Limelight Forums

Full Version: Steam Error: No SteamUser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ever received this error before? I've tried everything that it says to do along with googling solutions but nothing has worked so far. I have no clue what to try next. Game was working fine yesterday but all of a sudden it wont work now.

[Image: pZPDEG1.png]
I am getting the same sometimes, I just restart Steam and that was it, or I just open the Garry's Mod from Steam client
(Apr 17, 2017, 05:21 PM)Vatipaa Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting the same sometimes, I just restart Steam and that was it, or I just open the Garry's Mod from Steam client

Yea I've tried that already, along with uninstalling and etc. Nothing has worked yet. Only other thing for me to do that I can think of is reinstalling steam.
I'm assuming you've tried to do everything it says on the popup.

I'd give Steam a reinstall. I've never seen this before.
 try delete clientregistry.blob from Steam folder and restart Steam. That fixed mine
(Apr 17, 2017, 06:18 PM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]  try delete clientregistry.blob from Steam folder and restart Steam. That fixed mine

Tried that.
(Apr 17, 2017, 06:22 PM)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 17, 2017, 06:18 PM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]  try delete clientregistry.blob from Steam folder and restart Steam. That fixed mine

Tried that.

Ok have you tried closing steam via task manager? Then re-trying?
(Apr 17, 2017, 06:23 PM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]

Tried that.

Yup
(Apr 17, 2017, 06:28 PM)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 17, 2017, 06:23 PM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]

Tried that.

Yup

From here would be best to reinstall steam.
Reinstalled steam and GMOD, still not working.
Fixed itself, thread can be closed.
Closed & Archived.

Glad you found a fix. If you experience the same issue, please PM me or another Teacher to have this reopened.