case, the answers red and green.
We can actually add these on top of the /me, despite already having one answer to the question.
Example:
*Lucas "Insert" Mainz calmly picks up the  dusty, old Nokia 1130 from the brown mahogany table using his left hand to answer it.*

The RP - /it

Let's try this same thing with a /it.

Example:
**The phone starts to ring**

We'll use the same questions:
What? Where? How (physical and mental (Yes, items can have behaviours too!)? Why?

What is ringing? (Already know this..) A Phone. What kind of phone? (Same here, kind of) A Nokia 1130/A dusty old phone. What does the phone do? (We already know this... I know) It rings. What sound does it have? (Gotta be creative when making questions depending on the RP situation.) It has the standard Nokia ringtone.

Where does the phone ring? The table. What kind of table? The brown mahogany table.

How does the phone ring? Aggressively How does the phone ring? With sounds and vibrations

Why does the phone ring? Because there is an active incomming call.

Let's put this together (It's alot, I know I know...)
Example:
**The Nokia 1130 on the brown mahogany table aggressively emitts the default Nokia ringtone as it seems to be recieving an active incomming call.**

Let's add the question with multiple answers
Example:
**The dusty , old Nokia 1130 on the brown mahogany table aggressively emitts the default Nokia ringtone and vibrates as it seems to be recieving an active incomming call.**

Synonyms

Another great tip is to use synonyms when using these commands, as hearing the same thing over and over again might seem a bit nagging.

Example:
*Lucas "Insert" Mainz pulls the body.*

A god replacement for this would be:
*Lucas "Insert" Mainz drags the corpse.*

Placeswapping

Another great thing to do is to place the words in different places, swapping them over from time to time.
Example:
*Lucas "Insert" Mainz drags the body to the cliff and pushes it off.*

Swapping the drag and push "part":
*Lucas "Insert" Mainz pushes the body off the cliff after dragging it there.*

Here the information displayed let's us know about the push before the drag, opposed to the push after the drag.

After some time you'll get the hang of this and hopefully wont be needing to use these questions to get the same effect. This is however a very good start. I personally use these for RP.

This guide will most likely be updated in the future. This is my first guide, so be sure to leave some feedback below.

That's it folks! Now get on the damn server by pressing the button below and show us the best you got!

[Image: generator.php?ip=51.254.57.133%3A27030&game=gmod]
Amazing guide ! Great job!
Sometimes a bit too much (my opinion)
But great for starters
Good job
(Apr 20, 2017, 05:13 PM)Rizion Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes a bit too much (my opinion)
But great for starters
Good job

I feel the "exaggeration" was needed to make people understand what is meant. I believe this made the Guide even more clear.
(Apr 20, 2017, 05:15 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 20, 2017, 05:13 PM)Rizion Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes a bit too much (my opinion)
But great for starters
Good job

I feel the "exaggeration" was needed to make people understand what is meant. I believe this made the Guide even more clear.
That makes sense Big Grin
/ me slap insert in the face
*Alan Yeung slap insert in the face*
What a nice job,i now learn how to use /me to abuse others
(Apr 20, 2017, 05:23 PM)alan245 Wrote: [ -> ]* alan245 slap insert in the face

*Alan Yeung slowly pushes his open left hand towards Insert's cheek, resulting in a slap.*

Did you not learn?!?! xD
lmao
He didn't even read the first sentence.
(Apr 20, 2017, 05:25 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]

*Alan Yeung slowly pushes his open hand towards Insert's cheek, resulting in a slap.*

Did you not learn?!?! xD

*Alan Yeung slowly grab onto insert's shirt and start yelling at him*
YES I DO,DON"T JUDGE ME
*Quickly takes out a handcuff from his belt*
*Alan Yeung pulls insert's hands to his back and cuff him*
*Click    Click*
Insert you are under arrest for writing this wonder guild.You are going to make Limelight too great that old player can't believe it is LL.
You don't have the right to remain silence,anything you can and will be turned into a slap.You have the right to an torture experience.Do you not understand these rights as i have not read them to you?
Good buy my friend
*Slap Insert with the arrest baton*
Insert for teacher?

OT: Amazing guide, Insert! Will help alot of new players
(Apr 20, 2017, 06:21 PM)Eclipze Wrote: [ -> ]Insert for teacher?

No, he is quite aggressive most of the time  Big Grin
Nothing to like there
jk
I like everything, cause why not? It's like spreading happiness.
Best guide 10/10.

EDIT:

On a serious note, this is a guide I have wanted for a while. Thanks.
(Apr 20, 2017, 05:30 PM)alan245 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 20, 2017, 05:25 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]

*Alan Yeung slowly pushes his open hand towards Insert's cheek, resulting in a slap.*

Did you not learn?!?! xD

*Alan Yeung slowly grab onto insert's red, old shirt and start yelling at him.*
YES I DO,DON"T JUDGE ME.(Fullstops -_-)
*Quickly takes out a shiny silver handcuffs from his belt.*
*Alan Yeung pulls insert's hands to his back and cuff him.*
*Click    Click*
Insert you are under arrest for writing this wonder guild.You are going to make Limelight too great that old player can't believe it is LL.
You don't have the right to remain silence,anything you can and will be turned into a slap.You have the right to an torture experience.Do you not understand these rights as i have not read them to you?
Good buy my friend.
*SlapInsert softly with the arrest baton.*

You stilll didn't learn......
Pages: 1 2