Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR - Disastrous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of Player: Disastrous

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:18012397 // https://steamcommunity.com/id/charlieinthetreez

Server: EvoCity_V4B1

Time: (In UTC/GMT +1) 3:15PM (UK time)

Broke rules: 10.2 : ‘’You must have a search warrant from the President to search the property, unless the lives of officers or hostages are at immediate risk.’’ // Metagamed by finding out owner of truck via OOC label

Summary: 

The person in question Disastrous Is responsible for breaking two major things. - Meta Gaming and Failrp, we can see this clearly in the video, within our first encounter we hear him say "No i need to speak with whoever the driver of that truck is" - meaning he is not aware at this point who the driver of said truck is. (Video reference 0:05) He then proceeds to come onto the property, breaking failrp by not having a warrant currently active, I and the person with me at the time warns him of this (gligly who is involved as he never actually cuffed gligly tho should have due to it being an investigation)- He cuffs me without reason, as I was trying to keep the situation in character and contact the president in order to deal with his mishaps, (This is the failRP aswell as him not having a warrant to search the private property he was on) Then he walks over to my truck and then suddenly knows that I am the owner of the truck  and that he changes his story from earlier in the video to :" I Saw you driving the truck in here" ,. It is failrp and Meta Gaming, due to his story changing halfway through and not knowing about the owner of the truck in the first place. He also never ID’d me, and never ran my plates. In this instance he should have ID’d both myself and Gligly then got a search warrant and run my plate before making any arrest(s).
Evidence:
https://youtu.be/CvzUah181Bo

Witness to situation – Gligly
Thank you for your player-report, IVIrCheetham.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, the accused player and witnesses may reply to this report.
Have been requested to comment due to being involved with the situation - 

I can fully agree with what has been posted in the above player report, Disastrous came up to the wall, saying "i want  to speak with the owner of the truck" meaning he didn't know who the owner was, and later as you can clearly see in the video miraculously knows it belongs to Cheetham.
Bearing in mind, if he was going to do an arrest he should have had a warrant to first of all legally be allowed on the private property which i told him he was trespassing on, and the fact he failed to ID either of us or run the plates of Cheets truck, meaning it what is says above. Failrp and meta gaming.
You left the very end out where you told me "and now I'm going to disconnect" right as I'm going to arrest you.
You broke the rules because you felt I broke the rules, what's that even considered?
I never specified that I was about to leave, that has been settled with anyway. If you wish to use that please post evidence. At that current point you wouldn't allow me to contact the president in character, as the law stated (at the time of that president) I as a citizen had the right to argue my case/arrest.
You quite clearly didn't have a warrant (FailRP), again; read the rule I specified, and also you didn't know who owned the truck, then magically found I was the owner after looking at my vehicle and seeing the OOC label, which is classed as ''MetaGaming'' please review the video.
In the video you can hear that i even said un-cuff him as he is trying to contact the president. You refused to let him do so.
I don't need to watch the video to tell you, you broke the rules because you felt I broke the rules.
You disconnected to avoid being arrested, I don't need to show proof, there are logs for that.
You're awfully upset over some banter gone wrong honestly, pretty surprised you made this but eh, whatever.
All I have to say is, you disconnected to avoid arrest, if you don't wanna admit it, that's fine by me.
But you shouldn't break the rules because you think someone else is breaking them, it just doesn't make sense.
You do need to watch the video, you're arguing that you never broke rules and yet haven't seen the evidence that is very clear. And you're still bringing something up that I have spoken to Lods about, and agreed with and also have been punished for. So your point about me not wanting to admit that is invalid. You can clearly see you did what I specified in the video, there was no ''banter'' going on. Thing is, you broke the rules listed.
I never disconnected because I felt you broke rules, I knew you broke them, and I took the wrong choice and D/C'd. (That's my mistake).
You don't want to admit that you broke the two rules as you know there's punishment for it, but it's fine, the video is there for staff more than anyone so that I can back my statements.
In that situation i can see why cheetham would have disconnected, as once you are in jail, no one gives a flying fuck, doing /request has no help, and calling an admin would do nothing as they try and get you to deal with the situation in character, which cheetham actually tried to do by contacting the president, it was at that point when you refused to let him contact the president and attempted to wrongfully arrest him due to the failrp and meta that you broke. Cheetham tried to deal with the situation in character and was not able to due to your actions and breaking of the rules. Although it is still wrong to disconnect to avoid arrest, he has already been punished for that and would be stupid to deny it (which he hasnt, he has fully accepted it) so bringing it up to use as an argument is pointless.
It most definitely was "banter", we had been messing with each other all day and then suddenly you get super offended when I tried to pull you over for a traffic stop. Also, I never admitted or denied the fact that I broke the rules. I'm not saying you're wrong, never have I said you're wrong once. But that's not for me to decide, we can bicker back and fourth all day about this, but I'll let you take the pride since you seem to get such a heart warming feeling out of this so, have at it bud, I hope it makes you happy. I'll take whatever punishment that will come from this and learn better next time. Only thing I really can do, so, have fun.
Smooth, you were bringing up irrelevant data, and now you are agreeing with him, even though you said you didnt need to see the video?
"we had been messing with each other all day" - This was other IC situations, I was still IC at the point of you trying to do a traffic stop which you never attempted. And wouldn't have remembered you has I had changed jobs several times since then which equals a new life. So you can't use that point again.
Edit: I've had some time to sleep and think about the situation and here's how this all happened.
After reviewing the video, multiple times, about 5 times now. I'm going to tell you what happened.
You were driving down the road wrecklessly out by little village, so I tried to pull you over, you failed to pull over so I chased you.
You've cut out the piece in the very beginning where you invited me into the residence, because you knew that it would end your case.
If you posted a raw unedited un-cut version of this, the story would be changed. You fail to tell the truth, which is typical because you have the option to do so as I have no proof. It's just sad that you want to sit here and post a PR on me for this, when I saw you, I nearly made it into the door before it closed. I couldn't even see you when we initiated a conversation, it was really dark. You also left out the part where you talked to me OOC telling me "It was my friend I think he DCed". I knew it was you, I watched you drive the truck in there, I nearly made it in WITH you. This quite honestly is just a case of you trying to prove something, for no real good reason at all. You disconnected to avoid an arrest that was justified, which you also left out of the video. But you admitted to, so that's cool.
If anyone should be punished here, it should be you. You edit your video to make it look like I'm some sort of scumbag, when all I was doing was trying to pull you over, mind you, you're a mechanic why didn't you pull over anyway? You just baited me to coming to the "base" that you were basing at, with your friend who was a Black Market Dealer. And for what, all so you can post a ban request and gain some sort of fame for it? Anyway, not my decision what happens with this Player Report but, what I've said here concludes the just of the story, without deception. I've got nothing to prove without evidence but I will still stick up for myself. The video is flawed, the story is flawed.
End of story.
''You've cut out the piece in the very beginning where you invited me into the residence''
This was OOC, as I can upload for the staff; A gun dealer (I believe) was building right behind you, and his boxes glitched and started flying all over the place and as it came towards us (ended up on the hill to our right) I said, ''Get in here, get in here, them boxes are going to hit you'' - Again, this is on my recording. I uploaded the part where you broke the rules, why would they need to see an OOC sit?

''because you knew that it would end your case.''
This again would not end my case, it was OOC, and if anything I didn't want you to be hit by props that were ''spazzing'' out all over the place. But next time, if I see props about to kill you as they're flying everywhere, I'll record it and laugh about it and not warn you.

''You fail to tell the truth, which is typical because you have the option to do so as I have no proof.''
The victim card isn't needed, you can see you broke the rules, so don't try to make out I have an ''option'' because you don't have evidence, that's not my/anybody's fault you didn't record this particular issue.

''I nearly made it into the door before it closed.''
Why were you trying to enter property without a warrant? You had no right to. Again 10.2

''I knew it was you, I watched you drive the truck in there''
At the beginning of the video, you stated you ''I want to talk to who ever drives that truck'' - Thus meaning you had no idea who drove/owned the truck, so then changing your story after looking at my car seeing the OOC label: ''IVIrCheetham's C10''  You proceed to cuff me, although the law stated I had the right to argue my arrest - That's MetaGaming for one, and FailRP as you weren't corrupt to break the laws.

"It was my friend I think he DCed"
A friend of mine had actually borrowed my car earlier, later returned my car, dropped it off and D/C'd as they were going out for a family meal. I drove my vehicle to the city to get gas, I came back home when I turned around, I had no idea you were stood looking through the fence. Hence why I and Gligly walked over to you and I asked ''Do you need a repair, sir?''.

''If anyone should be punished here, it should be you. You edit your video to make it look like I'm some sort of scumbag''
Making you out to be a ''scumbag'' is a strong assumption, and very incorrect. I can't be punished for showing that you broke the rules. Infact, that statement is invalid, as you're not accepting the fact you broke the rules I stated. And attempting to show the staff I'm purposely making you look bad, you shouldn't have broken the rules, then you wouldn't look so bad on the video.

''you're a mechanic why didn't you pull over anyway?''
There was no sirens blaring, like an actual cop would do If you were doing as you said, chasing me to pull me over. - So how can I pull over when I don't look behind me, and you've not got sirens on? Infact, if you were so close to me, how didn't you manage to pull me over? You could have used the pit maneuver if I were fleeing (Which I wasn't) and also, your sirens would have been heard and I would have most definitely pulled over, as I know you can't create police chases as certain jobs.

''You just baited me to coming to the "base" that you were basing at, with your friend who was a Black Market Dealer. And for what, all so you can post a ban request and gain some sort of fame for it?''
Again, this is you accusing me of something I had no intention of, and you're still accusing me of just wanting to PR you, if you check my records you can see this is my second PR on somebody, so again; statement invalid.

The video is flawed, the story is flawed.
This is your opinion, not a fact. It's there to show you broke the rules, face the facts.

Summary
From your last statement, you've made several accusations about me that are totally false. You're making it out that I was trying to ''bait'' as you know it's against the rules, and feel I should be punished for showing off the fact you broke rules. Your opinion of the video I don't believe is correct, as again you're telling a lie saying I purposely edited out an OOC part to make me better off? Why would I need to? You've admitted you attempted to get in the property without a warrant just now, so that justifys the rule breakage, and also you've basically admitted you metagamed by stating you knew it was me, but in the video you say '''I want to talk to who ever drives that truck'' - Metagaming when your story changes after seeing the OOC label on my truck.

I'm now leaving it in the hands of the staff, as there's nothing else that you need to say, and the same for me. If anything, you should be more than happy to wait for the result of this PR:

''I'll take whatever punishment that will come from this and learn better next time.''. - Posted by Disastrous - Yesterday, 06:16 PM
All ambiguous accusations aside, one thing is clear from the recording, the accused did indeed metagame using the vehicle names.

The accused user will receive a 2 day suspension.

Approved.